Sunday, December 30, 2007



2k8 on the way

"2007 was good. 2008 will be even better. I promise."

New YearHappy New Year's, fellas. :) Technically that's a bit early, but I bet in places like Australia it's only a matter of hours for them now. Hours for us too...sorta. Yeah, you get my point. I haven't gone too many places the past few days, mainly because I haven't been feeling too great and was a bit sick. Everybody seems to be sick though. I spent a lot of time reading instead. Finished two books, working on starting a third. I missed that feeling of having a stack of fresh novels home and being able to get lost into them and binge-read. xD With school keeping me busy on most nights, I lose time to read like that. The first book I read was about a girl named Remy and her summer between senior year ending and before she left for college. I liked it a alot, even though the ending left things dangling, which I actually sort of like. The second I finished today was about a girl with an eating disorder and whose father died. It was interesting and cute, yet short. The third one is about a teenage girl who apparently has died but the reader reads from her point of view of her seeing how her friends, family, and boy act with her gone. Sounds very different and one I can't wait to get into. ;)

My friend came over to my house Friday and we showed each other our new gifts. It was nice to have her over. Most of the time was spent on my laptop with me adding over 100 songs to her new mp3 player. Even though it was only 1GB, it held a lot more than I thought, and she still has plenty of extra room. Perfect for her. Green colored too, her fav! :P

KittyI think it's time I give a quick kitty update. My cat, Cyber, is really starting to adjust and I've been around him enough to really pick up on his personality. Throughout the day he has moments lasting a good hour or more where he is extremely active. He'll run and jump from couch to couch, scratching his way up things and down others. He'll follow people around and sort of, I don't know, like knaw on your ankle or scratch at it playfully or something. Once that phase wears off he finds a comfortable spot to lay and sleeps for a bit. Once he wakes up he is incredibly calm, sweet, and gentle. This is the best time to pick him up and cuddle him. He likes to pet your chin with his paw if you stare at him a while, or lick your fingertips. It's really cute actually. I have to say I thoroughly enjoy having a cat. After all these years of wanting one, I wasn't let down. Hopefully I can always have a dog and a cat that live with me. It's lovely, to say the least! :)

Pump it upp!Moving on... [haha ironic, the song playing off the radio just sang that same lyric.] My plans for New Years are to spend it yet again with my dearest girls, Abby and Nicole. We're all looking forward to it so it should be a real good time. :) I plan to bring my new camera, my phone, everything. I hope I can snap some hot pics of us dancing our butts off, since that's the plan. I think we're going to be dancing to "Pump it up" by Joe Budden. Which if we do, it's a pretty pumped dancing song, haha. I can't waittt. Some late night paper routing in C-dale might also be involved...just have to wait and see! Pretty funny to think that the first thing I do in 2008 might be riding around in a small car delivering newspapers at 2am with a paper route song cassette sung by Abby is blasting and the car does doughnuts in an empty lot as I sit in the middle and have my two best friends scream& squish me to pieces. Ahh, that's the life, hahaha. =)

Dreamyy, dreamyy.I have a big urge to mention you know who again in my blog, because I had some pretty adorable dream about him last night, woke up with his voice in my iPod, and got a new poster of him today. Obsessed? Barely. :P I don't know what in the world it is about me lately. I was 10, 12, 14 years old, whatever. I never had such a crush on a movie star, music star, nobody. Neverrrrr. And isn't that the teeny bopper age time for that to occur?! Haha, I told you people, I am a late bloomer in every possible way. xD So I am going to be 17, and I have the biggest crush in the world on, yep, a movie star. =P It is fun to have this crush though. Mostly all my friends know by now how this has developed and grown, and they tease me and play along like he's going to be my boyfriend someday. Aw but my dream was really cute, like cute in a 10-year old's first crush kind of way. [Maybe I'm regressing? :P] Anyway, I'm already this far into it so I may as well share it. [You can stop reading if you want.. :P] All I remember is that it was snowing and everybody from school was at this park, Ze [I'll use Ze for these purposes] and I included. The middle is a bit fuzzy, but of course I remember the end as it was the best part. It was like a field trip maybe, and I was with my friends and other people until I saw Ze and he waved me over and smiled. I proceeded to run off with him and man, I wish I could remember whatever was going on, but I guess something bad/scary did because everyone was running to get back on the school buses before they pulled away. Ze and I were kneeling behind a brick behind, like sort of hiding, and peeking around at everyone else running. [So weirdddd but really cute too!] He kept telling me to stay calm and everything would be alright because he was there. All I remember is the foggy breath coming out of his mouth when he said that [because it was cold and snowy], and his face was so close to mine his cheek was brushing against mine even though both of us faced forward. Then all I remember next is getting on the bus late, out of breathe, and just jumping in the first seat, crouching down in and breathing really heavy, my cheeks flushed red and my heart pounding. Then the bus started to move and I look out the window and saw Ze standing there again, shyly smiling at me maybe? Then I woke up I guess. It was cute and the most unrealistic dream ever. It certainly was just a DREAM. xD But aw, so cute. :)

-snaps back to reality- lalalala. I don't want to go to bed just yet [even though I took some medicine..hasn't drowzied me out yet] so I'm going to again take a quick dash down memory lane 2007. I'm going to pull up my last entry from last New Years for old times sake. This blog is wonderful. It really is. It holds so much for more than one person. I love writing here. I'm not sure what it is, but I've had journals/blogs elsewhere, yet there is something about "Buddy Foote's" that makes it all the more worthwhile and enjoyable. :)

2k8Skimming through my last entry of last year, I wrote about a lot of firsts that had happened to me. This year there was not too many things I'd call "firsts". The biggest exception being my going to Warped Tour and meeting Family Force 5. ;) That will probably be one of my favorite memories of 2007. I'm surprised I don't have a whole lot to say on 2007. It was a nice year overall, no complaints. I guess I'm just feeling excited more so for 2008, which can't be a bad thing, right? Man, it's hard to know that 2009 is really close, my graduation year. Every year I always just hope that the upcoming year will be even better than the last!


"And yet I'm nothing more than a line in your book.."

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Happy New Year!!!

Hope you feel better soon and that's too bad that so many people are sick.

Awww, Ze. That was certainly a cute dream. I don't think I've ever had a dream about him. Lucky girl ;)
Other celebs maybe, but never that one.

Cyber sounds so precious! I love when animals paw at your face... makes them seem more human :)
Gah, I have to go. My dog is whining for me to pay attention to her.

Well, here's to hoping 2008 is a fabulous year!