Wednesday, June 06, 2007

90's Child

Hey guys. I just wanted to post this memorable blog entry now, rather than wait until later. I have been pretty occupied with finals this week, and last weekend I did a lot with my friends so didn't have time to post a blog entry. (Another reason I want to write a quickie up now.) I'm not going to school tomorrow, and already have it planned to write a long catch-up entry about some fun events with my friends and the such. =) Then, Friday is my last day (I think report cards won't be Monday..so I guess I don't have to go :P ) and that means school will be over. I do have plans this weekend with Nicole and friends as she's throwing her 16th birthday party. After all that I'll write another entry and want to get focused on helping the blog and helping Steve with his list. Time to get motivated here peeps. :] Summer is on it's way, it's so close I can taste it. x)

Anyways, I had a half day of school today and was just searching the web here when on a girl's website I found a similiar list as the one I am about the post. I did some research and found many other variations of it, and put together my own. Not sure who any original maker was, but people seem to post similiar things on forums and blogs and I wanted to share it here because I can relate to every word. :P Check it out, and I am sure you will enjoy it just as much. =)

Below is a pretty hip list that brought back many memories to myself, as I grew up in the 90s! ^_^ [This is my Radically Random for tomorrow's entry, just to note.]

You know you grew up in the 90s if....

-You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!"

-You watched the Pound Puppies.

-You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own. (I read every single book by them ever with my friend Lauren in elementrary school. I used to read 4 books a day! :P Also played the board game and wanted to be them, haha)

-If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"

-You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales" (Woo ooh!)

-It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

-You played the game "MASH " (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter,House) [I still have some of my old MASH games on paper, I loved that game and wanted to live in a Mansion with my crush. :P)

-You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets. (In second grade I brought my pink star slap bracelet to school and all the boys kept slapping it and the teacher took it away from me in library class, haha, I got it back though and still own it!)

-You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.

-You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.

-You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (I had a pink glittery pair, and wore them when I went to the movie theater for the first time to see the Lion King. I remember not paying attention as I pretened to be Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen while having such cool shoes on.)

-After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"

-You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"

-You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. (hah..yeah. That was the 'cool' place to be.)

-You have ever played with a Skip-It. (I never had my own but was jealous of my friend's skip-it for years, haha)

-You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds. (Who hasnt!?)

-You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.

-You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do... getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family).

-You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac. (My brother has an Alf t-shirt!)

-"Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack, all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back. SHE ASKED HER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER FOR FIFTY CENTS CENTS CENTS TO SEE THE ELEPHANTS ELEPHANTS ELEPHANTS JUMP OVER THE FENCE FENCE FENCE"It jumped so high high high it touched the sky sky sky and didnt come back back back til the forth of july ly ly." (Gah, my best friend Heather and I did handshakes to this song every single afternoon in the back seat of the school bus in elem.!!)

-You used to pretend you could transform into a MIGHTY MORPHIN Power Ranger. (And secretly though Kimberly and Tommy would make a good couple..big fan I was!)

-You know that "How Rude!" comes from Stephanie from "Full House" (Love that show!)

-You remember reading "Goosebumps"

-You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school. (I have a my little pony one..hehe)

-You danced to "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls. (while collecting their pics on gum wrappers, oh yeah baby :P)

-Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? was both a game and a TV game show. (Playing that game in computers at school was the most addicting ever!)

-You always wanted to send in a tape to America's Funniest Home Videos... but never taped anything funny.

-All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.(pencils.notebooks.binders.etc.) (I still have my Lisa Frank stuff...I loved it.)

-You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" (Man..this show scared me when I was little. Especially the episode when blood came up the drain..haha)

-You know the Macarena by heart.

-"Talk to the hand" ... enough said.

-You always said, "Then why don't you marry it!"

-You played with pogs!=)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u kno, i've got a startling revalation that i just mite b a 90s child, too. haha

like the site. and also luv the blogs.

-skitz