Saturday, December 22, 2007



Catch Up

"Literate and stylish, kissable and quiet...that's what girls dreams are made of."

Hey there. Long long time since an entry, I know. And it really disappoints me that I've barely been on the computer for more than a half hour since last Saturday. I have a lot to say for that reason, since a good chunk of things have occurred. :P

Wow, my last entry was Friday, December 7th?! No way. Thinking back I believe the rest of that weekend was spent studying for my big chemistry test that I took that week. Monday I think there was a snow day, and my test was like Wednesday. It went alright, and felt extremely good to have over. xD I think I had yet another snow day Thursday. :P Woot, right? Then that Friday I spent time over my friend Heather's house where we went sledding because we had gotten such nice, fresh, snow. =] The day after I spent the entire day Christmas shopping. That was fun too, but I barely bought anything that day! :P

WoWSo that was last Saturday. It was then that night I think I stayed up really late and started playing World of Warcraft. xD Since it's been a week since I played my free trial -pouts- my intended blog entry of that night has crumbled in the back of my mind because other events have happened since then, which stinks. :P However I do remember that it was a bunch of fun. Honestly, I never thought I'd try that game for any amount of time because even though I'd heard of it, it did not interest me whatsoever, but when a person has a great friend who they can't say no too and that person wants them to play WoW with them, the person agrees hands down. ;] It was worth it though! It just really stinks that after that Saturday night I did not play it since, wasting 6 days of my 10-day free trial to play WoW! =P I made two characters that night, one on each side. I wish I could explain this better, but I don't want to give incorrect names so I won't try. xD One was a human named Cayt, and the other a troll, I think, named Catatyk. I'm pretty sure that was it. :P The good news is I am on holiday break from school now until January 2nd, so hopefully I'll have time to play again! =] That night I sort of looked around and did a quest I think. I was trying to just get used to moving around and talking to people, and fighting random things. Quite exciting actually. ^_^

Shocking..I went to bed around 3am that night, and I woke up early on Sunday, 8:30ish maybe 9 in the morning wondering why I was feeling so chilly eventhough none of my blankets had fallen off. I went downstairs only to realize the electric was out in both my houses. =( We got this terrible storm Sunday with these brutal winds, I mean at my house they were literally tornado-style winds. These big evergreen trees were falling over on power lines like dominoes. Originally I thought we were going to have precipitation mostly that day, but it barely snowed/sleeted, it was just those winds! It was outrageous. By noon on Sunday all the roads from my house were blocked with a large tree, and nobody had electric. The winds died down sometime that afternoon, but damage was left everywhere. My yard was black and white from far away, because the fresh snow was still all over but on top there were so many branches that had fallen. I had never seen anything like it. xD By sundown I was feeling majorly upset. For one, my main house had no heat whatsoever while my other just had a wood stove thank goodness, I mean, I don't even know what we'd do. We had no phone and no running water either. My house and my neighbors were some of the last people to get their electric back not on Sunday, but 4pm Monday afternoon. So we lived without electric for more than a day, and it was horrible. The not having TV, computer, and electronic part was no big deal. It's not having heat and running water that is so tough. I didn't know what to do with myself. I was worried we'd have school Monday and I wouldn't be able to go because I had no electric, meaning I couldn't shower, or brush my teeth well, or any of that basic stuff. For goodness sake we were flushing toilets with store-bought gallons of water, and it takes like 2 of those to flush a toilet by the way. :P Luckily school was cancelled as the road to the school was blocked and the school served as a shelter my family and I were unaware of because we didn't have the phone working they would have called us on. It wasn't fun. =/ I was SO ecstatic when the electric went back on. It felt sooo good, so good. I think I was quite thankful before this for all the things I have, but after that I was just even more grateful. Everyday this week I'd catch myself hear the heat click on or something and think to myself how incredibly nice of a feeling that is. :P

One thing does worry me now though, and it's the news I've been hearing of this Sunday there being another storm with some more winds. My mom and I just looked at each other with a face of "oh, I hope everything will be okay." Last Sunday was bad, this one could be worse if an event like that occurred again so soon. I mean, Christmas Eve is Monday... :O -crosses fingers-

Smile like you mean it!After that I haven't been on the computer for more than a half hour really all week until today pretty much. School was nice this week. I had a few tests to take, however I was able to find out how I did on all of them yesterday allowing me to leave school for the holiday feeling mighty proud of my grades. :] Thursday and Friday nights were probably the best of this week. :P Thursday after school I had an orthodontist appointment that went extremely well and quickly. My orthodontist came in and started telling the assistant lady words like "extraction" and "impression", words meaning a lot at this stage of the braces game. xD He said to me that it's been three years now, and my mouth couldn't look better. He complimented my excellent oral hygiene and told me I'll be having all of my braces removed next appointment. I literally sat up in the chair and said "Wow! Really!!?" Haha I was totally caught off guard, so unexpected news! He shook my hand and everything in a congratulations sort of way. :] It was pretty exciting, I can't believe it. I've had braces since 8th grade, and I'm in 11th now so I guess it has been awhile. I was hoping since summer that I'd have them off before my senior year at least, because so many fun picture-events and other things are coming that I'd love to not have braces on for because I'm a girl that looooves to smile, gosh, I'm staring at people and smiling at them ALL DAY LONG! I just, smile, constantly, haha. And with my braces that was no different, but without them, and with a hopefully prettier white smile I'll just well, smile even more, haha. =D

ShoppingThe "impression" of my mouth they took that day was a bit uncomfortable though. :P For those unaware, it's when they sort of put this molding-clay-type of stuff in my mouth and hold it on my bottom jaw for a few minutes to make an imprint of my mouth so they can size a correct retainer for me. I knew the stuff would taste horrendous, so I tried to stick my tongue to the back of my throat, haha, but it wasn't bad. It was just all over me, ew. xD I'm pretty pumped though! January 22nd is the date I go in for the "extraction". :] I'm even excited to wear a retainer. :P =) Woot, I did itttt. haha. :] After my appointment that night I went out to eat and then shopping. Thursday night I did a lot of shopping myself and I got some nice deals, so I'm pretty proud of myself. -pats back- (:

Holiday LightsFriday at school is always fun too, and it was. Usually half the school doesn't come because we don't do any lessons in class. It's mostly a social day and we had two assemblies all day long. Some of my friends and I exchanged gifts which was nice. :] After school I went to my friend Abby's house with Nicole and we exchanged our bigger gifts there. Then Santa came by on the fire truck with the flashing lights and sirens so we ran outside like 5 year olds, literally, haha we were all jumping up and down. We didn't even put coats on we just ran out in the cold screaming for Santa to stop, hahaha. :P Which he did, then we got our pictures with him and some candy. Lol! We're such goofs. =) After we calmed down and finished with our gifts, we went to see the Christmas lights in nearby neighborhoods and Nay Aug Park. It was all so pretty. =) When we got back we danced and talked. =) Oh how I love those girls. xD I love how we dance a lot, and we'll be together on New Year's Eve where we'll be due to make up a new dance, it's been a while. :]

I had too...I think I'll take a moment and share the super sweet gifts my lovely friends gave to me this year. :] [thanks guyssss!! ♥ ] In no particular order, I got a black sweater vest with the fuzzy animal fur hood and it has red stars on it, a pretty gray baby doll top I'm going to wear to school, an ornament, High School Musical socks and three hot pictures of Zac Efron. Haha now, I have to take a moment to describe this, hahaa. :P Some of my friends know I have this silly crush on silly Zac Efron [aka Troy in the movie HSM] and well, Nicole gave me these 3 superrr cute poster pictures of Zac and the socks one of which is a pair that has his face on it and says "I heart Troy!" :P Haha Abby took my picture when I first saw the Zac pictures, and my smile is waay too big for that moment, like I met him or something, it's sooo funny. Anyway, it was really thoughtful actually. I hung up the Zac pictures all over my house. One is right next to me here at my computer desk area, and the other 2 near my bed. -swoons- I'm so nuts and it's incredibly funny how I like him but I just like his pretty face to stare at, m'kay? No biggie, I swear. o.O Keeps me calm. -blushes- :]

Lovely presentsLet's continue then. Haha this is like the 5th time I've gotten off track in a blog entry because Zac Efron came to mind! :P I also got a pink iPod case, another shirt, a polka dot box for my desk, nail filer thingys, teddy bear, desk ornament type object, and this picture from the semi in 9th grade of me and three other people. That was interesting to see again, man. I really disdained the way I looked that night and in that picture. :P I dont know.. I think I should just cut me out and save all the other beautiful people, haha. But it's an amazing memory, and there are worse pictures of me, I suppose. :] I do think if I attend one of those high school dances again I'd do a number of things differently, dress-getting ready-wise. (; Hmm..what else was there. Some candy, lots of candy/food. I got this big box of nerds which is actually ironic, because like, I'm nerdy. So thank you friend that gave me nerds. =) hehe. Everything was very nice though and it was really nice of everyone! =) ♥ ♥

Now that's been mostly everything worth mentioning that's happened since I last wrote. Today is Saturday so yep, nothing happened today yet. :P Except that my father just got home with his spiffy new truck which I'm about to go ride in and go out somewhere. :] It feels nice to have a break off from school though. =) I hope I can write a number of entries, too. (: I have many things I want to do over break, so hopefully I can have time to do them all and have days where I just lay around too, haha. :P I wish everybody a really wonderful holiday!

"I'm oh-so-terrible at this.
I'm terrible at this, you know."

4 comments:

Joey said...

omg getting impressions suck so bad. i absolutly hate them more than family guy. they taste so nastyyyy. i dont think that storm is supposed to be that bad tho, last week i didnt have power for 3 days.

Unknown said...

awww :P Yeah, I prepared myself for them because I heard they were nasty. Thankfully it wasn't tooo bad, and I did all I could not to taste them. eww. :P

I remember you saying that was why you missed school Tuesday too. That stinks even more. But yeah, let's hope it won't be bad at alll!=]

Joey said...

haha and im looking forward to a buddyfoote shirt

Ashlee said...

Impressions. Blech!! I remember those fondly (okay, not so fondly). I think I had my braces for 2 years (5th to 7th)...anywho, yes, wear your retainer!!! I didn't wear mine like I was supposed to and I had very slight shifting. Compared to how my teeth were before, it's nothing at all but it still frustrates my mom that they didn't stay 100% perfect. Oops :(

But yeah, it's cool that you're getting yours off before Senior year. :)

A Santa Claus comes around your neighborhood? That's so awesome! Nothing like that happens here. You have to go to the mall to see Santa lol.

Aww your friends are so lovely and boy did you get a lot of gifts! LOL @ your reaction to the Zac photos. I know what you mean about his pretty face. *sigh* And those socks...they're just the best things ever lol!

Well, I hope you have a lovely holiday break and that you get to complete everything you wish to do (and then some!).

One more day 'til Christmas Eve! *squeal*