Monday, November 26, 2007



Paper Route

Hey there. :] I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgivings! I am not sure why I put off blogging for as long as I did, but I guess better late than never right? ;] Many different things have happened since I last wrote so I will catch you up some.



Hmm..well my kitten is doing fantastic. He is very energetic and has already grown a good lot. He is sitting down by my feet as we speak. I accidentally woke him up when I jumped up suddenly to bring my dog back inside. Speaking of my dog, the kitten finds attacking my dog fun. :P Especially when her tail wags, he will pounce at it with his claws out. I think it's driving her crazy so I try to have those situations not occur. Aw, kitty just meowed. I guess he wanted to say hello. :]

I went to the library last Saturday and volunteered again for 5 hours or so. I was kept busy doing a number of things, but my friend Mark wasn't there because he was at his school's semi, so that was the only down part because I didn't have him to talk too. :P That Monday we had no school because of the first mini- snowstorm we were hit with. It was beautiful to have a day off like that. I really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind a few more like it. :] Plus the snow itself was very festive. It melted like the next day though. :P I had school Tuesday and Wednesday, before being let out for Thanksgiving break. I had a nice chunk of tests to take before the break, and all went well except the math for some reason. I'm not sure what went wrong, but it took me awhile and I had trouble concentrating at that time. :P I was probably anxious to have the tests off my chest or something. xD

Zac is cute. Period.I go back to school tomorrow, so I still have today off which is nice. I had a decent Thanksgiving. I woke up not feeling well though, and literally almost fainted, but not to worry as I recovered quite quickly thank goodness. [Yep, ironic maybe? I was thankful I didn't 'faint' this year. xD] The food was delicious as always though. On Friday I went over to my friend Abby's house with Nicole. We three had made much needed plans to just be together for a good chunk of the weekend. We needed some "can" time to talk, laugh, and enjoy each other's company. :] We spent some time watching the video tape from my summer party when they came over my house, then we filmed ourselves a little more. While eating pizza that night [which I also ate for breakfast and lunch the next day] High School Musical 2 was on TV and Abby actually kept it on and we watched like an hour of it. It had been a little while since I saw Zac Efron and I got hit with a wave of massive "likeness" all over again. xD It's quite ridiculous, but I currently still have this HUGE girlish crush on Zac. :P My friends just look at me weird, and the whole thing itself is even weird because I don't usually go around having these little girl crushes on movie stars, but Zac makes my heart beat fast. ♥ =) When I was sitting on the edge of my seat enjoying all the parts he was in, I told my friends that I bet I like him so much is because of his blue eye- dark hair combo. xD It's so nuts, I know I know, and I'm sure I'll grow out of it soon, but he's soo cute. [[&hey Ashlee, if you read this as I think you may, when I was reading your confessions page and saw the part where you say Zac Efron makes you giggle like a schoolgirl, I'm so too that giggling schoolgirl, haha! :)]]

Paper Route!Okay okay, enough about Zac for now. xD After we turned off that movie it was time for us to head to Abby's grandmother's house where we'd be sleeping. The plan for the night was to go "paper routing!" The past year or so Abby's uncle Joe started delivering the Times Tribune everyday of the week except Sunday morning. Abby started going with him, then started to bring Nicole, and finally I got a chance to see what it was like as well. :] Abby now goes so often it's as though she has a part-time job herself because she gets paid up to 25 bucks a night when it's just her and Joe. xD I have to say paper routing was a huge educational experience, sorta like a late night field trip. :P I learned a lot about papers and how they get out, and how you have to wait for them if there was a big football game Friday night and the results have to be printed ASAP. That was the case Friday night. Abby's uncle came and picked us up around 1:30am, and we hadn't slept at all because otherwise it would have been harder to wake up. :P We were bundled up super tight in hats, jackets, sweatshirts, gloves, scarves, pretty much the whole deal. xD As soon as we got down Abby's road, a tape was blasting in the car made especially for paper routing. It was a tape filled with Abby singing a selection of paper routing themed songs. It definately got everybody in the mood, hahaha. :P We went to the Turkey Hill first, and all of us pigged out just a little on some chocolate, which tasted so good and gave us needed late night energy. xD [Lol I ate like such a pig most of this weekend!] We got to the Times building and had to wait about an hour before papers could be delivered. Like I said, they were late due to the football games. We sat in the parking lot awhile and watched the fascinating late night people wander about. The newspaper building is across the street from a bar, so it's like 2am then and you can imagine the stumbling drunks we got to witness leaving. xD Then the other newspaper delivery people showed up, and I was so excited to put faces to the names my friends told me about. There was even another boy I knew from school there too. I think it wasn't until 2:30, almost 3 that the papers came. Once loaded into the little car we were off. Since I was deemed "intern" I got to stay in the car the whole time with the job of folding each newspaper, and putting a band around it. Abby and Nicole who sat on either side of me were in charge of jumping out of the car at each house and putting the newspaper in the designated spot, then picking up any pay checks. I think with all the extra help we finished rather fast, and there was a good chunk of papers. When we started all the papers were stacked in the passenger seat, almost hitting the roof of the car. :P We had such a system going when delivering them, it was thrilling, haha. Every so often her uncle would speed down an empty street with the car doors open, and the music blaring and everybody was just like screaming. It was really hilarious thinking back, and I can only imagine how many people we woke up and what they thought if they peered out their window. Abby was literally hanging over the door at one point. :P I'm not kidding, we probably broke a million and three rules. Driving in the opposite lane, making uberly sharp turns that Nicole came flying across my lap and I into Abby's, hahahaa. Wow. Wow. xD It was so rebellious &stuff! :P

Wall Mart??After delivering the last paper, we stopped at the Turkey Hill again, and then it was decided we'd go to Wal-Mart [it was almost 5am by then]. So we all got pretty excited again and were doing our best to not fall asleep during the ride there. :P Wal-mart was crowded of course, but the majority of people inside were like staff and custodians. We walked around a few times and rode through aisles on a shopping cart until a woman told us to stop. xD Then we were just feeling incredibly sluggish all of a sudden from the lack of sleep, and it was time to go back. It was so much fun though, I really like paper routing. xD It is really tiresome though, I must say. I'm hoping to go New Year's Eve, after we ring the new year in together. That would be exciting. =)

ChocolateSo once we got back we went to sleep around 6am, and only slept like 4 hours before we had to get up, eat pizza for breakfast, and spend an hour and a half in the bathroom getting ready for our friend Carol's birthday party which was that afternoon. xD We just had so much going on huh? :P We had time to spare before we had to leave for Carol's, so we took a walk down the road to Peck's, a favorite store of ours, bought and ate more chocolate. :P What's funny is that a friend, Roman, who I spoke to later at Carol's party, saw us walking back from Peck's, haha. :P I bet we look funny just walking along the road like that. xD

Dance like nobody is watching..We ended up still getting to Carol's a tad late, and we were still a tad tired, but I had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed Carol's party last year and even so this year. It's exciting how most of my friends have their driver's license now, so Abby, Nicole, and I went for two rides with Corey and then Darrin, which was incredibly fun because well, it's Corey and Darrin. :] We did a lot of dancing at Carol's party, which was actually fun because some of my friends there that I don't usually see as dancers, were dancing their butts off so it was all really fun. :] Plus we played DDR a lot, which I hadn't since like the summer so it was good to get that game out again. :] Haha oh yeah, and yknow what else is weird, at one point "We're All In This Together" started playing through Carol's speakers, and that was the last song from High School Musical 1, and Abby and Nicole just stared at me, because it was obvious whose face had just popped into my mind...! ;P

Uh oh..Zac again!?I half decided I might like that I get a digital camera for Christmas, as I sort of am supposed to tell what it is I'd like after all. :P My mother thinks it's a good idea, and then I can take pictures of the people and events I like throughout these last years of high school. I'm not positive yet, but I'd get good use of it. :] If not a camera, I wouldn't mind Zac Efron under my tree, haha. :P

Dani FanI guess that is where I will start to end this long blog entry. I can't believe Christmas is already on it's way, and a few days after that my birthday will be here and I'll be 17, which is incredibly hard to believe. :P I think I will add something else to this blog. As some may know, I really enjoyed watching Big Brother on TV this past summer, and well my favorite person, Daniele Donato, just started her livejournal blog again. I made an account there just to comment on her entries, and she added me to her friend list which was sort of exciting. I admire her a lot, along with the things she says. She wrote an entry today I believe it was, about perfection and what she thought it meant. At the end she asked the reader to comment what we thought it meant, and I thought of a little something and gave my input. However it was hard, because I'm not sure anybody ever asked me that before. I copied what I wrote and think I'd like to share it here. Also, if you'd like to visit Dani's blog yourself, you can do so by clicking here.


Radically Random...


I suppose it fits well to add here, as it is sort of random and unrelated to my blog. :P




"Perfect by definition is 'ideally flawless'. I think a person who acts as their true self is perfect, because if you think deeply about it, being yourself is being different from everyone else, and there is nothing a person can truly do to change who they are. It will eventually prevail. That is perfection to me. Your perfect self is unique and flawless in that it cannot be altered and there are no flaws that SHOULD be fixed. So I agree with Dani, perfection is being flawed, because being who we are comes with flaws that tweak the form of perfection from remaining "perfect."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Aww, your kitten sounds so adorable. Glad to hear he's doing well. :]

Anonymous said...

You sure wrote a lot :))
I can't have a dog and a cat in the same time, so I have to kitties. But both are so evil. lol

Unknown said...

I'm commenting my own entry, because I rather enjoy it. :]

Woo. ;)

Ashlee said...

"If not a camera, I wouldn't mind Zac Efron under my tree, haha."

I hear ya, girl!!! Ahahaha yess. Any girl who does not turn into a fumbling and stumbling, giggly school girl when she sees Zac Efron just isn't right in my book ;)

Oh, man. His hair is actually BLACK in Hairspray and his eyes pop out even more. *swoon*

OMG that's so funny! I had a crazy night at a Wal*Mart this Thanksgiving weekend too. My cousin and I made these vampire fangs out of broken toothpicks and went around filling up a basket with every red food or drink we could find -- it was our "blood".

Then we tired of that so we deserted the basket and walked around playing random musical cards at people.

There was this one from the 40-year-old virgin and it screamed out "AHHHH SWEATY PIE HOLE!!" That one got the best reactions :P

Aww the little kitty is messing with the big doggy. That's cute!

Starlet said...

Happy belated thanksgiving :)