Monday, December 24, 2007



Have A Merry Christmas

Current status: Sitting on my bedroom floor typing this up on my laptop at 11:41 P.M. at night while feeling shitty from having the flu as "They Might Be Giants" songs play in the background.

Yes, it's Christmas Eve soon to be Christmas Day in less than twenty minutes, and I have the flu. It's only a minor version of the flu, thank God, but still, it stinks. Every new day presented a new sickness as the sickness from the previous day no longer existed. I don't want to know what I'll have tomorrow when I wake up. I swear if it's a sore neck, I'm done in for the day. Sore necks just ruin my day. I would rather take a migraine headache than have to deal with a sore neck. And when your neck hurts and you hold it in a position for an x amount of time and you then obtain a stiff neck -- then it's the end of the world. Anyway, I have been sick since Friday with a variety of symptoms. And yes, that means I wrote "The UPS Men: Part 1" while I was sick. I swear I have more motivation when I'm sick because I'm handicap from doing much so I use whatever resources I have available. Therefore I grabbed my laptop, opened up Microsoft Works, and typed my heart out. The story required no brainstorming or thought. Everything was impromptu from the top of my head, and that's my writing style. However whenever I write the first part of something, then I'm stuck. Why? Well if the first part is good, I can't throw in stinky sections of the story afterwards, and plus I need to make sure it follows the plot which isn't even established yet. I think I may make it like a soap opera -- it goes on for forty years with no plot whatsoever.

I got back my laptop a few days ago after it was gone for about one to two months. If you aren't aware of what occurred, my laptop received a series of viruses and trojains after I downloaded malicious software. It was a wrong move in my part, and a rather costly move. And no, I didn't see a file that said "Iareavirus.exe" and said, "Oh wow, I better download this file!" I was misled. My advice: When looking for something to download and you're using Google to search for it, never go past page two. Everything afterwards is bad, very bad. Anyway, we get it back and it's not fixed. Yep, the guy who was "repairing" it took that long, more than one hundred dollars as far as I know, and he hands back a laptop still filled with viruses and says, "Just do a system restore." Okay, you had the damn thing forever, we forked over the money, and you did nothing. The least you could do is do the damn system restore for us! And guess what? There's still something wrong. When we did the system restore, it didn't get rid of the files on the hard drive. The computer broke when I had about 17-20 GB of free space out of 49 GB. Well, after we did the system restore and I installed World of Warcraft, AIM, and Google Talk, I look and it says '7 GB of free space'. I was about to flip. 7 GB wouldn't last me more than a month if I went back to my old habits of trying something new every week. For example, do RPG Maker XP one week, then the next I would play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, etc. I don't know -- maybe I'll have a surprise under the Christmas tree to make up for it. The only probably is that I slept from 5 to 9 so I have a lot of energy until my juices run low.

Onto another topic -- Lakeland Study Buddy, the forum/message board that I created as a homework help resource for my class at Lakeland High School in Jermyn, PA, is currently down. It has been down for about two days now and I'm a bit concerned. The problem: My MySQL host, db4free.net, is down. And being that it's a free MySQL host, I don't know if it'll ever be back up. The guy who runs it (I saw his blog so I think it's only one guy who owns the server) doesn't have to support any customers as he's running the service out of the good of his heart, so he doesn't have to put it back online. If the server never goes back up, then LSB dies and another good idea from Buddy Foote goes out the window. I swear, this was the first forum I ever made where I had many active members and it just goes bye-bye that fast. If it's not back up by Wednesday or Thursday, I'm going to e-mail the owner of the server asking what's going on. I knew I should have purchased that host...

I'm going to end this entry at that note then. Just another one of my random, personal rant entries. Right before Christmas like I promised, even though it's Christmas Day right now at 12:18 A.M. Oh boy, I hear Santa up on the roof! Better get to bed!

Have a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it Blogger ads or something else, they take the whole page now. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you. Hope your flu gets better and the MySQL server goes back up, too. :)

Buddy Foote said...

Nah, that's just my own Adbrite ads that I'm using in order to get some money to go toward future online projects. I think I may alter the settings for them a bit. They're getting a little annoying. And the MySQL server went back up today! What a good Christmas present. ;)

And Merry Christmas to you too. =D