Saturday, April 29, 2006

Loading Slowly...

Once upon a time I downloaded SimCity 4 from Limewire with CD crack and all of the files and it worked. Then one day I got mad at it for some unknown reason and deleted it to save up hard drive space for the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas game I was downloading off of the internet. And now today, I feel like playing the game again, but many challenges await me. And right now, one of those challenges are loading slowly so I'm using my time writing this.

The other day this started when I got the urge to play SimCity 4. I get urges for a lot of things. Today while fishing and hunting, I got the urge to go home and play Runescape. I did do so just a while ago and turned it off in less than five minutes of playing it; mining coal is boring and is not fun when others take your ore. Anyhow, I opened up the .rar file I downloaded and everything was working well. I had the right serial code and the installiation was running smooth...except for one little problem. "Please insert CD 2". Being that I downloaded the game and I don't have a second CD (however I have the .rar file for the second CD), I was stumped. Somehow I got the game to work before, up and running like nothing but I presumed I must've burnt a CD. I had school that night so I just aborted the project.

Today after coming home from hunting turkeys and then going fishing and catching three fish (a pickeral, perch, and bluegill), I had this unknown urge again to play SimCity 4 after I turned Runescape off in my less than five minutes of playing the MMORPG. I looked around my CD's scarthered about my computer desk and finally found a shiny red one that had the SimCity 4 CD 2 rar file in it. Bingo! Hit the installation up and ran it, it disn't work. My idea: It's not working because the files aren't extracted. I go and download a free CD/DVD burner off of Downloads.com and then extracted the .rar file from the temporary files under the local settings. In which the extracting step is taking place right now and is at 58% done. The purpose of this post: boredom, so therefore I'm sorry if I caused you the same.

However I plan to make some sort of SimCity 4 story that follows some storyline of a mayor taking up the task of a new city, but first I'm going to play the game and become familar with it again and download some plugins and mods for the game, for example I hate the square beaches so I may download that one mod I remember reading about with irregular-shaped beaches...

Have a good one. By the way, I didn't shoot a gobbler.

EDIT right after posting: God, I can't type today. But anyway, I wanted to add that, in case you didn't know, that the Nintendo Revolution changed it's name to Wii. Yes, Wii. O_O

No comments: