Saturday, September 29, 2007



The Weekly

Lost Kitty...Hello! Well, I believe Steve summed it up quite well in his last entry about the amount of work and overall school week-related stress that keeps us busy everyday. It's a shame neither of us can barely post, but at least we have weekends right? :P Last time I wrote about a new kitten that suddenly appeared at my house Friday after school. It stayed with us the entire week, and each day my family grew closer to it. We took care of it and even played with it. I really liked her, she was so cute, and really cheered everyone up in her playful curiosity over things. Yesterday [the most recent Friday afternoon], she disappeared and we haven't seen her since. We got some thunderstorms and my mother said she hasn't seen her since then. I spent some time looking around the yard for her, but had no luck. I'm not sure where she went, and honestly miss her. :P I think we all do because we were growing attached. It is ironic, however, how she disappeared exactly one week later just as sudden as she appeared. I hope she's okay though, wherever her little booty is. :P

Panic at the Disco! SongAfter a long school week, I was excited to go to my friend Heather's house after school and relax. :P We didn't stay there very long though. We went up to the barn, and after feeding the animals had to come back and get ready for this "Teen Night" being held at Heather's church which she invited me to come along to. It was really nice actually. =) I think everyone was hoping for more teens to be there though. There was a good amount nonetheless, and all people I had never met before, with some I had heard of from Heather. I was excited on the way because I wanted to meet new people my age. :P It's weird, sometimes I get these surges of excitement and confidence where I want to go and meet more people my age. I only know the crowd from my school, and I think meeting others will widen my view and expand my friendships which I actually want to happen hehe. :P Everyone there was really nice. :] There was a small mix of ages between 12-21, but I think most were 16 to be honest. :P We ate first and then after playing outside for awhile got to go on a really fun hayride as the sun was setting. Everybody was worried rain might ruin the plans, but thankfully it held off and we got to go on a pretty long ride past all these farms as it was getting darker by the minute. I thought it was so much fun! :P Sure, it was a little chilly, and kind of spooky, but I enjoyed it! :] Once the ride was over there was a big fire to warm up near and people were passing out glow in the dark earrings and things which was cool. xD It then started to rain so everybody had to go inside and thats when the pastor and a friend of the pastor [I think?] spoke to us a little and then there were some guitars and people started playing songs and singing and such. =) It was all real nice, and I was glad I got to finally put faces to some of the names Heather always talks about. ;)

When I got home, Steve told me of the great news that Jonathan Coulton is playing nearby on October 19th. [see his last entry!;)] That got me really excited. However I'm not sure what's going to be. We sort of need a ride there...yknow? xD Anyway I love JoCo and I would love to see him! hehe. :P

Drive that truckie! :PToday was a really nice day, aside from the fact I couldn't find that little kitty anymore. The weather was perfect. I was going to go out shopping or something, but didn't feel like it actually, haha. Instead I went for a long walk down my road to take in some fall foliage, fresh air, and iPod time. xD Afterwards I went driving! Woo. :) It went great, which I am glad to announce! :P I really "wanted" to drive this time and was "excited" believe it or not. :P My goodness I change fast. xD I think I was driving for a full hour, give or take, and got in a lot of practice in the parking lot. I finally think I found a spot to focus on to align the vehicle better up with curbs and lines and that sort of thing. That was hard for me to do the first few times I tried. I'm also turning corners a lot smoother at a consistent speed and staying to my side better than I had previously where I went too much into the other lane. I was happy I could park right up against the curb with only a few inches apart. That was thanks to my new focusing point, haha. That probably doesn't sound like much to you advanced drivers but for a newbie that was kind of hard for me. :P I had fun though, which is a good step. ;)

I'm feeling tired now, believe it or not. :P I think I wrote all I intended to write about. Unfortunately, you can't expect another entry until next weekend with my busy schedule and all. xD See you. (:

Radically Random...

For my Journalism class, we had to hand in Entertainment articles. I took some lines from online and then added a few of my own to spazz up this "90's Child" list. I thought it was fun to do. I know I've pasted one before, but it's classic, and this is my updated one for the school newspaper so I thought I'd share it. That way if you never saw such a thing before, you'll enjoy reading through it. =)

You know you're a 90's child if...

You remember playing Red Rover, Cops&Robbers, Hopscotch, Hacky Sacs, and yo-yo's at recess.

You got super excited when it was time to play "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" in computer class at school.

You've ever ended a sentence with the word "Psyche!", "NOT!", or "Then why don't you marry it!"

Trading Pokemon cards and playing it on gameboy was your life.

You collected Beanie Babies, Troll dolls, Furbies and/or Pogs.

Spice Girls were "da bomb" and so was wearing high heeled sneakers just like them.

All your school supplies were the "Lisa Frank" brand.

Micheal Jordan and the Chicago Bulls were the best and only basketball team you knew of.

You will never forget where you were when you heard your first Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, and N'Sync song.

You enjoyed partying with S-Club 7.

Scrunchies were a girl's best friend.

You remember writing M.A.S.H. notes and those little fortune cookie things that predicted your life.

Tang, Ring Pops, Warheads and Lunchables were the coolest new things to eat.

You ever watched Wishbone, Reading Rainbow, Step by Step, Doug, or Ren & Stimpy on television.

You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green ranger, were meant to be together.

You remember when Super Nintendo and Skip-it's became popular.

You remember the craze and then banning of slap bracelets.

You enjoyed reading Goosebumps or the Baby Sitter's Club series.

Things like who's "it" and other issues were settled by "rock paper scissors"..or "bubble gum bubble gum in a dish"...and even better, "daddy had a donkey inky binky bonky."

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Aww no!! I hope the kitty is alright. :(

Glad you got some driving practice in and that you did better as well as felt more comfortable about it. Hah the same thing happened to me. I just got really excited and anxious to drive after not wanting to for months and months.

I love that '90s child thing. Remember a lot of those things and I was definitely a Beanie Baby and Pogs collector (still have both)!

Anonymous said...

:( hmmmm I seriously hope the kitty is alright. My ex got a cute little kitty some time ago too. She's so small and can crawl all over the house XD so huuu - with that storm, I hope the little kitty was able to find a safe place. Glad you had a fun tme at Teen Night :D Hahah don't worry about what advanced drivers might think :P I don't even have a drivers license yet *sigh* Take care ~ xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope the kitty is okay, I've never had a cat that's disappeared but my hamster did for a few hours and it's horrible. I hope she's ok. That's good you had some driving practise, don't worry about that other people think.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is good with the kitty. take care of yourself