Monday, December 31, 2007

Wintry Weather Causes Me To Be Bored!

First off I would like to wish everyone a happy 2008 (even though I am a little early). The snow is really coming down out there as I lay on my bed and type this blog. I guess that the snow is okay as long as I don't have anywhere to travel to, which in this case I don't. I can't believe how quickly this year passed. It really seems like only yesterday that we were welcoming the year 2007, now it's about to come to an end. I can't really say that I did anything exciting this past year, so I am hoping to change that in the coming year. Maybe take a long, relaxing vacation and maybe even like the place so much that I won't come back :-) , I am actually hoping to make something of myself this year. I am planning to go back to school for Elementary Education and land a teaching job at my old elementary school(that being Lakeland). I know that I have the brains and the determination to go back to school and achieve my dreams of being a teacher, but do I have the money. School is not free and without scholarships it's really hard to pay for. Which brings me to a lecture to all you young bloggers. I would like to tell you all to study hard. Pay attention in school and strive to do your best, high school may be difficult at times, but it can be fun too. Take part in as many school activities as you can, have fun with your friends, make new friends, and always remember to be yourself. If someone doesn't like you for who you are then they are not worth your time, don't change and be someone that your not just to please someone else. Many of you on this blog will be in your senior year of high school next year, so I am going to give you some more advice on that. Live each day of your senior year as if it was your last, because before you know it your last day will be there and you will be up on that stage for one last time, and many of you may say that you can't wait to get out of there, but believe me you will be sad when it's over......Just some words of wisdom for you all :-) well once again, I wish you all a happy new year and the best of luck with the remainder of your high school days at good ole' Lakeland....

xoxo
Jenifer

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, that was nice Jen. :)

Buddy Foote said...

I can't wait to leave Lakeland. Period.

The school is not the same as when you left it. When you left the school, it had more of a carefree atmosphere, there were no strict rules as there are nowadays such as dress code, and the administration, from what I heard from teachers who graduated from around the same time as you, weren't a bunch of assholes. The school now is a dictatorship. We go to school each day in fear of a new rule to jump out at us and attack. Were you able to wear coats if it was cold out? We can't, and they almost eliminated hoodies altogether. From what I heard, Lakeland is worse than college. I have heard this from many college students who graduated over the past few years and also from teachers who graduated from Lakeland who compare Lakeland's former glory days to the dark years that we are now experiencing. I can give you a list of teacher's who hate the administration, but to save their privacy, I will not conduct one in public. And from talk going around, the teachers want to create a union and go on strike, preferably our senior year or the year after.

And why should we like senior year? Seniors no longer get privileges as they once did. There's no senior room, Senior Day is a joke nowadays, and seniors are treated with no respect anymore from both teachers and lowerclassmen. Being a senior is no different from being a freshman in the current condition at Lakeland.

I just can't wait until college, where I'll learn stuff that will actually help me develop and flourish in life. Not crap like effusion of gases and such. -_-

Jenifer said...

wow Stephen, you didn't have to jump down my throat, just giving your guys some advice, and posting a blog, like you have been bugging me to do, so I guess that I won't be posting anymore for awhile now since I am tramatized from the choice of words that caused you to be mean to your own sister....thanks...

Love Ya,
Jen

Buddy Foote said...

I was not speaking directly to you in my rave, but rather I was using the base of your discussion to create a rant against the school, and I'm happy that you did so. I had a lot on my chest about Lakeland and how it cannot run itself, and thanks to you, you allowed me to vent it out into solid phrases that voiced my honest opinions.

I did not speak harshly of you or of your post in my comment. I was not jumping down your throat; I merely used the words you wrote to attack a scummy school known as Lakeland. So thank you, and please do not stop in your regular posting. You have been doing a great job. :)