Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chilly Fears

Hm. So I am writing a quick blog entry now because I really just want too. :] I have other things I should be doing, but no, they can wait, as I am just in such a blog writing kind of mood. xD

I've just done much of the same since Wednesday. Although yesterday and today seem to be so chilly. Not cold by any means, but I think the weather has been funny. Let me tell you why. After a long cold winter, when spring and summer hits with temperatures rising in the 70s and 80s, you feel so warm inside, as though your very bones are thawing out from the icy breath of winter's past. Then your body gets adjusted to this toasty, fervid feel, and you make arrangements accordingly as to how to organize your attire to be comfy and cool [ie. shorts and tanks]. You may even have tidied your bed to hold a thin blanket instead of your winter wool quilt. See, that is similiar to the case for me. I am given a taste of the real warm weather, and snap, the next day the wind can be gusting making a chill run down my spine, and as I sit around in my summer clothes it feels so much colder than it actually is [the wind playing the largest factor I believe]. :P In reality, the temperatures have just cooled to the comfortable 60s to low 70s, which is really nice, I just think it's funny that the minute this happened after just getting used to warmer temps my brother and I closed up our windows, put on sweatshirts, and asked each other "whyyyyyy is it so freezing today!?!" :P You'd think we were discussing the latest snowstorm, haha. The good [or not so good for some] news is that as the new week approaches we'll receive our first real good heat wave with temps in the 90s baby, which means to me pool weather everyday and I can go swimming all week. ;D

Due to the so-called 'chilly' weather [haha] I have spent a whole lot of time reading the largest novel of the three I checked out of the library last week. It's called "The Truth About Forever" by Sara Dessen. I've been reading it since Tuesday or so now, and will probably finish it tomorrow. I love young adult novels like this one where it digs into personal feelings [this one being truth] and the way people's behavior affects those around them. The fact the main character in most of the books like these I check out is a teenage girl allows me to relate all the more. I am always seen with my nose in a book lately, seriously. I love reading a few pages, eating, and then say, I'll come back and read chapters worth at a time. I know some may ridicule me for being such a bookworm, but I enjoy spending some of my free time engrossed in novel after novel...so what can I say? :P I feel like I fall into the character's world, and when something sweet, sad, or happy happens to her I catch myself smiling, for example. :]

Anyways, last night I almost pulled an all-nighter. Can anyone out there beat a 9- hour straight instant message conversation? ;] I ended up crawling into bed around 4 in the morning, woke up my mother by accident -meep-, and was questioned and teased about it all day today. :P Not that it bothered me at all! ;) Hard to explain, but when business is present, it must be taken care of immediately! -nods- :]

So, I could use opinions! I was offered the option to have my website Starry Bliss hosted by the sweet Elle @ too-truthful.com. She asked me a few months back, if I'd like to be hosted when she bought her new domain, and I don't remember what I said. Then I got asked by someone else I didn't know back then too and ignored the offer since I wasn't interested at all. The thing is, my website is really nothing special, but I love working on it for some reason. I have no good visitor content like I wish I did, and my blog entries are here so that has nothing to do with it anymore. I am really considering saying yes and giving hosting a shot. I know many friends/affies who were thrilled to get hosted and it comes with some nice benefits that may actually help improve my petty site. :P For one, I'd get to learn some useful skills like ftp which I know nada on. Hmmmm. I don't know, I think I'll do it, I mean, what do I have to lose? :P Plus, it's not like it has to be permanent, and if I can learn more web related skills, and improve my website, maybe I can buy my own domain someday too if I really wanted, but I don't want one now xD.

I've been wanting to post one of the new surveys I collected for a Radically Random so here goes! Oh yes, wait, don't forget everybody please look into the author of the month poll vote. There can't be an AOTM without any votes, right? ;P

Radically Random...

If you get more than 30 you're paranoid.
If you get 10 or less you're fearless.
People who don't have anyare dummies who want peopleto think they are tough stuff.

I Fear...

[] the dark
[] being a parent
[x] giving birth
[] being myself in front of others
[] open spaces

[] closed spaces
[x] heights
[] black cats
[] dogs
[] birds

[] fish
[] spiders
[x] driving
[x] flying
[] flowers or other plants

[] being touched
[] fire
[] deep water
[] the ocean
[x] failure

[] success
[] thunder/lightning
[] frogs/toads
[] my boyfriends/girlfriends dad
[] my boyfriends/girlfriends mom

[] my ex boyfriends/girlfriends dad
[] my ex boyfriends/girlfriends mom
[] mice/rats
[] jumping from high places
[] snow

[] rain
[] wind
[] crossing hanging bridges
[x] death
[] Heaven

[] being robbed
[] cotton balls
[] cemeteries
[] clowns
[] large crowd

[] men
[] women
[] having great responsibility
[] doctors, including dentists
[xxxxx!] tornadoes

[] hurricanes
[x] diseases
[] snakes
[x] sharks
[] Friday the 13th
[] ghosts

[] poverty
[] Halloween
[] school
[] trains or railroads
[] odd numbers

[] even numbers
[] being alone
[x] being blind
[x] being deaf
[] growing up
[] monsters under my bed

[x] creepy noises in the night
[] bees
[x] not accomplishing my dreams/goals
[] needles
[] blood

[] veins
[] dinosaurs if they were alive
[] the welcome mat
[] ants
[x] being raped

I fear a total of 14 of the most common fears! :O rawr.

No comments: