Friday, March 10, 2006

Finally Better and Much to Say

First I must proclaim to thee that I'm not exactly at my best health at the moment in my time of sickness, but a lot better compared to the rest of the week. Thank God because this sore throat I've been having is a killer. I was sick to the point where I had a 101 fever, but I still didn't miss a day of school yet this school year. Good riddance for that because Thursday I earned the degree "Student of the Month" for my 9th grade class for the month of February. It just has to be the shortest month, doesn't it!? My buddy, Corey, got it last month in which he received the first one in our entire school history being this program just started in early February. Did I get anything special? Well, a certificate, name mentioned on school announcements twice, pictures for newspaper next week, and a visit to my vice principal's office.

This is really bothering me about my blog, but I never deliver the full message that I want to say and overtime I end up leaving these major holes in my plot of telling that results in confusion for both the reader and myself. I can never get the point across in the full way I intended to do so. So I'm telling you now, if I'm ever getting onto something here and I start onto something else because that little something else was mentioned in a word or two in parentheses away from the main topic I was orginally talking about and I never get back to that original topic, that's because I have this problem where my mind wanders around when I'm typing so I get all of these new ideas rushing into my head, ready to be typed up, before the old ones even see their appearance on the computer screen. I think I did a good job there. Speaking of good jobs, my friend Craig got a job at a pizza place washing dishes. See! There's an example! Ouy...

Before talking about the past I need to cover the future. Normally in most textbooks it doesn't go in that order, but who here really likes timelines? I do. Now, I'm not going to really be around to post too much this weekend. My only time in the world to rest. Why? Well, yesterday we got our next speech assignment to do. She's so excited about our speeches that she jumps from one to another. What an excited woman! So we have to do a speech on a country that we "pick" with our eyes closed in which she spins the globe and we randomly point to a country when she tells us to do so and we hope we don't get some country like Cravefuyutboaris. Also we have to have at least, being a minimum, of two visual aids, an outline, every source printed out, and something else probably that she never told us about. So after everybody finishes their demonstration speeches finally, she informs us about the next speech and then has us line up single file to pick our next country. Well, two minutes left to class, bell rings, we stay, pick country, run away. Sorry, I had to have some sort of rhyme going here. I was the second-to-the-last person in line and got my country. Now my finger landed on Germany, but that was already picked. I could've done a lot on Germany with the crazy Nazis and all, but no. She moved her finger to the left a bit on the line of latitude (I think that's the correct line running from left to right..) and said I could either pick France or Switzerland. What did I pick? Switzerland, of course! I don't know why but I did... Main point: It's due Monday. Meaning I have two days to find information on the country, at least two visual aids, an outline, printing out sources, actually whipping a memorized one to two minute speech together, and practicing it a bit. That's just crazy! Oh well, Runescape playin' tonight!

And without the speech itself, I have a Spanish quiz on clothing, English homework, and...I think there was something else...wow I have a short memory.

But with that speech I was nervous. I didn't have internet at all yesterday besides for a one-hour period of time right after I came home from school, which involved just searching around my bookmarks wasting time, getting my headache worse which causes my brain to become congested and I have a harder time doing homework later on. See, I went off on a huge sentence ender there over a mention of what I normally do after school when I'm sick... Anyway, this speech involves looking up information on the computer meaning you need an internet connection unless you have a CD with the whole damn wikipedia database offline on it which is currently impossible for mankind to even attempt at this point. So in other words, I'd simply be screwed. At least I got to bed early...

A lot more happened during the week but I don't intend to have an autobiography written here, or at least just yet. Actually I already wrote one in 6th grade which my mother found when we were taking everything out of the parlor because my father is ripping the whole room apart, walls, celing, floor, etc. and replacing them and putting in a corn burning stove. That's another major event that began this week too... Anyway, yes, I already wrote an autobiography. I was going to talk more about how I died on Runescape last week and what's going on in the game now but I just realized I have litter boxes to clean out or my father is throwing a cat out of the window. So make sure you have a good one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephen! Like omigosh did you go to the parade today?! I read at your sister's blog that you were going with her and her husband today and I was all OmG! I was there with Chase and I so wish I would have seen you..but I didnt even look! Lol!! GrR! I can't believe, did you really go?? Did you see me, cuz sadly I am hard to miss ..anyways like omgomgomg! Haha

Buddy Foote said...

No, I didn't go. That's some other Steve, her friend.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.