Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Hunt Is On!

I must begin this blog by saying 'Happy Mother's Day' to all the mothers out there who have/had to put up with their sons and daughters since the moment, well, the miracle of reproduction happened.

I was proofreading the blog entry that I produced yesterday (see, I can give birth too) and realized that I didn't mention 'Runescape' once in the whole entry. I was amazed as that entry may have been the first huge one in years that didn't mention one single bit of reference to Runescape at all. So I thought, "I'll now have motivation to write the next day on something relating to Runescape" and alas, I do have that motivation today.

The topic that I wish to discuss relates to autoers/macroers. Yes, I have brought this up many times in the past but after sitting around for the majority of the day yesterday reporting any person that I suspected to be an autoer (and even today I reported a bit), I think I deserve to bring up the topic again. Lately, Jagex has been targeting the whole bot business by banning bots, their main accounts, and people who bought Runescape gold. It's good to see that they're taking action, but Jagex cannot fully rid bots without the help of a few resourceful reports sent in that may grab their attention to a select few bots they may have missed. And even if they knew about them and banned them, the same script can create about a hundred bots elsewhere spreading them across various worlds. Sure, Jagex stated that they're going to operate I.P. bans, but I don't see any of that happening. Yes, they are going after the member bots the most it seems, as I'm only an autoer hunter on free-to-play servers, but I see the same surnames of bots today as I have seen months ago. And I say surnames as in the same letters at the beginning or end and then numbers places elsewhere. For example, some common surnames I have seen lately are 'mmkknn', 'dfer', 'fcfc', 'binbb', 'honfan', 'kizha', and 'eveing'. If you see them, it's pretty safe to assure yourself that they're appropriate to report. The sad thing is that no matter what world I go on to report autoers, I will see the same surnames. So far I have been touring Worlds 86 and 127 for them, but I will test other worlds some other day to see similarities.

What do I get out of reporting autoers, or what I like to call as well as Aeron, autoer hunting. The process is slow and for some, painstaking, however I find a thrill in autoer hunting. I enjoy grabbing my autoer tablet and my vibrant blue pen and recording the names of autoers down as they mindlessly chop at yew trees with their iron woodcutting axes or pass by me on their way to another tree, or if I'm by the docks of Port Sarim, to the fishing spots on Karmaja Island. I can get as much as ten to fifty autoers at a single location of a few trees, whether they be yews or willows. Actually, just yesterday I reported a whopping amount of 137 autoers with 117 of those reported on one world on a single sitting without logging out once. Today I reported 51 before rapping up my autor hunting supplies so that I could log off and move on to more essential elements of life. The main reason why I began to report autoers way back when was because I wanted to become a player moderator. Reporting autoers was a method that I sought out that meant I would be in the middle of nowhere with fifty computer scripts running around me that would not, thankfully, talk or annoy me. Reporting by standing by the fountain in Varrock or outside the castle in Lumbridge meant that you would take a risk for your sake of time because you didn't always have rule breakers around, but you always have beggars around. At least with reporting autoers, you can guarantee that if they're an autoer than they're breaking a rule, thus they're ideal to report. I still hold the ultimate goal of one day obtaining the position of player moderator, but until that day, I will go on hunting and reporting autoers. And even if I were to have 'modship', I would probably still seek out autoers just so that I could contribute to Jagex's goal of ridding their game of these pests that take away from the feel of the game.

I plan on getting my video recording software prepared and make a little documentation of sorts on the different habitats of autoers with my voice added to the video, so look out for that in the coming days or weeks. I want to educate other players on autoers and I also want to receive further education on them myself. I want ways to foil their demented silentness and their methods of cutting yew trees 24/7. The main way that we all can do together is, of course, reporting the scum, and that will hopefully get the job done in the future. If you were to question me a few weeks ago on reporting autoers, I would probably respond that it's a waste of time. Why? I did it in the past all the time and never received any recognition for it. But now Jagex is out to destroy the autoing operations, and thus this is the time we must go out and report autoers so that Jagex may take further actions. If you're a skiller, like me, then you'll want to see autoers gone, so that skillers who master woodcutting, fishing, mining, etc. can finally be rewarded for the raw materials that they collect. We want to see shark prices stay at one thousand gold pieces or beyond or yew prices to stay above three hundred. What we must do is stop complaining about the bots, and report them. You'll feel better knowing that as little as you may be in the huge population that makes up the players of Runescape, that you contributed in the best way to getting rid of a huge problem.

Here's an example of what my autoer tablet looks like. This is the record of the 178 autoers I reported in the last two days.



If you're ever bored with the other features of the game, such as doing skills, quests, fighting, etc. and you want to keep Runescape fresh, then get out there and report some autoers.

As it's Mother's Day, I want to feature some pictures that my mother has captured with my digital camera that I had left downstairs for the last week. She enjoys to take pictures a lot. I have handpicked a selection of my favorite pictures that she has taken. Enjoy!

Pictures of the Day





"Comment That Keyword!"

"runescape--getting a whip in 5 hours"

The solution to getting a whip in five hours depends on the type of situation that you find yourself in. If you have the money (as whips are extremely cheap nowadays), then you can be the proud owner of a whip in less than a half hour if you buy on the forums or in a busy world. Now if you don't have the money and you're extremely broke, then you probably won't obtain the whip in five hours unless you scammed or somebody died next to you with three items that have a shop price greater than a whip and they were wielding the whip and thus now the whip is yours. But of course, scamming is a reportable offense and well, you have better luck getting struck by lightning then winning the Runescape lottery in your case. Just skill, get raw materials, sell them, make a few hundred thousand and maybe continue skilling or merchant. Whatever you have to do, but you need patience when playing Runescape. Some guy in f2p wanted me to give him money and I told him 'no' and told him to skill. He said that he didn't have the time so I coolly told him, "Well, Runescape isn't the game for you then." Funny, as afterwards he said "nvm i have time." Strange people..


Have a good one and Happy Mother's Day! Time to study for a two hundred Spanish verb test. Procrastination for the win!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

report the scum. thats why we always see the low levels with 99 cooking and the people that worked harrd for the 76+ fishing just don't get rewarded one bit. and i'm glad your coming on rs to report. oh and you logged out i didn't see the message till i checked again hehe. you can get a whip in 5hrs too...

step one:buy 5k pure ess..
step two:runecraft them
step three:sell them

goodluck with your 5hr whiP!

and happy mothers day mothers!