Sunday, April 29, 2007

Wake up Blog!

Hey hey hey. Caitalindae to the rescue. I kept checking the blog in my free time over this very busy weekend and was sad to see no new posts so even though I don't have much time I want to save the blog from being in a major rut of having no new entries in a week. ;) In a sense, I am here to awake the blog&bloggers for that matter, tehe. Well, I didn't spend too much time on the computer this weekend because I had a lot going on. I had some school assignments to keep up with, and then my brother's birthday was today. =] I wish he'd post..I bet half of you don't even know who Chase is because he shows his face so rarely on this here blog. :P Oh well, you can't say I haven't tried to get him more active! x)

I have some really good news! About a month ago I had filled out my sheet to be considered for my school's National Honor Society (for those unaware of what this is, it's a nice extracurricular club type of thing..that runs fundraisers or other events of some sort I think..and it looks good for college) :P Ever since 7th grade and attending the induction ceremony every year I hoped to join the NHS. Many teachers had to evaluate our papers and character, leadership, service, and scholarship skills, awarding us points for each. If we totalled 160 or more we automatically got in. Well, just this Friday they gave the envelopes out to everyone either saying "Congratulations!" or "We're sorry to say.." I guess by me starting this paragraph with "I have some really good news!" eludes to the fact that yes, I was one of the lucky few to be accepted!! =D I was rather excited and look forward to getting more invovled in whatever things I might do as a member of the NHS. Both my parents were really proud of me, you could tell, which made me feel even better. ^^ On May 15th there will be an in-school induction ceremony (the one I've watched every year since 7th grade) and an after-school banquet. I am using this as an excuse to dress up a little and buy a new outfit. I already got this pleated black skirt that I adore. =) Anyways, that was a great end to my school week.

Tuesday night I went over to my friend Heather's house for her family birthday dinner party. It's become tradition and I am invited every year. Her family is very sweet, and the homemade lasagna was delicious and I nearly engulfed the cake because it was sooo good. Haha =P Heather got this super cute halter top camo bikini that I am very jealous of! Hehe she tried it on and I was like "man...I want that bikini!" Lol, my mother said that if I have my sweet 16 pool party this summer I can buy a halter top bikini since "I'll just need tooo!!" Hehe those are cuuuuteeee. Plus more teenager-ish looking. ;] (hott!) She also got some cute bracelets, an antique necklace from her grandmother, a jean purse, &a huge stuffed bear. I gave her two pairs of earrings and bracelets because she is addicted to wearing them. =) She seemed to like everything very well.

I felt buried in school assignments this weekend. I had some World Cultures outline, some Spanish project, and some massive English assignment &test for Monday. Most of my classmates I know for a fact will not touch the English assignment left by the sub and I too even doubt it was homework or anything, actually I probably know it wasn't. I worked on it though as it helped me review some of the short stories we've read. However, I don't know how to study for this test because how do I know what the correct themes and epiphanies are? :P -shrugs-

I've just completely rambled on about some useless information and it made a nice sized blog entry for ya'll. I wasn't going to write at all this weekend because I had other things to do, but seeing the blog so empty made me sad! I hope this entry counts for something though, just a little update how 'bout? Hey and visit the forum everyone please! Steve spent all that time spam-cleaning it and then we replied and started a few new topics last week. I feel bad when it remains kind of quiet on that page...I think it's fun..why shouldn't you? ;]

Radically Random...

This is very random. This weekend I was looking for hairstyles on the computer :P Lol I am developing the courage to consider getting a haircut of some sort (aside from my typical trim). I feel now I'm at the age where I need to try different styles and see what looks cute and not, a girl's gotta feel young&fresh. (hah..but i'm such an ugly duckling at heart -quacks- :P ) I've been talking to my mom about maybe getting bangs again, but kind of to the side a little, since I feel my forehead is really wide (my friend's even told me it was). And I desperately need a new hair product to calm my natural curls. I figure it can't hurt to try to cut bangs on me and keep them straightened so they won't be curly puffs like they were in first grade y'know? Below is the link to the one hairstyle I liked a whole lot. Is it possible? I'm not sure, but if it is I really like it. xD

Have a good week! <3

1 comment:

Buddy Foote said...

Looks like a good hair style. I want a TMBG hair style like the John without the glasses. I find I may be adopting that style very slowly, as I seem to naturally have the color and flow.

Remember, to join the forum, the new user must enter the invitation code, which is f93a6ae9!

I didn't do my English. :P

See you.