Friday, June 08, 2007

End of School Parties

Yes, my blog is a little later than promised, but I simply ran out of the necessary time needed to compose a naturally lengthy entry yesterday, thus I am sitting here now, on my first afternoon of summer 'break', bringing you the events in my life the past week. And boy, was that a big sentence or what? :P

Well, last weekend was my good ol' beastly buddie's 16th birthday supreme. (We'll refer to her as Abby under these circumstances.) She had a terrific birthday party, packed with fun, and then I went home. The End.

Just joking, could I ever be that discrete? I think it's a habit that I must go into detail whenever possible, otherwise I feel...incomplete, let's say. :P I went over to her house Friday night with another beastly buddie I heart, Nicole. From there Abby had to decide where we were going to go. :P Last minute deciding kind of people, just like me. x) We ended up going to Burlington for a shirt Abby desired, and then the mall where we did nothing but walk around completely and eat good gummy ringed candies from a shop called what else, "Abbie's Candies". :P From there we stopped at Rita's and ate these very good slurpie-type drinks I totally forget the correct name of. Mine was blueberry and watermelon flavored and I really did enjoy it. :P Then because we are such children at heart, were taken to the playground at sundown. Yes, the playground with the slides, swings, and all. Nicole and I were so attached to the swingset Abby and her father had started the car by the time we got off. :P This whole excursion was a lot of fun. =) Abby had initially wanted to do something completely new, but when you live where we do, choices are limited. ;P

That night we packed our camping supplies and headed up to this rather old trailer camper called the "DeCamp", which resides in Abby's grandmother's backyard. The DeCamp is a beautifully restored place. -cough- :P Actually, just last year it was bug filled and such, but Abby and Nicole loved it so much they begged for it to be cleared out and they got their wish. We all spent our first night alone sleeping in the DeCamp, and we had so much fun. I miss the DeCamp now regularly. :P We spent our night taking tons of silly pictures, listening to UnderOath and Family Force 5, and doing whatever else imaginable. We didn't go to sleep until a little past 1, which was early in my opinion, due to the big party the next day (and Nicole having to leave for a concert). :P

The next day Abby's family was having a large party for her at her other grandmother's house. Pretty much her entire family was there. It was really nice, and we had some good food, cake, and fun. (I sound like some party advertisement :P) Unfortunately, Nicole left before the viewing of Abby's special DVD. I guess in her family it was tradition that when she turned sixteen they made a DVD all about her life filled with pictures of her growing up, accompanied by some perfectly fitted music. I don't think their was a dry eye in the living room after her family watched that DVD. It was so sweet, I even think I could have cried because it was really that nice. I was in it a couple times too. =) Aww, I wish I had such a nice DVD to keep for the rest of my life. :P It was really special, no doubt.

Afterwards, Abby, her cousins, and myself went swimming for a while. We were hot that day, and had been playing volleyball a little bit. Her one uncle kept calling me Sheryl or numerous other similiarly sounding 's' names all afternoon, so I was kind of scared of him, haha. :P Just a random sentence I had to throw in here I guess. I'm happy Abby had a good birthday party and glad I was able to come though. (:

Tonight Abby and I are going to Nicole's 'sweet 16th'. =) That will be fun too I am sure. ^_^ I am happy I have such great friends to spend time with. I promise I won't wait a week to post another entry about that party. ;P

This week at school I had all my major class finals. It still doesn't feel like school is over to me. Just last week, everybody came to class and we were doing what we had to do. This week was just mayhem, 96% of the school goes home, leaving it really empty, and after finals your class subject is done with, which leaves nothing to really do. I stayed after my finals because I figured I am at school already and have nothing to do at home, so since Abby and Nicole were staying, I would too. I didn't go in yesterday at all though, since I had no finals and needed to sleep in after someone kept me up until midnight the night before. (Just kidding, it was a fun rs-time. :P ) I am very very very pleased (and thankful!) over how my grades are looking, and how my tenth grade year went in general. I still really think 8th and 9th grade are tied as some of the best years, and nothing out of the ordinary happened to me this year that made it extremely unique, but still I'll miss it like I do every time. :P Now it kind of feels very refreshing to know I have a nice three month break ahead of me, to relax and recharge. Don't get me wrong, I need a break from school too, but I'll be looking forward to next year at the same time. :]

Hopefully this summer is exciting! Every year I plan things and most of the time half of them never occur, so I'm going to try to just go with the flow this summer, and do things spur of the moment and go for it. Especially with friends. x) One of my bestest friends lives a mile down the road and I always feel I never see her enough over the summer, sheesh, what's wrong with me y'know? ;P

I suppose this can about end my entry for the day. I'm getting rather warm sitting inside, and I bet I'd be sweating if I was outside. But what can ya do, summer = heat. :P Take care folkz. =) &&hello Summer 2007!

No comments: