Sunday, January 20, 2008



Seventeenth Birthday and More

A bit overdue I know, yet I started typing this birthday entry the day after my birthday it has still taken more than a week to actually post it. =P I turned officially 17 years old as of Friday, January 11th, 11:20am. :) Weird, Friday is also the exact day of the week I was born. I am not even sure if I'd be able to sum up my birthday in one word, but I guess I can try. Oh! Got it. =) It was fabulous! The day was fabulous, my friends were fabulous, the song "Fabulous" from HSM even played on the radio and I sang along making things more fabulous. =) I had one of the best, if not thee best, birthday ever. =D I say that truthfully with a smile on my face just thinking about it.

First of all, seventeen seems a lot older than sixteen for some reason. I don't necessarily "feel" older, but I was thinking the other night how I really have changed towards "acting" older, without even noticing it. This has occurred quickly too, like two years ago I was a lot different. I did half of the things I do today, and I don't know, there's more. I really have made some amazing memories being sixteen that I'll never forget, but I'm definately anxious for the ones I hope seventeen brings. =) ♥

I actually took the initiative and made some amazingly sweet plans with my friends to celebrate my turning 17.Friday night I picked up two of my bestest friends, Abby and Nicole, where we went out to eat, went to the mall, then went ice skating all in one unforgettable evening. =) I'll start first by mentioning my fun day at school!

I love going to school on my birthday. A friend asked me why I came since it was my birthday, but my other friend simply answered for me in a few words; "there's no place else she'd rather be!" =) So true, haha. I appreciate all the happy birthday wishes, it puts such a smile on my face. My Spanish teacher even privately sang happy birthday to me in Spanish. =) So sweet.

Right after school I excitedly got dressed and ready to go pick up my friends for our night out. Wow, it was seriously such a fun time. They even told me in breathless syllables how amazing of a time they had. That makes me feel unbelieveably good inside, knowing that they had fun with me and with what we did. =D We ate a good meal and the waitress knew it was my birthday [how, I still don't know, someone filled her in..but who? :P] and she brought me this fancy italian desert I cannot spell the name of nor remember exactly. It was alright tasting, had a distinct cream inside and chocolate chips that were good but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to eat it again. xD Then we took the car ride to the mall and even everytime we were in the car we had a lot of fun. The car has XM radio so I put on the "dance" channel, and they played hilarious beaty- dance songs Abby pretended she knew all her life. It was so fun. :) At one point I put the "kids" channel on, and I heard a familiar voice and I started freaking out I mean like, bobbing in my seat and waving my hands and saying "OH. MY. GOSH." and going "shhhhhhh!", as I started to sing along to yes, Zac Efron singing "Bet On It" from HSM. It was so great because Abby even sang with me and freaked out just as much [turns out she likes his fierce moves in the video for it]. It was terrific and I freaked out because not only was Zac singing on my birthday but I never ever heard HSM songs on the radio hahaha. :P Once we got to the mall our fun really picked up. Ice skating didn't start until 7:30-10, so we had a good hour and half or so to kill. We went wandering around aimlessly and went into random stores, like the dollar store, and took really funny pictures of each other. Abby even bought some bibs for her and a friend and we bought some super tasty milkshakes. :P I will tack a few silly pictures of my friends and I at the mall at the end of this blog entry. =) Haha, I actually, just remembered this really funny experience. After posing like mannequins and sitting in chairs, Abby left her bag of bibs somewhere and we were leaving, walking past store managers, when Abby suddenly screamed "Oh my gosh where are my bibs!!!!!" I pretty much died laughing while running back after her around the store to find them. Oh my gosh, my stomach hurt. I mean really, what must those poor store managers have thought of us? xD We are the goofiest and most unique threesome you'll ever meet.

We made perfect timing for everything throughout the evening, so once we were done at the mall, boom, ice skating time. =) Nicole and I hadn't gone ice skating in over 5 years, and Abby goes regularly with relatives so she most definitately did the best of everyone. I really loved the idea of going skating because it was something I hadn't done in a long time, making it new and exciting. =) I was really wobbly at first on the ice, a true wall-hugger. I was impressed at Nicole staying towards the middle. After a good hour I'd say, I got more of the hang of it and my friends and I, we all held onto each other until we were more comfortable and then started to go good for awhile. It was so so much fun. Nobody fell at all for a very long time. I was enjoying myself, my father was taping it all too! I love the footage. =) Ice skating is really hard though, I think. It really takes some practice and it's scary sometimes too but it sure is fun. =) Probably wasn't until around the last hour and a half that my friends and I started falling. Abby would come up, push my back to make me go faster causing me to fall, latch onto Nicole, and pull her down with me then we spun. :P A second time we three fell because we were all holding on and going fast I think, and it was like a chain of falls. Around then this boy kept coming by asking us girls if we were okay. It was nice, I'll admit, yet I assumed he worked there but turned out he didn't. :P Towards the last half hour my friends and I were standing on the ice and just talking when that guy came and just started talking to Abby. It was funny because Abby always attracts these, certain types, of guys. I was listening and waiting for the moment when he'd ask for her number [which his friend had to do because he was "too afraid"] because I knew that was coming next but she wasn't interested at all like that. :P Pretty funny, haha. It was around these last 15 minutes when this one kid, going really fast and using what Abby calls a "steel banana" and he bumped into me, making me knees buckle, and splat, I hit the ice extremely hard on my butt. xD I had made through the whole night without any accidents, and then one happens not of my own doing even. =P He never even said anything to me either, just kept going, as I sat there, waiting to regain strength to try standing. :P I mean I'm fine, but am just sore because I slammed down so suddenly. :P I was sad when the night was over because it was so fun. =) Made a good chunk of memories with some great girls. :)

Saturday I had my friend Heather over for the entire day in hopes of us "partying". xD We tried too, and it was still fun. I like having her over, it seems she comes over a lot more often these days. =) We played music and danced, actually, I danced and then my brother got real into doing the slide with me and we did it together and that was a lot of fun to do. xD Heather and I did learn Soulja Boy's Crank That dance steps though, which was just well, plain hilarious. =P

If you're wondering what I got for my birthday in the present area, I received a good amount of clothes, accessories, a purse, a poster, a frog that lights up (thank you Jen=), a CD, a DVD, a nice amount of money, and World of Warcraft! =D Everything was great. WoW is really fun and I plan to play it as often as possible, and maybe write blogs on some of my adventures too. :) I never thought I'd be a true player of WoW but things happen! =P

Life has just been busy and this blog entry is only getting longer because I keep adding to it everyday. School has been busy with homework and midterms. I've been tutoring and volunteering in my spare time as well. My dog's health had been deterioating rapidly yet these past few days she has seemed extremely well. I'm also getting my braces off Tuesday morning, and I changed my current song under my profile. =) This sums up a few things. I'll try to write again sooner without these long breaks resulting in looong entries. =P Adios!

Here are just a few of my favorite pics from my birthday weekend! :)





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was a LONG post! o.O hahaha. Your birthday sounded fun! I wish my last birthday was as great as yours! Haha. I had a pretty bad one cuz I had to write a test that day. it sucked like hell *GROWLS* lol and it was so sweet of your spanish teacher to sing for you! Being 17 is gonna be great! =D

Anonymous said...

Happy Late birthday!!!
Sounds like you had fun :)
The ice skating sounded cool.
I turn 18 next month :D
Yay!

<3

Ashlee said...

Ah this is like my gazillionth time commenting and I finally figured out how to show the post while commenting. w00t!

HAPPY BELATED 17TH BIRTHDAY, CAITLIN!!!

I know what you mean. Seventeen seems so much older than sixteen for reasons unknown. Glad you had a "fabulous" time :)

Everything sounded like a blast -- except maybe the iceskating. Too many memories of busting my bottom with that activity lol. Hope yours is feeling better by now!

Aww I LOVE when friends or relatives tell the waiter that it's your birthday without you knowing it. Especially when you get a free dessert :P

After reading the story about the boy at the iceskating rink, I'm curious to know which friend is Abby. I'm leaning towards the girl in the hoodie though. Not sure why.

LOL. "Bet On It". I love it.

Alphabet Soup said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had an AWESOME birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Really long post!

Happy belated birthday!