Thursday, November 15, 2007



Pretty Kitty

Thursday night blog entries are extremely rare from me. xD The thing was, I just have no homework tonight and figured since I had an exciting weekend last and never posted an entry, I may as well take some time to do so tonight. :] By the way, having a free school night every so often is very enjoyable. :]

Well, I have hugeee news! I got a kitten. An adorable kitten. The kind of kitten I wanted all my life. A precious kitten. A playful kitten, a curious one, not a scared one. :D :D :D :D Last week was tough with so much school work and other things going on, but then we got report cards and I found out I won Student of the Month which incredibly cheered me up. =D I was so consumed with school at the time though that when my father mentioned he was bringing home a kitten from this farm where he goes hunting, I didn't give it much thought. I mean, I think I comprehended what he told me, and may have even got a little excited, but then was just so distracted. I was told beforehand that it was a boy and had orange hair. :) Last Saturday I resumed volunteering at the library again, which was a ton of fun. I was surprised at how smoothly I got back into running things, and within a few hours I was working the front desk and computer, scanning books in and out for patrons. I love doing that too. It's so exciting, I feel like I have a real job, and it sort of is, minus the pay. Which I don't have no need for now anyway. xD I spent all day Saturday at the library, up until closing. I got a beautiful 6 hours in too. ;) Plus I have a friend or two to always talk to there which makes my time more exciting. :] I think I may go in again this Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. ;]

Got off topic there though! The point is, I wasn't home when the kitten first arrived. I was jumping to see it though the moment I got in. And boyyyyy, did it immediately steal my heart! He was such a little fella', 8 weeks old according to prior sources. And his fur! My gosh. He has light orange hair all over, a white chest, and four white paws, along with big, blue, beautiful eyes. :] The picture perfect kitten of my dreams. :P I remember being 5 years old, 8 years old, 10 years old, 14 even. I always thought the orange haired kittens were the cutest and my perfect match because then we'd have the same hair, y'know? :P I was never able to have a kitten though because of the two large dogs that roamed my property. I wasn't expecting to have one anytime soon now either. I am soo happy and in love with the little kitten though. :] I have to take care of him and have started to develop a small routine. It's interesting having a litter box around and stuff. Very new and exciting in itself. The kitten is very well behaved as well. He's used the litter box everytime thus far, except today was his first accident. :P I believe the kitten is going to a vet soon because I think my parents want to make sure it's good and healthy, and we need to be 100% sure that it is a boy, because that would be sad if I keep referring to it as a boy, and it turns out it's a girl. :P I've spent most of my extra time just playing around with him. He has so much energy, he wears me out! :P Tomorrow night I invited my animal-loving friend Heather to come over, see my new kitten, and then we'll play with him so that should be fun. :] I'll probably also gain even more scratches all over my hand. :P The other night there was this new game we were playing with the kitten, and he reaaally was enjoying it. He can act so fierce, haha it's funny. :P He'll stand up literally on his hind legs, like he wants to say "rawr!" and then if you move your hand rapidly on the couch, he'll chase it around and jump on it while clawing and biting at it playfully. :] Hehe. It's so cool how Steve got a new kitty like two days before I did too. :P I bet his is uber cute too, gotta see some pics!=)

Oh! I also forgot a main part. You're probably wondering "well, what didja name him!!??" I named him Cyber, because I am always on the computer, I needed a "C" name to fit in with the fam, and it sounds geeky and original, sorta. xD =) However, if I suddenly find out all this time "he" is a "she", then her name will be Chloe, hands down. I love that name lately, not sure why. :P

I'm going to share a few pictures of this new kitty of mine since that's always fun to look at. :] Hopefully I'll write again this weekend! :]

Radically Random...


My New Kitten :)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Awww Caitlin, Cyber is too cute!!! That's too cool the way you both have orange/red hair. I'm more of a dog person than a cat person, but kittens are precious. Ah geez scratches on your hands, huh? I remember fondly the bitemarks my puppy left me.

Oh Chloe is a lovely name if "he" turns out to be a "she". That's the name of my cousin's dog.

Anywho, WOO for homework-free school evenings.

The library volunteer job sounds fun. I would definitely consider that a "real" job even if it doesn't involve pay. I really wanted to work at a bookstore but you have to be 18. So, that's shot for at least 5 months haha.

Anonymous said...

awww the kitten's adorable!!lucky you!