Sunday, November 04, 2007



Weirdness

Well hello. :] I haven't been on the computer much this weekend, -gasp- I am in a real blogging mood right now so figured I should write something since there hasn't been too much activity in these here parts. ;P

Christmas PuppyI realized yesterday, when looking intensely at a calendar, that Thanksgiving will be here in like two weeks. I have a three-day weekend coming up next, and I don't have a clue what I want for Christmas. :P I actually spent some time thinking "intensely" if there is anything I want for Christmas this year, and I came up blank. I'm a weird child, I don't ask for much, and when I do ask for things, I am incredibly shy about it. :P However, having my laptop and iPod were the two greatest things I wanted and I love both dearly, so what more could I want? Then I was thinking, "is there anything I neeed?" The answer kept being no. :P I don't "need" a new coat, I have three of them, I just don't like the way they "look." Sure, my iHome is broken, but I can "live" without it. xD I was thinking way too deeply into this kind of thing and I am unsure as to why. Then sometimes I think how grateful I am to have the things I do have, and then on top of those things that some people in the world would be dying to have, I am asked to make a list of pointless materialistic things I want, just to have around me for leisure, even though I could live perfectly happy without them? :P See my point? So..I'm not sure what to do. I guess you could say I'm not really "greedy", and the things deep down that I really want to happen to me or come true, cannot be bought with money. :)

Anywho, that paragraph was a bit too deep than intended. :P I went to the library yesterday and ran into the two people I wanted to see most. I'm looking to volunteer there again next weekend (and anytime after that), which is exciting because I have so much fun there and made some friends. :]

Tooth and NailWhile I was there, this is going to sound incredibly nerdy but that's who and what I am [lol], I checked out the book "Tooth and Nail." I couldn't help myself, I knew that library had about five copies. It's a "novel approach to the SAT", as the book cover itself states. We read some of it in an SAT prep class at school last year, but we didn't finish it. I liked the story, I liked how the character's name was Caitlin, and I liked that it had big vocabulary words in it so being the avid reader I am, why let a good book go unfinished? Plus, it will help in my pursuit of SAT practice throughout the year. :P Yep.

Legally BlondeLast night I watched "Legally Blonde: The Musical" on MTV. It was a little weird at times, super funny at moments, and really cute at others. I never saw the movie Legally Blonde, but the musical was good. It was filmed right from Broadway, so I was really getting to see a treat because it's rare broadway musicals make average television. It was really good. A lot of singing though. Musicals always make me laugh sometimes, because the characters will just be speaking to one another when BAM the next second their sentence flows into song and they burst a lung. xD hehe. I enjoyed it though. :] It made me miss having Drama Club this year at school though. I had a stronger appreciation for this musical, knowing what goes on behind the scenes and makings of a play. For example, the props and scene changes, the costume switches, the stage pieces being moved. I know how all of that works and what it entails, thanks to Drama. It was pretty cool actually, to realize how much I have learned about theatre from being involved in drama just that one year. :)

PupppyyyI have to admit, I am excited the clocks got turned back an hour today. :] It makes such a difference in my day. :P I had trouble sleeping this weekend though, which was a little unusual. :P Maybe it was this new comfy thing put on mine, who knows. Anyway, I think both Saturday and Sunday mornings I woke up at the time I'd awake for school, and then sort of wonder "omg do I have school today?", but then I'd think "psh no.." and back to sleep I went. But after that happened, I had really weird dreams, a number of them. Saturday morning I remember one in particular I had. I was given a dog, it was one of those long- haired daschunds, but the hair was that of an irish setter. The dog was really small and it's belly low to the ground, and all I kept thinking was "Steve's dog has a belly low to the ground and short legs tooooo." Then as the day went on, in my dream, the dog didn't really like me and it was incredibly sluggish. I wanted to go running through the fields with it (haha don't ask), and it would just stand there looking at me. Then that was all I think. I don't remember the other dreams anymore. :P

This morning I had a set of another weird dreams. -thinks hard- I can't even remember them now...aww. Actually wait! I remember the main one I had. It was raining really hard. I remember that. Oh! And I was on the schoolbus. But instead of the bus dropping everyone off at the high school, it took us to my elementary school right next to it. All the buses were doing that. (I think about how I miss my elementary school a lot sometimes, so that's probably why I dream of it. :P) Anyway, it dropped everyone off by the doors we only ever left through in the afternoon, not the morning. I remember climbing the staircase, wearing guess what, my 5th grade coat and backpack. I was the age I was now though. So I'm climbing up the curvy staircase we had, and everybody is there from my grade. Not just the kids that went to my elementary school, but the other Mayfield kids too. But of course the Mayfield kids were confused because they didn't go there. All I remember was seeing Steve and Corey standing on the top of the staircase waiting for me, to see where I was going to go. The lights were really dimmed in that stairway too. I go up to my friends, but I just stopped and started to watch the younger kids, like the 7th and 8th graders from my bus, go downstairs into the first and second grade classrooms. Then this thought hits me "Oh! It's go back day. When I was in 5th grade, those 7th&8th grade kids were in 1st and 2nd! Wow I am so much older than them..how did they catch up to the high school level soo fast? I go to 5th grade today then."

Haha, like, why would I have such a weird thought?! It makes me laugh reading it back. :P Anyways, I walk upstairs to Steve, Corey, and I think Abby and Nicole found me then too. I'm wet from the rain, because my bus was late coming there. That's why the stairway was so packed already. (Weird..because in elem. school my bus was sometimes reaaally late.) Then I wake up...

Really strange. It was so vivid though. When I woke up I was so unsure if I had even slept, or if I had lay awake thinking of elementary school.

Hmm..I don't know. Now that I wrote about it, things that happened during the day on Saturday and such probably led to some of these dreams. For example, my mom asked me something about Steve and him going to Mayfield (lol btw hi steve, I know you'll read this. xD), and then we talked about the coats I had for this winter, and thats when I remember my 5th/6th grade one. The dog dream came out of nowhere though. Unless it had to do with me looking to get a cat, but that's barely related? xD

I won't weird anyone else out with my weird blog entry for now. :P hehe. I liked this entry though. Sometimes I can't stand the stinky blog entries I turn up with, but other days I have some decent ones with cool stories to tell. :] Have a good one then!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I don't think it's a weird
entry (: just that it's a long one
covering several topics (:

perhaps you'll find out what you'd
like for christmas. it may not be
for yourself but could be for others.

Ashlee said...

Gah, I know! It doesn't seem possible that Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

As for Christmas wishlists and such, I tried to think up some things I would like as well, and I just don't know! But your thoughts about how other people don't have much led me to an idea: instead of asking for gifts, one could tell their family and friends to use that money as a donation towards a charity of one's choice. (I wanna do some research on this!)

Haha, weird dreams are always fun. I've been having a few oddballs lately but I never seem to remember them 5 minutes after I wake.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a long entry. I've been having weird dreams as well but I can't remember them after I wake up.
I have the same thoughts about Christmas... But what can I say? It's a tradition. I don't need any of the things I ask for but if someone is willing to give them to me why not?

Anonymous said...

You sound like such a wonderful person..but I understand where you are coming from.

Yes I like how in musicals all of a sudden they burst into song and dance. xD

My dreams are always really random and weird with random people or animals and I always have really weird goals.

oh and here is a gift: affie gift: http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7195/giftieeeak3.png