Saturday, April 21, 2007

Friendship

Hey, is anybody lonely out there tonight? If you are, reading a blog is always good to pass the time. :P Friends might work too, oh those friends, you gotta love them huh? I'm not neccessarily lonely or friendless tonight though, I guess I wanted to try a spiffy attention grabber. Speaking of 'grabbers', I am not sure I like the grabber I chose for my world cultures paper. In fact, after this blog I might be so "lonely" that I'm going to work some on my outline for that particular upcoming paper. Hah, I don't know. I have trouble starting blog entries sometimes. I enjoy jumping all over the place and saying this and that about my days.

Well, I last wrote last weekend. I wish I had written more than once between then and now, but guess what? I didn't. xD Don't worry, I'll try again this week. I think Steve previously mentioned about us getting a snowstorm Monday and having no school. Today it was in the 70s and seeing any snow left was a rarity. Weird, eh? Makes me think just a little about the whole global warming topic with how we can get a foot of snow Monday and by Friday it be warm enough to go swimming. The sound of swimming might sound a bit absurd but according to my friend she saw some neighbors in their backyard pools taking a dip, so I suppose people were hot enough to go swimming this afternoon. :P

I keep flip-flopping my mind over whether or not I want to purchase a class ring for high school. At first I didn't want one, then I really did (had even started to fill out the sheet), but then I changed my mind. As of now I "don't want one" and only have until Monday maybe to make up my mind. Some of the rings are nice, but those are expensive and even though my parents are willing (in some way) to pay for it I wouldn't be that greedy. The rings that are reasonable I like as well, but I don't really want one. I'm not crazy about them, and I figure how often would I really wear it? I use my hands constantly and wear rings less and less. Actually, cheap thumb rings are my favorite and I used to wear one everyday, everywhere, but if I got a class ring I'd be scared of losing or ruining it if I wore it all the time and I don't see the point I guess. They're nice for some people, but I'm not sure it's for me. Plus, once I go off to college I probably would grow out of it. :P The only thing that keeps me from officially deciding yes or no is "will I regret not getting one when I had the chance?" I think not, because a cheap, fake plastic ring would make me so much happier actually. =)

After school Wednesday I went shopping with my mom. Boy, that was a good day. I'd tell you all what extremely nice special item we purchased but I want to keep it a secret until the time is right. ;) Thinking about it now, all secretive, makes me smile. =) Yesterday was another warm day, and my father put the swing up in the yard. I sat outside for awhile eating popcorn and listening to music after I went out to the library to get three large novels. When I got home from school my dad mentioned he was going out and I knew the library was that way and y'know, I bet my mouth could've drooled I was craving a juicy novel that bad. It'd been about two weeks maybe since I finished "Prep", an outstanding story I almost started to read twice I was that attached to it, and so I really wanted some more books to read. I love that I am addicted to reading sometimes. It's such a healthy habit, wouldn't you think? Well, I am happy I have books now because nice weather + porch swing + teenage novel = a happy reader. I started the book "Catalyst" this morning. It's about a senior girl in high school, whose a straight-A math&science geek, ranked third in her class, and right now she is scared she won't get accepted into the one and only college she applied to. That brief introduction probably made the story out as boring but it's much better than that, trust me. (;

I've been saving mentioning today until last because I want to tell about my day with some of my best girlyfriendz. ;]<33 Despite having a sniffly cold, I had a good start to my weekend. About a month or maybe more ago, my friend Lauren and I promised each other that since it didn't look like we were going to get to go to the school's semi-formal dance, then the Saturday that it fell on (today), we needed to make it a point to make good plans to have something else to do. Just this week, with semi-saturday nearing, I asked Abby if she wanted to join us, and Nicole ended up joining us too. Abby, Nicole and Lauren are probably my closest friends and they're all you really see me with at school. (:<3 Unfortunately, whether we wanted to have gone or not, not a one of us was asked to semi or made plans to go with friends so why not hang out together? ;P Abby wanted us to all come to her house so around noon Lauren and I showed up. (Nicole came later after her dance class.) Lauren, Abby and I took a long walk over to the lake because the weather was so gorgeous we planned to spend most of our time outside. The water in the lake was cold, and the docks weren't up yet. There was a whole bunch of bugs around us so that was funny too..lol. :P We took the path through the field back to Abby's. Sure it was a bit muddy, but the sun felt really nice and we laughed &talked a lot. Through the field we ended up at the "Decamp" aka Abby and Nicole's adopted trailer home. It's uber small and still is a bit dirty inside but Abby and Nicole have been cleaning that thing out and adding their own finds to it and adore the place. I saw it once before but this was Lauren's first. :P This summer we're going to sleep in it, which will be hilarious because it's so stuffy I don't know how we'd fit. Hahahaha ohmygosh I laugh just thinking of that fun time. =P

After the DeCamp (which is a girl, by the way. -cough-) we went inside Abby's house to play "Imaginiff" (a board game) and that was HiLaRiOuS! Oh mannn we laughed so hard sometimes that my stomache hurt baaaad. xD It's a game where you write like seven people's names on the board and take turns reading cards with the person who landed on name's in it. For example, a question could be like "Imagine Iff ___Name___ was a car, which would he/she be?" Then 6 choices are given and each player has 6 cards, one with each number on it. You answer by picking the card with the number of your answer on it, and then you all flip over at once to see if you either got the same as someone or the same as "Name" would pick for themselves, if they are there. :P Using inanimate objects over people and just some of those questions were so so so so funny. One funny time, Lauren had my name and was like "Imagine if Cat was upset by some event, which would most concern her?" (or something like that) and the choices were funny and Lauren mispronounced one and we thought she said something else and it felt good to laugh so hard that you can't breathe. Those are the good laughs. =)) Abby and I tied at that board game, so we played DDR next. DDR rocks out loud and Lauren played with us. She's pretty good!! I stink, but Abby rocks. xD We played many rounds until Nicole showed up and joined us before we all went to get a bag of coins (surprisingly enough Abby and Nicole had regained a whole lot of fund coins despite their loss in the school hallway that one day). The four of us were going to walk the road over to Pecks Discount Store, (which hey if Joey ever reads this it's like real close to his house I think) :P I had never went inside Pecks before, but Abby and Nicole walk there a lot and buy candy. They like love that place, hahaa. It's real small but most stuff is just a few coins (candy stuff that is, bigger items obviously aren't). :P We got a bag of peach rings, sour patch kids, and ice creams. Then we headed back walking real slow haha I think our legs were getting tired, we did a lot of walking that day. Back to Abby's we ended up where we grabbed drinks and retreated to going out to her backyard to play catch. That was fun ^^ Too bad Abby's trampoline wasn't up yet though..that would have been fun too, hehe. After so long it was time to go home but I'm really happy I got to spend the day with my friends. =) I love those girliez! :P I think I got sunburn..haha. Well, it was fun and such a better alternative to staying home all by myself wandering around in my huge backyard aimlessly. :P

I hope those of my peers that went to the semi tonight are having fun. ^^ I will admit I am a bit jealous how beautiful the weather ended up being this year as opposed to last year when I went and it rained. :P Oh well. If you were to ask me how come I didn't go to the semi again this year, esp. if I went last year, I probably wouldn't be able to answer that. -.- It was a lot of fun last year, and I guess the reason I am talking about it now is that I know what I am missing out on. :P School dances are a little rare at my school, as opposed to others which might have a lot more, and I think they are fun and really special and I guess I am a little sad that I am missing it xP -sighs- I am sure there will be others though and hopefully I'll get to go.... :] Despite it all, I had a real good time with my friends today, and we agreed to at least go to our junior prom together next year. Whether we are lucky enough to have a date or not, we will all be there together, and I guess that's what matters most right? Friends. :)

I mentioned all I intended to this blog. I know I don't stick to one topic, but I can't help it. I like writing what happened recently because then I can look back and read through a little. ^.^

Radically Random...

FRIENDS ;
a seven letter word that i can`t live seven seconds without (:
you know you have the best of friends, when everytime your with them ;you cant stop laughing. & when people ask you what your laughing at, youjust shrug & say
"oh you wouldnt understand ".
=] cyaa.

2 comments:

The Real Kids Of Keller Texas said...

Hey Cait!

It's Tori!
I hate to bother you on your blog and everything, but your e-mail link wasn't working for me, and it's rare that we're online at the same time anymore. Anyways, I'm coding a guild layout (frustrating eh?) and I need a code for a simple scroll box and was unable to find one on SB or anywhere else on the internet. The whole world's decided to use CSS (which I can see why, it's easier), but anyways. Can you help me out? My new e-mail is sarcastictorange@hotmail.com

I miss talking to you. I still can't believe we've been talking for almost 5 years now. It's insane. o_O

Anonymous said...

hey, my place is like that too where it will be snowing excessively one day and then a couple days later, it will have melted...

I am glad you had fun with your friends xD

I usually don't go to school dances either...