Sunday, May 20, 2007

Typical Long Random Post

Well, quite a few things have occured since I last wrote, so I'll fill you all in. I planned on starting this entry a little earlier, as in 1pm, but it turns out it's now 6:11pm. :P I can never keep my personal promises to do this then and that then. 8) Last time I mentioned my field trip, well that was over a week ago. Last Saturday I got my hair cut! It was sort of last minute decided. I shared a haircut I liked an entry or so ago, but really didn't think I'd be getting my hair cut shortly thereafter. I got some length taken off to where it looks considerably shorter. I also got bangs cut. I haven't had bangs since first grade, and back then they were frizzy little curls with bowties taped on them. :P Getting used to having bangs was a little interesting at first. Depending on what I do it depends on how it looks. If I leave them natural, they either frizz out bad or stick up. I straightened them last week and that looked alright. Lately I've just been clipping them to the side of my forehead or all the way to side using a variety of new clips I got. :P I was pleased at the review my friends gave me. Right now they are curly and wet since I just got out of the shower.

The following day was Mother's Day. I'd rather not remember the events of that day because it was just horrible! Worst Mother's Day ever, that's for sure. :P However, the end of the day improved because....I got warped tour tickets! I am officially going to attend Warped Tour, mosh pits, profanity, and all! xD I will be going with two of my bestest friends, Abby and Nicole on July 26th. (= We are all pretty excited and were talking about how we all have to get a 'cool' outfit to wear to fit in with such a scene. :P Ha, I never went to a concert before, and this is more of an outdoor concert loaded with a bunch of minor punk-rock-ska-emo- alternative-screamo-kinda bands. :P There IS going to be a whole lot of awesome bands there though, and as the date gets nearer you can count on a complete list of the bands I will see that day. Family Force 5 being one of them!!!! =) Let's get PuMpEd! x)

Tuesday was the National Honor Society induction ceremony at school! I got to get a little dressed up and be a part of an assembly in front of the school where when my name was called I walked up on stage, recieved a flower, candle, and shook some hands, then proceeded to sit on some risers in the back to recite a pledge, etc. It was really nice. I was thinking how lucky I am to be in this and that I shouldn't take it for granted because I can only imagine how sad I would have been if I was one of the people who didn't get in. =/ However, I got out of about all my classes that day. After the assembly there were fruit snacks out in my school's light court. I missed my bus (on purpose) and got a ride home with my mother who came to see the assembly that afternoon. Fun, fun. ^^ Later that night we all went to a banquet where we ate a good dinner, recieved certificates and membership cards, and listened to a speaker some more. They also had listed the activites the NHS did in the previous year, and it sounded so exciting. I can only wait to see what neat things will come about to participate in now that I am an official member. (:

This year alone I have been to more banquets and events then I think I've been to in all my years combined! Hehe. It's pretty cool. This Wednesday I have another banquet/ceremony for Drama where I am being inducted into the International Thespian Society, which totally blows my mind. I just joined Drama this year and Abby and I are shocked they picked us for that!? I mean, we heard/thought that was for dedicated drama kids who have been acting in the plays for years and accumulated enough points. Apparently Abby and I got all the points we needed already because we did Costumes AND Stage Crew for one play at once? The kids who are already in that are the big drama people who have lead roles and stuff.Some of my friends who have been on tech crews for drama longer than Abby and I haven't even gotten into it yet! Abby and I have never even acted in a play...haha it's soo weird. Now this is another great thing I can add to my list of accomplishments because it counts as an activity since there wll be meetings as a Thespian where I get to help decide what the next play will be and such? It's so new to me, haha. x) The banquets just keep rolling in. Let's rewind...there was the VFW Essay Contest one, Reflections, NHS, and now this. My head will be spinnin'. xP

Time to change the subject now. -thinks- Friday! I spent after-school over my friend Heather's house. =) I think that was one of the best times we've had, hands down! I had a blast. The only thing that ruined it was Chase being stubborn in taking some of my stuff home off the bus so I could get off at Heather's stop, but that anger went away as soon as we got to her room. :P We did a lot of stuff! If I remember correctly, we went outside first up to the barn. Heather lives on a farm (I've probably said this everytime I wrote about my time at her house). Everyday she runs up there to give the animals fresh water etc. On Friday we had the camera and wanted to take snapshots of us next to our favorite horse, either Ginger or Belle. I couldn't decide, but ended up going with Ginger as Heather chose Belle. First of all, just being up on a farm every so often is fun itself because I feel like such a country girl climbing over the fences, jumping over the barbed wire, and trekking through cow manure with chickens attacking my ankles. I got up to Ginger and Heather took my picture. Then I did the same for her. After this we had to carry heavy buckets to give everyone fresh water. Heather must have some muscles because those buckets were heavy! Sheesh. :P The chickens are loose all over the place and are really funny. They follow you everywhere!! I mean, if you start running or pretend to throw food the entire flock comes out of nowhere and you have to run for your life. Haha I love it. Heather and I went inside the barn in hopes of collecting some fresh eggs, and just by the chickens seeing you carrying their warm laid eggs a dozen of them follow you at all times and you can barely walk because they just surround your ankles. Usually when there is a bad egg, Heather and I will crack it against a rock and you'd think the greatest thing in the world was thrown. The chickens dive at it and slurp it up so fast! There is just so many of them up there, and I almost always step in their poop which is gross but what can you do. :P After that I fed Buddy the dog some biscuits. He's so cute, he's been up there as long as I can remember. He used to be rough and I'd be scared he was going to bite or jump on me, but he's mellowed out over the years. Either that or he's just used to me coming up there now. After being on the farm for a little, Heather and I decided to go for a walk down the road to her grandmother's house. We picked pretty purple flowers on the way and waved to the grandfather mowing the lawn. We weren't there very long because we suddenly came across an awesome idea. Just a few years ago Heather moved into a newer built house directly next door to her old one. We constantly go over to the backyard of her now abandonded old, small, white house, sometimes even to just sit on the roof waving at the cars that honk at us as they zoom by. Well Heather sometimes gets this urge for adventure, and I admit I do too. The plan was this, we were going to try to break into her old house. :P It had to be done precisely without breaking anything and leaving obvious marks that we had snuck inside. The doors were locked yet with only some minor struggling we were able to easily pop the window off and then pull it up in order to crawl inside. It was so thrilling, haha. Heather's uncle had been working on remodeling it a little so tools and wood littered the floor everywhere. I even got a nail stuck in the bottom of the sneaker. Despite the strong wood smell, being inside Heather's empty old house brought back so many memories. For one, it's so so so tiny compared to her new home. (No wonder they needed to move :P) I've been close best friends with Heather since second grade, and had been coming over to that little house forever. I remembered it all just as much as she did. The petite kitchen, hallway toilet, small closet, tiny bedrooms. We went into each and every room, admiring it all and reminiscing about what used to be there. Heather had brought a permanent marker so when we went up the super small steps to the upstairs into her room, she wanted to sign our names in an obscure spot on the wall. We wrote our names a few times around the house and sometimes added the year 1998 to seem to anyone else that such had been signed years ago rather than recently. There was an old piano in one room and we tried to play it for awhile. Then we decided we better get out before we breathed in anymore of that smell. It was so much fun though. Once outside we decided that it's going to be our new secret place to visit sometimes when I come over so we can play the piano and hang out and the whatnot. Shhh.. =)

I was freezing outside now (I have such poor body temperature sometimes) so I wanted to go back to her house but we had to sign a couple more things outside. Like the special tree, the special rock, and a tin can hidden in a tree. Then we checked on this old shed and it was filled with newborn kittens!! Totally adorable, this little black one sat outside but was very spooked when we tried to come near. I can't wait to see them again...awww. =)

After dinner, Heather and I had a total fashion show, haha. She had one of those film cameras so she wanted to use the rest of the film in order to get it developed. We had five more pictures to take of each other so we decided to do themes. We both got dressed up in five different outfits being named the following: Dressy, Summer Casual, Skater Punk, Sleepwear, & a mixed match one..or it was black&white. I forget the last one. Then we posed different ways together outside&in her living room as her mom snapped away. It was fun, so girly, haha. I can't wait to see how they came out. My Best Friends picture frame can use a new pic. ;-D

That was about it. =) Great time indeed. Yesterday I didn't do anything because I was sort of sick with cold and decided to be lazy as I had the house to myself. :P My friend Lauren got her drivers liscense yesterday! She passed and I am very happy for her! =) Now she seems eager to pick me up and go somewhere/do something. xD We might do something this weekend. This event is yet another reminding me that I can get my permit and just haven't yet. The other day I brought it up to my mom again and she said with the straightest face ever "Why don't you wait until you're in your twenties? You know you don't have to get it now..." My face literally dropped. 20s!?! I admit I don't want to drive yet really, but the fact it's for the best to learn now because it's something I pretty much HAVE to do. I explained to her I think I should definately go for my permit this summer and practice more. Then eventually get my liscense and practice more. I figure that way by the time I graduate high school I should have my liscense and be somewhat comfortable with the idea of driving before I go off to college because otherwise I will not survive, haha literally. :P I am going to be uncomfortable and scared with college in general, and do not want to have the pressure of being a super new driver added on top of that. I think she'll get used to the idea, she's probably just scared like I am. I think we'll be making a doctor's appointment soon for me to get my physical soon so I can take my permit test after that. I was reading some of a driver book today and found myself feeling excited about the idea of driving around on real roads. I think of it as playing a video game, where I am in control and have to steer and take myself across to explore new lands, and I don't want to "lose a life" and must be careful of any "obstacles" blocking my path. Sweet metaphor huh? [; Finger pain now. Must enddd! x) Tootles ^.~

Radically Random...

My lovely affiliate Audrey @ Static Star tagged me today! Here it is:

Each player has to post 10 random songs that they have in their iPod, mp3 player, or whatever they use to listen to music. Take your "music source" and set it to shuffle. List the first 10 songs, without skipping any (don't be embarassed). At the end, you must choose 5 people to be tagged and list their names.

1.) The Worst Part- Motion City Soundtrack
2.) Cliff Diving- Plus 44
3.) Where Is Your Heart- Kelly Clarkson
4.) Making a Memory- Plain White T's
5.) Instead- Stacie Orrico
6.) Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)- Offspring
7.) Little Sister- Queen Of The Stone Age
8.) When It's Over- Sugar Ray
9.) Follow Me- Usher
10.) Viva La Fiesta- S Club 7

I tag: Kimi, Kristi, Sheena, Izzy, and Steve(because I needed a 5th person bad and half my affies are like hiatus-ing..hope you don't mind, haha.)

1 comment:

Gemini Moon said...

Well I didnt tag anybody (I dont have a active blog or anything) but I figured I'd post my random song, which came up as "Society" by Pennywise. From what I read we only post the first dong that comes up randomly, not all 10....right?