Sunday, September 09, 2007



JoCo

Laptops PwnIf this week is any clue as to what is to come, then this school year is going to keep me mighty busy. :P Therefore I've decided to try my best to write a blog entry at least every weekend, since that will probably be the only time I have the most "free" time. ;) I think I ended up doing that same thing last year too anyways. I'll either catch up on events of the past week or ramble on about nothing worth your time. xD However, it is a gorgeous day today, and I am sitting outside wirelessly on my laptop, in a hammock, underneath shady trees, (considering I am hot from riding my bike beforehand). ;P It's quite cool how I can be online in new and unusual spots. With a desktop you have to be at your, well, desk. With a laptop, wherever your lap can travel, it can travel too! :P

Anyhow, like I said, I was busy this week with school and then your everyday busy-ness. I did get online for a few minutes during thhe week here and there when I had time to spare, but I only did a few things. I was really happy to see each time I checked my e-mail, I would have 5, 10, sometimes even 20, yes 20, new Family Force 5 fan sign-ups at my brand new fanlisting. =) This morning I received the e-mail that my link is now officially on the TFL.org site, which is great. =) It was a long process to get this far actually. I had to apply for it like back in early July, wait 4 weeks for approval to get started, and then another 4 weeks until they came to check my finished product and add my new link. =) It was worth every minute though! Running a fanlisting is fun, so much fun that I applied for a Jonathan Coulton one a week later, which was just approved 2 days ago, and that I started and finished making all last night. :D Another cool thing about them is with the JoCo fanlisting, I really did open it just last night. I only told one friend and left a comment on JoCo's myspace about it, and this morning I got a sign-up already by a new person! :) They probably saw the comment I left or something, which is pretty neat. =)

FootballMoving on. :P I went to the first home high school football game Friday night. I have to admit I think that game was one of my favorites. I had so much fun going that time. I'm not sure what made it different exactly, maybe the fact it was't freezing and I felt good helped that be so. ;) I like going to the football games now. It's something fun to do after a long school week, and plus everybody can socialize. I always said those games are like one big recess, like the kinds we had in elementary school, where everybody from school is there, you see all your friends, you walk&talk with your closest, and then you have the more sporty people playing sports [in this case football :P]. You see my point? Haha.

Ah! An ant was just crawling across my keyboard and walking on the mouse touch pad. :P Sheesh. It was small enough to fall between the keys, and I did not want that to happen so I'm like trying to pick it up, but then they just pinch you. :P Little bugger..

Hehe...hurt :PThis week at school I had two issues. One was physical, the other cognitive. [I hope I'm using those words right!] My physical issue was that I suffered with an infected elbow cut all week [haha that sounds funny]. :P Really now, from tubing last weekend I scraped my elbow massively. Then I took poor care of it the day after and suffocated it, then it got infected. Hurt me like crazy because an elbow is an awkward place for a bad cut. [It was more like a scrape then a cut though.] I came to realize how often I move my elbow. For example, putting shirts on and off! :P You have to bend your elbows, and that hurt a little or just plain stung. Then when I had special creams and goop all over it, I couldn't put my elbow on things. That's even harder! :P Haha, I didn't realize how much I set my elbow down on tables when I sit, or when I go on the computer, or when I sleep my elbow lies on the bed! All those times I had to be in weird positions to prevent elbow goop drippage. xD Haha. It is a lot better now though, and has shrunk in size, and the best news is that it is finally scabbing! Which means it probably lost it's infection-part. [I hope ;)] Nice story huh?

Journalism..The "cognitive" issue this week was that I could not, and still can not, think of my own good idea for an article to write in my school newspaper, since I am in Journalism and all. I went around asking everybody I knew for help. I still am undecided, so will probably resort to asking the teacher tomorrow what ideas are left open and which does she think I should do. :P That means, if any blog guests happen to stumble over my entry and have an idea to share, please comment and fill me in. ;)

JoCo is da man!I'm feeling hungry now so may go find something tasty to eat. :P Dont'cha love my randomosity in blogs? It's not even like I am anywhere near that way in person, or at least I don't think. :P My RR today will have to be, of course, the link to mine (and I'll say Steve's) Jonathan Coulton fanlisting! That way all other fantastic "nerdz" can score some points by clicking the beautiful link and expressing their personal JoCo pride. :D Hehe. ^_~


Radically Random...

-Do you know Mark Minelli?
-Are you a fan of fudgie whales?
-How about getting headaches in the basement?
-Can you dance like Johnson?
-Do you enjoy strolls around town?
-Did you take your steak taste better pill last night?

If you answered yes to all of the above, then you belong as a member at the Jonathan Coulton fanlisting!! :D

Click here, nooberz. ;)

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Ah, geez! I totally hear you about TFL.org. It seemed to take a month and a half at LEAST to the fanlisting I made approved and linked. But it's so worth it. :) That's great about all the members you're getting for your FF5 listing!!

Ouch. The elbow issue sounds painful, for sure. Glad it seems to be healing. I always thought it was so interesting the way the human body heals itself with scabs. Er...yeah. :P

I'm sure you'll come up with an idea for your article. None come to mind at the moment but like you said, your teacher could have some suggestions.

Here's to hoping the future football games are just as enjoyable as this first!

Anonymous said...

Looks like things were pretty busy for you. Don't stress TOO much!

Anonymous said...

YOu know what..I might do the same. I will try to blog once a week. I really need to, coz I'm going to miss it...hehehe..

Unknown said...

I really can't believe school has started again. summer is over! good luck this year!

Melissa said...

TFL definitely takes forever. It took over two months for them to get back to me on one fanlisting and when I responded with a question they never responded again. That was over a month ago. But god forbid if your life gets screwed up and you delay in updating your fl's. Wow they jump fast on that.