Sunday, August 05, 2007

Only The Really Real

Hi ho, hi ho, here on the blog I go. xD I feel like I haven't written in ages. See, my last entry was extraordinary. Not only was it huge but it was filled with so much joyful emotion that I think it wore me out. :P Therefore I didn't even let myself think of writing another one for many days. Actually, I wanted to write one mid- week but that never occurred because I got distracted with other offline events. I just woke up before and with a freshly revived mind I'll try to remember the things I did since my last entry and write about them. :)

Monday I had my friend Heather come over. I mentioned entries' ago that I set up a tent in my backyard. Well we finally made plans for her to come and camp out with me. ^_^ It was a lot of fun, and she spent almost two days over so that was cool. She has limited internet access at her own home, so when she comes over she loves the freedom and time I give her to go online my laptop to do any&all the things she wants [mostly myspace, but y'know ;P] So we spent a lot of time inside on the computer actually. I would have perferred otherwise but that's just because I practically live on the thing and could use a break, but I let her on and she was so happy to go online, so I was happy. :) We did play outside a lot too, and with my brother. It was a lot more fun once the sun went down. We all played out in the dark for a few hours even. I think playing hide-n- seek during a summer night is awesome and I don't get to do it that often. Heather and I hid and Chase and my dog were supposed to find us but they didn't really...so we tried to sneak up on them and scare them. Haha however any way it worked out was fun. We then played volleyball and other games and were just running around. It's nice because the night air is very cool and then you don't get as hot, really. :P At one point we climbed up the large hill in my backyard and got to see the huge reddish glowing moon. It was really really breathtaking to stand all the way up there and see it in full view straight ahead. Plus all the stars were surrounding it, so I loved it even more, hehe it's just so pretty. :)

I think it was around 10:30 or 11 Heather and I tried to settle into the tent. We have had many sleepovers before where neither of us had enough blankets and freezed our buttts off. xD This was sorta one of them, haha aw. :P I didn't fall asleep until past midnight, like one maybe because I had to run back up to the house fifty times for something or use the bathroom so it was funny that I had to keep unzipping the door which is mighty loud in the night, and wake poor Heather up the second she is half-asleep. xP Then when I was finally down in the tent for good I didn't sleep well and had one of those nights where you're sleeping lightly and every hour or so you will be awake and then you go back to sleep and the pattern repeats itself. It wasn't one of those good sleep heavy straight through the night sleeps, haha. By 3 or 4 in the morning I think some of the cold was really setting in on us because I was freezing and wrapped myself up cucoon style. xD By the time it was 5 I realized Heather had done the same exact thing so we looked hilarious laying there with nothing showing but our nose, hahaha. We were both up then too and laughed over this realization. Then we just got colder and tried to keep each other warm. It probably didn't help that I was wearing shorts and a tank top with a small jacket over my arms, and this shirt on my legs, [el oh el it was so funny thinking back xD]. By the time the sun started to roll out it warmed up the inside of that tent immediately so I fell back asleep hard until like 10 since I was now so toasty. =)

It was fun though, it's always fun to do something different like that, and my tent worked well. :P The next day we just hung out outside or on the computer since it was a pretty warm day. I'm just glad she got to come over and all. :]

Swimmy!
The rest of the week we've had a heat wave of sorts so I spent everyday swimming, being the fishie I am. ;) I love swimming. I've said this before, but it's very true. Unfortunately, the one day I got burnt a little, and then the next day I tred to practice diving in the weird way that I do, and got water in my ear that didn't get out for hours. xD I am happy to see next week will remain warm so hopefully I'll get to do some more swimming. =)

The Good Earth by Pearl S. BuckFriday I actually stopped by the library and checked out my first book of the three required novels I must read for English class once school is back in session. Since "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck was the first title I had written down, it was the first book I looked to get out. I've read seven chapters in it so far, and have to say I enjoy it. Some of these summer reading books from the past are true classics about themes or plots I don't understand or can follow well, or they simply don't interest me so I don't really act pumped over them even though I like to read. "The Good Earth" is about Chinese culture in a way, so at first I wasn't sure it'd become my new favorite or anything, but it's not bad at all. I am looking forward to reading some more in it today. :]

Birthday Partay Time ;)Yesterday was a really good day. Being Saturday and all, it's always nice to have some sort of plans to look forward to if you have the choice. I thought it was really great that Steve [Buddy Foote] invited me [in place of Corey] to come by for his grandmother's 80th birthday party. :) I had a nice time getting to see all his family and hang out in his house since I never really did before. :] His family was all really nice to me, so I felt comfortable being there. :] We spent a lot of time in his living room using the Wii. I was happy I got to try it out! It was my first time ever like, touching one of those, haha. I liked it, it just would probably take me a few times to get used to it. (: Overall, I hope his grandmother enjoyed her party and I'm glad I got be a part of it. [Thanks for having me over Steve!] =)

I suppose that about rounds out my week, being today is Sunday then eh? I wanted to write this entry last night but I stayed on late changing the layout for Starry Bliss ever since I found out what I was doing wrong that it wouldn't work in other browsers. See, being I was using net2ftp, I didn't know my actual file name for a subpage had to have certain words after it. Freewebs, my old host, did all that for me sort of automatically and I never realized that before, but I understand now. :] See! I'ma learning, hehe.

Luv Addict - Family Force 5Oh my gosh! I just realized I forgot a major portion of this blog entry that I wanted to write about!!! How could I forget! See I just remembered because I am nearing my Radically Random segment and I knew all week what I wanted to put there and well, oh my gosh! :) If you don't know, you MUST know that I love Family Force 5. :) I met them at Warped Tour last week. That entry can be found here. Well they have been running this youtube video sort of series called Really Real Shows that simply showcase the band members being normal&goofy in their everyday life. My friends and I have seen all the RRShows since school and each one was always funnier than the last it seemed, so we fell in love with them. :) Last Sunday they put out their 17th Really Real Show, where Tub-o, their guy that usually tapes the shows, lets Soul Glow Activatur, the lead singer, take over the camera and film whatever footage he wants. Well when I was at Warped Tour with my friends and we first saw SGA with a camera, I'm not sure it registered to us all that it may just be film for the next RRShow, and if it was, we doubted they'd keep any footage of us because we're nobodys and they can easily edit&delete us out when they put the show together y'know? The cool thing is, that they didn't do any of thaaaaaat! I almost collapsed out of my chair when watching their new RRShow and saw them filming the Warped Tour area I was at. Before I knew it there are my friends and I posing for a picture with SGA and smiling and mumbling "oh my gosh oh my gosh" because we couldn't believe it was them. :D :D :D So now not only did we meet the band, talk to the band, get pictures with the band, &autographs of the band, but are PERMANENTLY AND FOREVER clipped in their RRShow for ALL fans to watch!!!! Wow. That day was amazing and it only got better! I can't believe it. :D My friends and I were ecstatic all over again. :D :D :D

So as you could guess, my Radically Random for today will be their newest RRShow for you to check out if you want, and see how cool it is, hehe. Just don't fall too much in love with them, they're already taken, hahajk;)


Radically Random...

Family Force 5 - Really Real Show 17


4 comments:

Yoshke said...

wow, at least you had a great time swimming. i love swimming, too, but summer's long been over in my country. (March-May).

Anonymous said...

i love swimming too. sadly the days i actually get off of work its always crappy out and i dotn get the chance to use my pool or do anything fun, like lay around in it or go to the beach :S

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I never heard of Family Force 5 before. I tried watching the clip, but it won't load for me. I guess it's just my internet being slow. that was a long update. I haven't been updating myself either...just lazy. I'm glad you like my music by the way...

Anonymous said...

Whoa long blog
lubb swimming too, but I cant since i have this rash
oh well
atleast you had some fun