Sunday, October 12, 2008

For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

I have to say that I probably broke a record this weekend in the writing of four essays, five if you count a two paragraph mini-statement. I also read six short stories, enjoyed the fall foliage, ran into a counter, ate a juicy apple, and overslept to the point where I woke up with a headache.

I also have to say that all of the blogs I have ever written here are invaluable to me. This weekend particularly, I find myself searching for past entries in order to take bits and pieces for use in my current essays. I love reading my old entries. They portray so much detail in a life so vague. Reflecting upon my entries at times when I was feeling happiest bring a shy smile to my face because some times were just so good. I think I will miss those memories very much, but at the same time I want to build new ones. I want to be able to share those new ones, too.

I have written a few entries here lately because this blog is the only piece still connecting me with the other side. I am not sure if this bridge I am crossing can ever be fully rebuilt, but I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

One more thing. In noticing my older entries, I was taken aback by how full of color they were. I had quotes; I had pictures. It was really nice to look at. I think that when I have the time again I will try to increase the appeal of my entries once more. I don't see why not, as it serves as a nice contrast to the bland text we all know and love.

I am going to go and have myself a cookie right now. Then I am going to resume my essays and maybe let myself be taken away through the verses of music. I hope you have a really good one, because let's face it, nobody deserves to have anything less.

No comments: