Tuesday, April 29, 2008



Confused Feelings

I recently received Microsoft Office 2007 (and may I add not by legal means) and I thought that in my confused daze that I would compose a blog entry using the nifty feature provided by Word 2007 that allows me to do so. I thought I would share that bit quickly: in case anything goes wrong when this post is published. I had to obtain Office 2007 for the Excel program. We recently received laptops in school and unfortunately for my AP chemistry class; we had to make some graph expressing the relationship between absorbance and concentration for some equilibrium constant lab. Yes, fun. Not! Anyway, the laptops (even though they're totally outdated and run a cheap version of XP) contain the Office 2007 programs. I never even had any Office program that wasn't a free trial that already expired. Therefore, by looking around Youtube a bit for videos that would show me the serial number for the full product, I received my baby. I never really liked the Office 2007 programs too much initially as they seemed too unfamiliar, compared with the norm, but once you get used to the software, you will find out how user-friendly it is. For example, to make a table, you literally select from a menu the dimensions from a nice little visual, and BAM! your table is there. My only complaint was when I was making a graph in-class and then I accidentally deleted it and couldn't find the 'undo' button on Excel 2007. Right now, it's up there by the save option, laughing at me. Damn you!

I have been having very weird mixed-up feelings lately. Mostly, it's been a slight wave of depression. It's annoying too. It's an indescribable feeling where the origin of it is even a mystery to me. I hate when people are asking me "Why are you sad?" and "What's the matter?" and I don't have an answer to respond with – mainly because I don't know what's going on myself. I do have a tangible reason, however, but it's confidential information. But the sadness spells started out-of-nowhere for some other reason that I'm not even unaware of. It's like when somebody pickpockets you, gets away with it without you noticing, and you're left standing there wondering, "What happened to my wallet?" I tried talking to a few friends about it, but my thoughts have been too unorganized for me to know what I was trying to discuss. I think it's affecting my school abilities too – I recently got my lowest grade on a test since elementary school – an 82. And I recently screwed up on a chemistry quiz when I forgot to take the square root in the quadratic formula – and keep in mind it was a three-question quiz. I don't know anymore. I don't have a chance. I don't talk. It's just – it'll hurt people. I'm just confused and lost in my realm of thought at the moment.

I'm going to go then. Thought I would throw an update up. Have a good one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow please tell me thats 82/100? which is good.. i dont know but that mark is great.. i hope you get this whole thing sorted out though.. maybe seeing somebody about it/

Anonymous said...

I have always liked using office, the only problem it being worth so much money. But I guess it is a lot cheaper then Photoshop. XP

Sorry to hear you are feeling confused and upset about things buzzing around in your life at the moment. I am sure things will improve, sometimes it just takes time. I often feel myself getting into the same area. I want to talk but I can't because my thoughts are so disjointed and so lost I wouldn't know where to start.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully things get better. I really hate office.

Transient Dreams said...

I like how the new Office programs look. Sadly, I still have MS Office 2003.

I hope things work out for you...