Sunday, January 06, 2008



Growing Up Is Hard To Do!

I was just looking through some of the things that other's have posted on the blog and instead of commenting on every one individually I thought that I would just dedicate this entry to just that. First I would like to give Buddy Foote and Caitlin and big thumbs up on the excellent work that they did on putting this blog together.....Great Job Guys!! It really does look amazing, the layout is wonderful and there are so many fun things on it. I know that I posted a blog already about Lakeland and how you will feel once you leave there and yada yada, but I noticed that Caitlin mentioned some things in her last entry about having a talk with a few of her friends about what they plan to do following graduation and what not. I am not going to lecture (advise) you all that I have previously done, I just would like to make some comments and tell you all that growing up is hard to do. I am not trying to scare you or anything like that, maybe this is just a warning about "The Real World", and I am not talking about the MTV reality show, I am talking about the world that we live in, the world that we all must wake up to face each day. You may say things about Lakeland now, and what a bunch of jerks (I am not going to use the word that Stephen used when commenting my previous entry on this) the teachers are or whatever, but trust me on this one, graduation will be sad, you will cry, laugh and have all sorts of emotions running through you like a childhood sugar high. I know that you have all said things to your parent's time and time again like "I can't wait til I can move out of this house, so I could make my own rules, and won't have to listen to yours". Trust me on this one, listen to your parent's rules as long as you could. You may think that being on your own is all fun and games, but in reality, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. Sure you are still going to be unsure about where you want to go in life and what you want to achieve, but sooner or later you will figure it all out, and you will know when the right path has come, you will feel it. Maybe you are stuck between a rock and a hard plate trying to decide between colleges, maybe you don't even know if you want to attend college immediatley after graduation. It's your life, you have to live it the way that you feel is suitable. No one is going to live your life for you, no one is going to pay your bills, cook your meals, or put a roof over your head, so enjoy every minute or the remainder of your high school days, they pass quick.....way tooo quick.....It's like the song by Kenney Chesney called Don't Blink..... "Don't Blink, cuz just like that , you're 6 years old and you take a nap, then you wake up and you're 25 and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife".......that is the truth.....enjoy life, you only get one!

Live~Love~Laugh~

xoxo...
Jenifer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your entries Jen =)

You say things that really make a lot of sense. When my friends and I were talking, we mentioned how it's going to be hard, just like you said, with a lot of change happening. We want to make the best of our last two years in high school, yet we can't believe how quickly time has passed. It's going to be sad when we're having our last "first day of school" and things like that.

I know that song "Don't Blink" too, hehe, it's good. :) I'm glad you like the blog layout toooo!

[By the way, your avatar looks great!!]