Friday, December 07, 2007



Stop Getting Up For The Letdown

Hey, "stud muffin." Yeah. ;] That's right. My chem teacher said that today. It stuck in my head like melted cheese on white bread. A blog entry in these here parts is waaay overdue. ;] I'm not sure where this one's gonna go, so let's hope it's somewhere good. :]

I want some snow. I want some of that thick, flaky, white, powdery snow. The kind that falls all night long. Snow that piles up..1 foot, 2 feet. The kind where my school closes the night before. I'm ready for that beauty.

People fascinate me. The way people act, react, look, and hide things from the world. I've been extremely observative this year. People are so different but they try so hard to be the same. They try to be accepted. They like and dislike things about every person their eyes see. Conformity bothers me when it gets to a certain point. People change too rapidly sometimes. I noticed certain people recently who have changed so much I'll never know them again. And what about those people in your life you know "of", but you don't know "about"? I think about those people sometimes, and the thing is, they will never return the thought of me.

What happened to childhood? Someone remind me, remind me what it felt like to be that little girl, or that little boy. The innocent child, who always had their two parents together, who was adventurous, who went places, who looked at "big kids" as an age they could not even grasp. Christmas is coming. It's not the same. It hasn't been the same for a few years. It will never be the same for me again. Why? Why can't things like that remain the same? Because people change. Life develops. Excitement fades. Families fracture. Now, I look forward to the future.

The future holds so much. I want to make it there with a smile on my face. I want to have learned right from wrong. Christmas 2024. Picture it. I hope I have someone. Someone incredible. Someone worth forever. By then, I hope that the "excitement" returns. That the "fracture" is healed. I want proximity, not distance.

Then again, why say "someone incredible." Isn't that who everyone wants? I guess only the lucky win. I hope I'm lucky..

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. People deemed beautiful by society aren't the happiest, not even close. They're lonely. Lonely because they intimidate the average. I heard this on a TV show this week. It made perfect sense. Opposites can attract, but so can the alike. Who cares about drastically changing your look any longer. It won't get you anywhere, and anyone not willing to notice you as you are isn't worth your time.

I smiled a lot this week. Some one or two can make me smile quite discreetly but it's only on a rare occasion. And maybe, just maybe, that's okay. I won't ask for much. But it's those little things that can sometimes brighten us up. New faces are fresh. Old faces are growing closer. It's nice to be noticed. Noticed for doing nothing spectacular. Noticed for just being there. I like thinking of moments after they happen. I like thinking that maybe I've passed through someone's mind. You pass through my mind a lot. I'm not looking for that specific acknowledgment some get on a daily basis. It wouldn't happen to me anyway. I have a friend or two, and y'know what, we're behind. Behind in a good way I'd say. Our day will come. And when it does, I know, I truly know, we'll be saying "it was worth the wait," because guess what, we all will. Enough said.

Before I conclude this thought-filled blog entry of things my mind wandered to share, I'd like to say that I think I might start adding a quote/lyric or two to my entries. I'm not sure why, but some I read in passing and think "wow, that line means something special." I figure since I enjoy English so much as a whole, and love writing/reading words with a growing passion, that leaving something "deep" at the beginning and/or end of my blog might be nice. Even if that's the only thing someone reads of my entry, and let's say it sinks in or makes them think for a moment, then I'd be pleased with that. This entry was certainly unique. I don't write so shady like this very often. Half of the things I said might come off as so disguised nobody will know what I mean; and that's just fine. I hadn't written much in a while anywhere, school or here, and it felt so nice to just think for a good hour and write all sorts of words that to me expressed so much. If there's something I like about reading those quotes, lyrics, or even someone else's words, it is that sometimes, if something is really good, you can find a deeper meaning behind the words on the page. Why make it easy? Same goes for any person, why give yourself away so easily. What people see on the outside shouldn't define you by no means. Wait for people who take the time to dig underneath the surface with all that they've got. ♥

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice deep entry, i dont follow what society deems as beautiful, i follow what i deem as beautiful, and that is myself. even tho it isnt true, lieing to myself makes me feel secure, if even just for a moment

Ashlee said...

Whoa. Just as I was finishing up reading this blog (amazing and thought-provoking like whoa), "It's Not Over" by Secondhand Serenade started up on your music player. A lot of the lyrics tie into the blog. Even if it's about a romantic relationship and not childhood :)

You seem so much like me. I spend far too much time thinking and reminscing about people from my past. People that I know haven't spent a milisecond of their thoughts on me since the last time I saw them. I just can't help it. I can remember their names and memories of playing with them or being in their classes. But if our eyes happen to meet in a store or at a restaurant, there's no light of acknowledgement there. It hurts but at the same time, I feel that I'm the silly one for expecting so much.

I seem to remember way too many details of far too much. Things that nobody pays any mind to. Things that they simply don't care to see.

Just this weekend, I looked up at the sky and saw this amazing burgundy color merged with the black silhouette of some trees, and it blended up into a deep indigo blue, almost black. I told my mom to look. She said it was pretty, but I could tell she didn't think much of it. My grandma was totally uncaring to its beauty. And I asked them, "Why am I the only one that pays any attention to the sky?" Why am I the only one that pays attention to things not planned or expected?

Society confuses me, it really does. The expectations and pressure it puts on people is so disheartening. To see young girls want to die just because they're not the ideal weight or dress size. Or for guys to fall into such darkness because they have to bottle up what they feel. After all, they're not supposed to show emotion or cry, right?

I feel like a late bloomer too. I'm not going to get all pushy or inquisitive but I think I understand what you were saying.

Here's to Christmas 2024 -- may both of us have loving families and that special someone to cuddle up with by the fireplace. Because nobody deserves it more than us, eh? lol.

Take care, Caitlin!!

Unknown said...

Ashleeeeee. You are the best.
I love what you wrote!

So much.

=)

thankyou!

Anonymous said...

I also noticed that people are always changing to conform...and some of those people are my friends and it saddens me because suddenly I don't really seem to know them...

I too think I think too much xD

I miss the innocent feeling of being a child too...and it seems as if time is slipping away way too fast and I just want to grab on to it and enjoy everything but everything goes by quickly.

One thing I do like is finding a hidden side to people and I always have to remind myself not to be prejudiced and to be open minded...(hopefully I am doing that) But then again, I will never know if I am being prejudiced or open minded--only others can tell me that I suppose. (If that makes sense?)

Anyways, please read my blog :)