Monday, January 28, 2008



WoW Stories Around the Blogfire: Part 1

World of Warcraft is similar to real life in a few ways. Some can point fingers at the economy, the community, the wars, etc. but the one essential element that every player of World of Warcraft shares are the memories of their many adventures. Nobody goes through the epic quest from level one to seventy too totally brainwashed to remember any monumental events that have taken place, no matter how minor or major they were. However, to keep an account of one's journeys throughout the endless realms of Azeroth enables the individual to easily recall what happenings had taken place without doubt. Thanks to Blizzard, the players are allowed to take in-game screenshots with the press of a button, which then automatically saves in an automatically destined folder. With the power of a picture being worth a thousand words (however I dislike that thought as I'm a man of captions), players can recount their playing time by viewing their photo album of their toon's life. That may be very nice, but to share these pictures and adventures with other players and even non-players, maybe as a method to lure them into the game, would be much nicer. I haven't looked throughout the internet yet for any such accounts, but why do such when I can present my tales for other's reading pleasure. Therefore I present to you a new lil' thing I'll be doing on the blog every now and then:

WoW Stories Around the Blogfire






In the two pictures shown above was a raid that took place at Undercity just yesterday. There was a bug/glitch last night and the servers were down for battlegrounds, Outland instances, and arenas. Therefore, the high level players didn't know what the hell to do to suit their taste for some PVP action. Why not raid a major city then? I was sitting around in Undercity while doing my AP chemistry homework when I noticed the large amount of complaints in the trade chat channel about the servers going down. I also noticed that some people were trying to put a raid together to attack the Alliance city of Exodar, however it's uncertain as to how the outcome of that raid was, or even if a group was put together. After awhile, I went outside of Undercity to escape the mass of chatter in trade chat as I was trying to talk in my guild and to Caitlin, who was on at the time. I know a simple '/leave trade' would have solved the same problem, but I wanted to be a loiter outside, especially in the fresh, or shall I say, rotten air of Trisfal Glades. I was chatting, while editing my homework, when I noticed in both world and local defense that Undercity was under attack. At this point, I was rushing inside of the city when I heard shouts that the raid group were in the sewers. I then dashed back outside, trying to find the entrance to the sewers, but I failed miserably in doing so. Knowing that I was wasting time away from experiencing my first raid on the Horde, I ran back into the city to go to the sewers the long way. However, at this point, trade chant roared with shouts that the raid was already in the royal chambers, trying to kill Lady Sylvanas Windrunner. I quickly ran to the chamber to find the Alliance raid group preparing for the battle with the queen and her servants, including her demonic guard. The Horde of Undercity didn't take much part in fighting the Alliance as we would rather watch the onslaught that our Lady would lay upon the group. The Alliance soon struck, and the guards of Undercity, as well as our Lady, went after the group. The part that I found amusing, as you can see in the second picture above, is that only one person was attacking the queen. The other twenty-nine or so Alliance were focused on fighting the guards. The final outcome of the raid was that the whole raid wiped, getting Lady Windrunner down to only 99% health, and they didn't come back. I was a bit dissatisfied, however. I was hoping for a more epic battle with the Horde players actually grouping together to participate, but we just sat around as spectators with a select few trying to fight, but really -- one or two Horde against thirty Alliance; there's not a chance of survival there. I would've tried to fight, even though I was only level 52, but I'm not a good 1 vs 1 player, nevertheless 1 vs 30. And, well, the fact that they were mostly all question marks to me. I'll get my revenge at 70.








After the raid took place, I went back to the bank in Undercity to stand around while talking about this and that in guild chat, reporting to them the events that took place. After a little while, the general chat chimed with the text 'Undercity is under attack' again. Without thought I headed to the sewers, as that seems to be the only way that the Alliance seem to enter Undercity. I was correct in my decision. With my humanoid tracking on, I was able to scout out a single red dot located at the end of a pipe in the sewers. As I walked toward the level ?? human warlock, I noticed that a level 55 night elf druid was too present, however he was in his cat form and in stealth. If it wasn't for me accidentally walking on top of him, I wouldn't even had known he was there. I stood around, we waved to each other, then I left. However, I spotted a level 70 undead warlock too in the sewers, and I led him to where the other two Alliance were. I followed him back to the spot where they were standing, and we stood there for a very long time, with the 70 and I talking a bit. Then, out of nowhere, my undead warlock comrade attacked the other warlock. Without thinking, I did the same thing, using my bestial wrath spell to actually do some damage. Oh shit! I forgot about the druid! While attacking the warlock, I notice the druid, still in cat form, rushing at me. I lay down a trap to freeze him, however he evaded it, and began attacking me. I don't know how, but I was getting good distances from the druid to do some range damage without him being right next to me throughout the whole battle -- the biggest weakness for hunters. We were both losing health at the same rate, and I knew that I would probably go down before him. However, lucky for me, the two level 65 guards spawned back at this time, aiding in my task to wipe out the druid, while the undead warlock killed the human. It was a good battle, and a good time. The warlock and I talked for about five minutes while we stood over our victim's dead bodies, and then we went our separate ways.




That's all the stories I have to recount for today, however I have many more to tell, but time doesn't allow me to fit them all into one entry. Therefore, I hope you anticipate the other parts to this series and enjoyed the one I presented to you today.

Have a good one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a gamer (well, actually I'm not at all a gamer, apart from the occasional Super Mario games I played when I was a kid) so, I really can't relate to this post in any way. Though, the graphics cool kind of cool :P

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at the old screenies of an MMORPG I've stopped playing -- Lineage II. Ah, the good old memories... I'm taking as many screenies in Guild Wars now! :D

Unknown said...

I don't play anything other than the occasional Diablo II and that's only because my siblings want me to.
Coincidentally, there was a "Gamers Day" sort of thing at my school today and WoW was what they were playing. =)

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend used to be really into WoW before we met, but he stopped because he got too involved in it and started neglecting everything else :\

Anonymous said...

hi, Cool blog!! i like your blog, keep the good work and will visit again, stay cool~