Sunday, May 11, 2008



A Few Ramblings and Pieces of Poetry

I love when I go to health class and hear my teacher preach to us about how we're going to die younger than the generation before us. In other words, our parents should live longer than we will. He's always blaming technology and obesity as being the factors behind our expected short life spans. However, even though I believe that obesity may be a very large factor only depending on the individual, I more or less blame stress. Technology may sometimes add to the stress as we're presented with such an overwhelming amount of data at once to deal with, but I believe that technology is a great advancement in reducing stress. That's just my opinion without conducting any research on the matter. If you're stressed out, you can easily talk to somebody online about it, jump onto a video game and get your mind distracted by that, etc. But back on-topic: stress will cause our generation to die earlier than the previous generation. The world is just heading in a direction where conflict is plentiful and abundant and . . . I started this off going somewhere, but my mind is now being distracted by the three tests that I have to take tomorrow, plus trying to catch up on my AP chemistry work that I have yet to start. Drat. See: stress! It's amazing how American students are so worked up about school, yet America has some of the lowest scores in the world when it comes to education. That's telling me something. What about you?

I composed a few poems during the past week. I'm trying to get into a poetic mood. I'm not in the mood at the moment with the large amount of school work I have to compose short stories or anything, so I resorted to poetry. They're all little short untitled things that have absolutely no meaning (at least they might not to you). But honestly, they have no moral or theme. I'm experimenting with end rhymes currently, and they mess up the message I'm trying to convey because I have to then choose phrases that best match the rhyme. Honestly, it should be the rhyme that matches the phrase. I plan to write a pretty epic work soon called "Ode to the SAT" – so expect that in the near future. And yes, it'll be highly satirical. Speaking of SAT, I'll be getting my scores soon. I'll only post mine if they're worthy enough; and that would be a 1000+.

And now for the poems:


A Collection of Random Poems

By Buddy Foote


My eyes close – behold your face

Beautiful with indescribable grace

The lunging arm cannot hold

A value greater than gold


Laconic speech fills not mine ears

Silent reflecting expresses mine fears

Losing thou is to lose the world

Mine thoughts are left to be swirled


My eyes lay to rest at night

A scene written not by a playwright

Your image appears 'cross mine scope

My dreams creating the only hope


Words lay trapped by tongue

The love of one too young

To acknowledge the statement overdue

To which is said "I love you"



The textbook is too void

To speak of the property of love

The authors try to avoid

The angelic charm of above

The text forms columns and rows

Pigmented by the sweet perfume

The transition of your radiance glows

The torn pages fly away to doom

Covers hide the soul away

The inside is the only matter

The elements that hold the only display

To form the vivid points of chatter



Cosine or sine?

Why do you exist?

I would be fine

But now I am pissed

The unit circle speaks

Says not a lie

Of unforgivable weeks

That you made me cry



When can one not harvest the fine summer grapes?

The morning dew clings to the stems of thy fruit

The rising sun creates halos of the plump shapes

Of the many blooming flowers that one may pursuit

But be it only a single crop out of the produce

That catches mine eye compared to the rest

The oval mass filled with good-nature and juice

When looked upon creates a stinging pain in thine chest


What is to change than a quarter and a nickel?

The cashier hesitates when the drawer doesn't close

Who can turn to one so bipolar and fickle?

Who counts the change twice and then chooses to oppose

The customer thinks not too well of the man

Wandering eyes stare off into infinity

Thinking too much for a notion or a plan

Too desperate and young to lose one's virginity


But sex is not of the agenda!

Look not away, my dear Brenda!

Relationship flourishes through small talk

And one must not take the method to stalk


Alas I dream away to doom in the moonless night

Mine dreams creating the only hope

The vision of thou creates such a delight

My imagination the only way I can'st cope

Adieu! Adieu! I say to you

As thou fading images die with the moon

The rush and excitement allowed me to pursue

However my chance will die come the month of June



Have a good one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. People are so stressed out today. First of all you have to do well in school and that's not always easy since you have to study non-stop for about fifteen years to be able to get a good job. But of course it's not easy to find a job even if you have a education. And then you need to travel, see the world, find yourself, find a partner, find your place in life etc etc. And you should be successful before thirty. And have kids and a house too. And be filthy rich aswell. It's so fucked!

I say screw all expectations and relax for a while. We all should do that. I want to go to Asia and live in a cottage for a year and just relax.

Anonymous said...

Stress is the number one killer in the developed, isn't it? Didn't they do a study on it, or at least gathered statistics that proved it killed more people than any other cause? Hmm, maybe I just dreamed it!

Stress is certainly more abundant these days than it has ever been before, I think it's fair to say. Just about every minute detail of daily life is forced to be stressed about!

Anonymous said...

People are overly stressed. Sometimes even obesity and stress go hand in hand.. it's all about the individual and how much they can handle I guess.