Friday, August 10, 2007

The New BFBv.2

August seems to be an extremely inactive month on the blog, with only two entries excluding this one. However, there is work going on behind the scenes that one cannot see that will come at you fast when it is completed. Buddy Foote's Blog v.2 is going to get a haircut, a shave, and get some new clothes when the new blog layout is released later this month. How far are we in on the actual production of the layout? 0% done. Yes, we're doing good, aren't we? You may be able to add one or two percent in there though because I have come up with some ideas for the layout, including new blog features and the whereabouts of where certain page elements will be placed. Caitlin is helping a lot too. Caitlin is the brains behind CSS programming, logos and other images, and much more. She pretty much constructed the second BFBv.2 layout, which you may be viewing now depending if you're reading the entry around August 10th, 2007. I want to do a bit more work myself on this one which translates to the new layout will have many glitches and will be ugly looking. I'm the guy responsible for the glitch that occurred when the last layout was created by forgetting to send an end tag from a Javascript widget to Caitlin which made the page not come up in certain browsers and I didn't find out the problem until the damage was done and we lost visitors and readers. And Chase is also helping by giving out helpful ideas in terms of blog features. I don't want to give any features away yet as they're still in the scrapbook, but hopefully they'll allow some interaction between visitors/readers and the fellow staff here at BFBv.2.

The layout theme is going to be black and silver with the same green and blue colors used and will have three columns besides the two we currently have -- the left sidebar and middle section with entries. The small biographies for the author's will be revised a bit, throwing in other elements to read as well as a random picture generator. We're going to get rid of the web cam (very, very inactive and I dislike being displayed on the internet live) and move many current page elements around. You'll just have to wait and see the layout. Hopefully it'll be as good as I can see it in my head.

Can I blame my own absence from the blog on the development of the layout? No, not at all. Being that the layout isn't even being worked on yet by means of actual coding, I can't even point a finger at it to blame. I do blame World of Warcraft and headaches though for getting in my way. WoW is becoming quite addicting, which is a bad thing as I have to go back to school in nineteen days. And mostly I waste time on WoW trying to figure out what to do. I'm only level thirty-five and Craig, who started playing about a month after me, is already thirty-eight or maybe even thirty-nine as I wasn't on since around nine yesterday. That's not surprising though, as this one person I met when I started playing is a perfect example. I was a higher level than her, maybe only seven, when Kyle and me quested with her in Dun Morogh. Just yesterday when I was on, I noticed that she signed on (I didn't talk to her since that day), and she was level 51. It just goes to show that some people can level better than others. In general, I stink at World of Warcraft. Oh well, at least my dwarf has a cool hat I like.

Well, I'm going to go now. I still want to head onto WoW to try and finish up Missing Diplomat, read a bit more of "Good Earth", and start the coding of the new blog layout. If today is like the other days in this past week, then I'll only probably play WoW and waste the day doing something unproductive, like randomly falling asleep. Oh well, better preserve the summer while it's still here.

Have a good one.


P.S. -- I would also like to add that Author of the Month will be inactive until the new layout. Please do not vote as the poll will be reset.

1 comment:

LM said...

I loved the movie, "Ella Enchanted" Very cute! :)