Friday, May 11, 2007

Field Trip

Hey there. As promised, I am going to take some time to write a blog entry about the field trip Thursday, and then of course you'll get your douse of Cat ramblings. =) I was just outside reading a little on the swing, "Bras&Broomsticks" is the title. I'm not sure I like it yet, apparently the group of 'girly' novels I got last week are not coming up to par with my liking. Summer Boys was good, but the rest I don't find that interesting. -shrugs- :P

Anyways, Thursday I went on my first field trip with the National Honor Society. We left at 8:00, and didn't return until 2 that afternoon so I missed pretty much the whole school day. There was about a busload of us to go to the YMCA. I thought it amusing to be taking my personal school bus I ride everyday, along with my bus driver, George, whom it was nice to see. x) Once we got to the YMCA, I noticed it was just as small as I remembered it to be. I've only ever gone to that specific Y a time or two, which was for pool parties in the second grade. However, we were split up into groups after eating some breakfast. The boys all went outside to rake mulch and lift boxes of some sort. Half the girls went upstairs to the preschool, a few did paper work, and some got to swim in the pool while cleaning it down. Lauren, Mica, and I were sent to another seperate building where a different preschool class was being held. The moment we walked in the door the women asked if we were shy girls, haha, which of course is pretty much really true. I guess we naturally come off as quiet. I am pretty sure I was the only one who spoke to the women the whole time, and was the only one who spoke up to answer their casual questions like what school are we from. :P I am trying to work on that, not that I'll ever be the sociable loud type, but if Lauren and Mica were just going to stand and smile, I couldn't be rude and not answer them. Haha..we're so..funny. :P We spent the morning scrubbing toddler toys and chairs with sponges and buckets out back. I think we did a good job, despite the fact our fingers were extremely pruney afterwards. :P When we were out back, I had closed the door but that time it locked on us so we were locked out. Everything worked out though. I had to sneak around front, hoping I wouldn't get lost on my way, haha. The children there were cute. This one little girl had really curly blonde hair and the rosiest cheeks I ever saw, plus glasses. She had the most frightened look on her face and she had to come out and see that Mica, Lauren, and I didn't steal her precious toys. :P I felt like I was going down some sort of memory lane cleaning all those toys. Honestly, more than half the toys that we cleaned I owned. Everytime I washed this truck, or this round person, I exclaimed "I had this! and this! and aww this guy too!" :P Haha. I remember my toys quite vividly, probably because I played with everything ALL the time. Town was my favorite game to play with my brother.

After washing so many toys, we were told to take a break although I didn't know where to go for one. :P I went to see what my other friends' jobs were, and then wanted to go and see the pool again. Boy, it's so small! It was filled too with mothers and children, hehe. After a near-fall-pool experience, I left, went back to dry the wet toys, and by then it was time to board back upon the bus. I was pretty hungry and glad we were heading to my favorite park to eat lunch and hang out! When we got to the park, there were a number of different schools there with kids all over the grass and pavilillion wearing the same yellow shirts as us. :P It was dizzying, haha. They served everybody hot dogs/hamburgers, chips, soda, and cookies. Ewh, none of it was that good. The chips and soda were kinda warm, and I didn't like my hot dog much..lol. But since I was hungry ate it anyway. x) Then we got to go walking off by ourselves. One of the things I noticed throughout this whole field trip, was that it was completely different than field trips I've been on in the past with my whole class &stuff. Back then we had to walk in lines, stay together, etc. This trip we were EXPECTED to be responsible and know what we had to do without any instruction. I guess I wasn't use to that and that caused me to pick up on it. I mean, never ever would we have been allowed to walk around a huge park by ourselves where we could get in trouble, lost, or not come back on time. Obviously, we came back on time and all was fine, but still, now I understand why they really consider every element when choosing members for that society. There's no room for kids who want to fool around.

Anyways, I formed a big group with my friends and got to lead the way around the park because I have been there so many times and most of them haven't been! (shocked, yes. :P ) We went to the zoo located there. It's a small little thing, and I had never paid to look inside it but it was open to all that day so we wandered inside. Ew my gosh as soon as I walked inside I was hit with this nauseating smell. xP We saw turtles, a tiger, dozens of monkeys, a sloth, alligators, foxes, and many birds. It was cool, just smelly and stuffy inside there. Cassandra and I took interest in this one particular toothless, orange haired monkey that did nothing but sit there and chew toothlessly. xD Haha. John danced with the bird who danced right on back. The bird's name was Burt by the way. :P

After that I wanted to show everyone the water fall, actually, I wanted to take a peek at the new bridge and treehouse being built my mom told me about. We went down that way but the workers said we couldn't use the bridge yet. We played on the playground instead, completely ignoring the "5-12 years of age only" sign. Hey, there is not a single person that wouldn't agree Cat can't pass as a 12 year old. I look like one every day of my life, so all's good. :P The whole lot of us went down the tube slide. It was so fun! We all ran around the castle set-up, and walked the monkey bars because can you believe it, we're too tall. Haha. Then we got our picture taken with our heads peeping through the castle windows. :P It was so cute, I haven't felt so relaxed in a long time. The weather that day was gorgeous, and walking around just taking in the fresh air, laughing, and talking with my classmates was the best! It was so great to have a change from the daily school routine, day in and day out. Just to spend a day elsewhere was very refreshing ! xD The neatest thing was, I completely forgot about any school-related work until we were going back that it hit me I had a Spanish test the next day. I was even shocked at how at ease my mind was and that I could forget about something so completely. :P After the playground we even walked to the front of the museum, far from where we should be. Lot's of fun, just a good day overall. =)

To make things even better, when I returned to gym class that last period the moment I walked inside, my super friend Bee ran over to me and gave me this huge hug because she missed me all day she said. That was so sweet! See, the day before we had this big serious talk about something and I think it made us so much closer, like I lovee herrr. xD<3 Then we went with Nicole who missed me too! Haha, aw I love when they miss me, I feel so liked, lol =) We got drinks and walked the day away. I guess you can say I was in a good mood yesterday, and am again today. =) :P

Whaaat a blog entry. Not my longest though, but my fingers are getting a little sore. We barely did anything in school today because half the school left early for something or other...mostly prom I guess. I learned today that the Junior and Seniors have their prom together, which surprised me. I didn't know that, haha. I wish it wasn't like that though..I mean, wouldn't you think the senior prom, which is supposed to be your last school dance and this and that, be seperate with your class. I don't know, it sounds so unusual to me. -shrugs- :P

I can't write anymoree! Fingers need a break. :P Have a good one!! =)

Radically Random...

I don't have anything now. Actually, I have a second rap, lol, but because this entry is long and my fingers hurt just a bit, I am going to save it. Please tell me this was your favorite radically random everr! :P I have to get more random&creative with these. ;]

No comments: