Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Big One...

Hi everyone its me (rs name Trans Power). I'd like to begin my post by discussing my latest Runescape goal, 85 mining. This morning at 6:01 a.m. I got to 85 mining. A very nice acheivement, for less then 25,000 people have 85+ mining. I am now officially a rune miner. I started mining at lvl 73 (see below) and I mined over 96,000 iron ores tog et the over 2mil xp needed for 85. How I did it you might ask.... well, as you know I am a pure f2p, i was never a member. I chose to powrmine iron from lvl 73 to 85. To be honest I hated it, so many people come to powermine, its a snarf or be snarfed world. You get skillers, high lvls, idiots, children, everyone. I first chose to mine in world 1 rimmington, thinking it would be all nice and serene. But i was mistaken. Huge crowds, lots of rulebreakers, and some idiot power miner from Runescape name Coolillboi. Ha i beat him to 85 ;). Then at lvl 81, I got so sick of Rimmi, seeing the same people daily, so I decided to go to Al Karid, thinking scorps would take care of skillers. I was wrong, and it was the same mess there. But i stuck with it and got to 85. I started out getting 30k xp a day, and by the last ay I had gotten 150k a day. I also want to mention that mining in rs is messed up. Levels do not mean a thing, I was beaten so many times by people lower them me with fast computers, and yes that got annoying. But i stuck with it and I am happy its over. I persoannly do not reccomend powermining. Your hand will hurt and it kills you slowly, but if you want to try Rimmington or Al Karid. I would reccomend mining coal from the guild, or mining coal and mithril and making bars, since iron kills you and you get some sweet profit. All in all, mining is a very difficult skill, much harder then fishing, cooking, or woodcutting. It requires constant attention, and constant clicking. Not very fun, but 85 is worth the profits....

Well, after 85 and my mini alone party and screenies, I went to mine runite. I wear green d hide legs and top, and do not weild my pick, for I think it makes you mine a bit faster. I hopped to world 127, and went north, to find one rock empty. I mined my first runite, getting it in one hit! Then i hopped around discovering many rocks empty, rune miners must mine a lot. Then i settled in world 149, forund two ores, and started to mine. I was then attacked by a rev ork, but what pker's lacked next to rev's in power, they made up in brains. I tricked the rev and got him stuck behind a tree, and mined my runite. My goal is to mine 1k ores, and make 12mil. I will in time. Word of advice though, rune mining is not as perilous as one might think.

Besides mining in runescape, most playuers have heard the new updates. Not the awesome new guild, but the prmose for more pvp! I am going to prepare for these, all 4 of them (clwars, skiller game, moblising armies, and pvp worlds) I just hope they are for f2p, but I honestly cannot see them not being for all recent replacements for wildy have been. I also think for pvp worlds there will be one safespot, a sorta "wildy centre" where there is a bank etc, and it will bring old fashioned traing back into the game, since there is no GE. These updates are prmised before 2009, making this a great RS year. From Nov 2007 till now has been the best time ever for a pure f2p, not couting the removal of the wilderness. We got more updates then ever! Every month it seemed, GE, clwars/bh, fog, player safety, rc guild, diary, hd, new skill screen, run button, and more. And with these 4 new updates promised and hopefully for f2p, this would cap off a great year!

Now to real life, my school starts in less then a week. I will be in 10th grade, and to be honest I don't really care. I always just kinda float my way through school, and I hope the same can be said for this year. I have a small worry, but I hope it will be nothing to really worry about. Well that was my post, and before i forget, enjoy these timeless images!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/transpower/85Mining.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/transpower/85Mining2.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/transpower/Transminingrunite.jpg

^.^

2 comments:

Chase said...

Btw, I got to remove that goal from my ignore list "where i write goals". I also have a new age runite wilderness mining guide that i can maybe put up.

Unknown said...

This was "The Big One..." indeed. :) Congrats on your lvl 85 mining!