Saturday, January 26, 2008



Drama-ette

Hey kids. =P Life has been good, very busy, and quite exciting this week. :) Well I got my braces off Tuesday morning! Yep, all done. The appointment lasted a good hour and wasn't painful or scary or any of that. I love my teeth toooo. They seem a lot bigger though and I still have to go get a good cleaning and will recieve my pink glow in the dark retainer Thursday. ;D

Thursday of this week Drama began again at the school after not having a fall play because of the absence of finding a new director and such. If I liked Drama a lot before, I am pretty sure I love it now. :) It's so fun. Everything about it. I like that there are people in Drama with me that I may not have become friends with or got to known well otherwise. It's a little family, hehe. Aside from that, Drama allows me to gain more confidence and show another side of myself that people wouldn't expect of me. The Spring Musical we are doing is called "A Chorus Line" and the show probably won't be until early May. The new producer is terrific. She has much experience and even is a choreographer. Auditions were right after school Thursday and that "side of myself that people wouldn't expect of me" came out. =) My friend Abby and I decided months ago we wanted to become even more involved in the Drama Club this year now that we had an idea of how things were run behind the scenes and what went into the plays from our tech- experience. We were not looking for any star roles in the play, but we figured if we could get casted as an extra with a few lines or be a member of the chorus with everyone when they get to do the first and final songs/dances of the play that would be fun and more than enough. The only thing that sort of worried us was the singing part because we aren't singers but we figured if we wanted to be extras nobody would make us sing anything solo. It was funny because in the days leading up to Thursday Abby continually reminded me that if when we went to Drama Thursday and someone told us we had to sing we were "walking out, right then." xD

So Thursday afternoon came and Abby and I went to the auditorium auditions. Just staying after school like that brought back last year Drama memories, haha. :) We filled out the forms and went along with the audition. The point issss...Abby and I actually tried out for the play! I am still shocked. I don't know, but we became different people. It started when the music teacher walked in and gathered everyone around the piano to do vocal warm-ups. Abby and I stayed seated though, thinking y'know, we weren't singing because we hadn't come to sing. We didn't even bother getting a music sheet with the lyrics for the song try out people had to sing. After a few minutes of "lalalalaas" Abby turned to me and whispered "uhm..do you think, maybe, we should go over there, with them?" And I just looked at her so stunned because all week she was the anti-singer and now she was considering! Haha. Of course I agreed and so we snuck behind the other people around the piano and looked over shoulders at the words and followed the warm-up that I love because it sort of goes like this "zig zig zig zig zig zaah zah zah zah zah zaaaaaah." And it is is very fun to do! I even did it when I got home and the next day again, haha. Abby was even getting into it. Then everyone was told in groups of two, randomly picked, we have to sing part of the song "One" which we had just learned. I pretty much froze when my name was called to sing with someone who had tons of drama experience and so I sat there shaking my head and then someone else said that I would only sing with Abby. =P But Abby, was like, not saying anything. Haha then they called us to go next. We didn't want to sing in front of the group, only the teacher, so we sort of made a scene and I was already embarrassed. xD Abby and I decided we'd just go for it, get it over with. Neither of us had ever sang in front of anyone before [aside from big groups in elem. school] so we were nervous and afterwards we were so stunned we actually did it. xD It went pretty bad for me. I tried to sing along with Abby, but I guess I felt nervous and then words stopped coming out of my mouth so I sorta stopped in the middle then picked up stronger at the end when I felt more comfortable. But by then it was over, lol. :P That was quite an experience though! We did feel really proud of ourselves, I mean, that was huge! We knew by that point we were truly auditioning for this play 100%. After everyone else finished singing [many people, maybe more than half, you couldn't even hear them so all was good. :P], the new drama lady I'll call her, came over after reading how Abby had the most dance experience in the room [6yrs]. She explained to Abby that she'll definitaly be needed for all of the dancing this play consists of, particularly the ballet scene where she'd love to place Abby center stage. I was so happy for her! :) [P.S.- The icon for this paragraph is so from HSM! :)]

As the hour passed an acting tryout was next. After actually singing like I had just done for a little bit, when they called my name to come and read a paragraph in front of everyone it was truly a breeze. I simply ran right over. I love to read and if I try I can read very clearly and because it was Drama I added some emotion. This part was probably my favorite and went a lot better. xD It was so fun and so totally new. Afterwards Abby and I couldn't stop saying how unbelievable it was that we actually really tried out, haha. =)

So that was probably the most exciting day this week. :) Tuesday it will be posted who got the main parts and such, although I believe everyone who joined will be in the play and get to learn the rigorous dance and chorus songs for the performance. =D I am really excited and looking forward to everything. I'd absolutly love to learn a dance from a real choreographer and wear a costume on stage. :) It seems as though I am repeating what I did in elementary school. All those years back then I was known as being shy and quiet. Then in 6th grade I showed all my teachers and peers a more outgoing side when I, and yes, Abby, were the evil stepsisters in Cinderalla in a big play we had where I acted all goofyy on stage in front of the whole school and danced and even wore a wig. xD Stuff you wouldn't really see me doing. :P Now I can sort of repeat that. I've been pretty shy and quiet yet again 7th-11th grade, yet now that I am nearing my last year I'm coming out again, growing more comfortable, and willing/wanting to be on stage in front of people. xD It probably sounds so weird but it is so fun. Fun to enjoy all aspects of my personality and be able to feel carefree and have fun and sing and dance and just let go. :) It's nice, really nice. I like that I am a shy person too though, but once in awhile a person just has to break away from being quiet and watching from the side and actually get up there and join them. =P Now that I've tried out for the play I already feel more confident. Drama gives me more confidence. I sang that fun vocal warm up with Carol and Jon in my history class the other day. Like, oh em gee? :P Anywho I don't know for sure how things will progress with the play but I will be very happy simply to be a part of it, even if I just helped again. :)

I really have to clean my kitty's litter box now, I have sorta put it off an extra hour because I wanted to write this blog. Last night I spent over my friend's house where we really did have a lot of fun doing arts and crafts, watching a movie, and making up our first dance together! Yeaahyay. Fun fun. :) I volunteered my afternoon today at the library where I worked very hard nonstop! It was such a busy day there. xD Tonight I hope to play some WoW after I post this up and finish my novel. Have a great week everyone and don't be so shyyyyyyy. :)<3

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

finally...you were waiting for that day for a long time....so happy for ya....now ya need to put a pic up with those pearly whites...lol

Jenifer said...

finally...you were waiting for that day for a long time....so happy for ya....now ya need to put a pic up with those pearly whites...lol