Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Series of Fortunate Events

Hello. It is I, Buddy Foote. I am here to proclaim a series of events that have occurred to me since my little hiatus from the blog (which will follow no chronological order) and some other points that I may wish to make in this entry. First off, I would like to say 'sorry' as I have not been active much at this site. It was mainly due to the fact that I had no motivation whatsoever to write, and whenever I built up the mental ability that I say to myself, "You know what? I think I feel like writing a blog entry today." something comes up that prevents me from doing so, whether it be an internal conflict such as a headache or an external conflict such as going somewhere. And of course, such as I say in every blog entry that I produce every other two weeks, I was lazy. Sad, it's almost the middle of the month of May and I only produced two blog entries, with this being the second of the two. Thank God Caitlin has a lot of writing strength to keep the blog alive, or otherwise I wouldn't be able to climb out of the ditch that I dug this blog into.

One can say that my life has become interesting lately. I have gone on wild expeditions into the forest behind my hometown of Jermyn to build a natural fort with Craig, went on journeys with my friends with our guide and driver being Darrin (who flies airplanes and is in the same grade as me), stayed at Darrin's house overnight just this previous night, took my laptop to school twice (which was an adventure inside a nutshell), and of course, watched the best LOST episode this last Wednesday. I don't know if I ever mentioned this on here (surprisingly enough as I believe I was watching the series longer than this blog has been around), I am a huge LOST fan, as well as my friend Josh, you're own Aeron from the forum here called #Foote_Chat (which even contains a LOST topic), and my other friend Chris. There's just too much to talk about when it comes to LOST, and if anything about the show was to be presented to you on this blog, then it would come in the format as an instant messenger conversation, with, of course, legal authorization by the receiver to post such up. Speaking of legal terms, I may start going around the blog starting from Day One and delete anything (I'm going to target only videos at the moment) that could bring up a lawsuit, like videos I had of people that weren't authorized. Pretty much that Spencer video. If anybody has any problems with certain pictures being on here or if there's a picture of them, please just leave a comment or you probably know me so just kindly ask me in person to remove such.

Also, if you're a LOST fan, I want to hear from you and what you have to say about the show. Either comment here or join up at #Foote_Chat to discuss the show.

When I stated that Craig and I were making a 'natural' fort in the woods, I meant a fortress constructed out of logs, sticks, branches, shrubbery, etc. The fort is hard work, and we spent quite a few hours pulling heavy logs and gathering sticks to make it. Of course, I cannot give any pinpoint location on the fort as it's secret and I don't want any pedophiles "pedifiles" waiting for us inside of it whenever we travel there. Sadly, the shrubbery that we placed on it died, as we found out the last time we were there, and that upset me as we spent a lot of time wandering the woods looking for live branches to cut and even picker bushes to place at the base. Meh, it looked like a large bush at first but now it's a dying bush. It'll fit in soon enough when the Gypsy moth caterpillars are swarming all over the place.

Last Friday, not this past Friday, Darrin, Kyle, Matt, Tiffani, and I all went to Carol's house. Matt and I were playing Call of Duty 3 on the Playstation 3 (amazing graphics and gameplay, but I think I would prefer the Wii version for simplicity) for a while, and then we played Mad Gab all together. That Saturday I went turkey hunting (didn't hear a single gobble [was the third day I went spring turkey hunting this year]) and while walking around looking for a gobbler, we calculated that we traveled a distance of roughly ten miles. Then, I think this was the right day, after I went hunting I went to my niece's third birthday party out by Forest City and then we traveled to Honesdale to go shopping, and then we went for a ride around the countryside to get ice cream. We as in my mother, father, and I. The following day on Sunday, Darrin took Kyle, Carol, Burge, and I out to Dickson City to Starbucks and some stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Then we went to Carol's house for a while, hitting the birdie around her backyard with badminton rackets. And THEN after that I went home and wrote a seven-page paper for my world cultures class to which I found out the following school day that we only had to have a sample of our paper and not the whole thing. At least I'll be more worry-free around the deadline for the paper at the end of this week. As you can see, that weekend was extremely busy for me, and was a very large set of interesting events that I endured.

As for turkey hunting, I don't know if I mentioned this or not in an earlier entry post-beginning of turkey season, but on the first day of the youth hunt I missed two gobblers that were about twelve yards in front of me. Yes, very sad indeed. However, it's not as bad as the time that I missed a gobbler that was so close I could've reached out and chocked it. The second day I went I saw the head of a turkey for a split second, and then they turned around and left. I didn't know if it was a hen or a gobbler. The third day we went on our ten mile "hike" and heard nothing but saw a hen, which you cannot shoot during spring turkey season -- only the fall. It was a good season so far. I didn't go today as I stayed at Darrin's house overnight, and I may go next week, the last week, dependent upon whether my father will have work or not. However, at this point of the season, the leaves on the trees are going to make setting up a shooting range difficult as well as seeing the turkey coming in, and the turkeys just seem to have, well, left all of a sudden. I mean, where we go hunting, they're there, from the tracks they leave as well as dung, dust bowls, and scratchings, but they won't gobble nor come out of their, well, wherever they are. I just want to shoot a gobbler already. So far I only shot a hen one fall season, and when it comes to deer, I shot three doe and a four-point buck. Very nice!

So, what about Darrin's last night? Darrin was at a baseball game with his parents down at the Lackawanna Stadium watching the Scranton - Wilkes-Barre Yankees and thus, he didn't get out of the game until late at night. It wasn't until post ten thirty that he picked me up, and we arrived at his house about seven minutes after eleven. Kyle stayed over too. We first took turns playing Kyle's baseball game for the PS2. Then Darrin, being a pilot in training (he can even fly solo now), showed me this airplane simulator that he had on his computer. Wow. He was explaining everything to me but I was half-asleep so it was hard to absorb all the information but I was able to taxi a big Boeing 27 (right?) and take off, then he and Kyle took over the controls as I freaked out being up in the air. I didn't want to die. I have a phobia of flying, and I guess that simulator was realistic enough to release my fear, even if I was safe behind a computer screen simulating the situation. Then Kyle took over as the pilot after we did the smaller Boeing and Darrin gave him a double deck Boeing. I was on my laptop at this time, falling asleep, but I kept on glancing at what they were doing. Darrin explained his heart out in so much detail that I can understand basic controls in a cockpit, and let Kyle go out to take off and then land. Well, Kyle was doing great. He took off smoothly, flew around above San Francisco for a while, and then was coming in for the landing. Well, he did a rough landing and I think crashed the plane in a minor way. Oh well. I then fell asleep as the two were watching "Snakes on a Plane". In the morning we made breakfast, to which Kyle had a harder time eating than preparing, and Darrin drove us home as he had to go flying solo to two different airports, and back. He's probably zooming around up in the heavens now as I sit on the solid earth typing up this monstrous blog entry.

I have much more topics to discuss, such as my complaint about MySpace, my one hundred phobias, reasons to join #Foote_Chat, etc. but my single typing finger is tired. Poor thing. I'm actually going to grab my camera now and make a video of my typing with one finger to show Aeron, so maybe I'll post that up in the future. And I have to go clean up things like the Spencer video. If you want to see it, I'll leave it up for a few more hours (it's located in the April 2006 blog entries).

Have a good one.

No comments: