Saturday, January 05, 2008



Let's Start the Year Off Right

"Just aimless with each other - is what we do"

Be a dork.My first entry of 2008...will be good. :) I hope. Well, I'll start by saying I updated/altered my mini-profile over on the left hand side. I like it more now. ^_^ I had a terrific New Years and my mini-week back at school had been great. I mentioned in my last entry that I was spending New Years with my two superly friends and I did just that. The hours leading up to midnight we spent dancing to "Pump it Up" but after we got too hot we stopped and spent about three hours talking. I love when we talk like that, and it can't be forced. We call them "talks", [ha, yeah, good name] and we had a great one the day I had them sleepover my house, and we had a nice one that night too. I don't think I would have wanted to end the year any other way. We talked a lot about college and our plans of what we might want to do, and what our parents keep telling us, and how we're unsure/sad/scared, and it was pretty serious. The best part is how closely we can all relate though. We had a long moment of silence when Nicole brought up that next New Years will be out last in a way, and a lot of "lasts" are going to make us really sad. I'm sure we could have all cried if we let ourselves. :P It's tough. Even the people that don't care for school, the work, or the building/people itself, you're going to miss something when you leave, and you can't tell me otherwise. :P Even yesterday, when I was in study hall for gym with Nicole and 1 other friend [the rest of the class was who knows where], well the other friend was talking with us about graduation and the whole "wow I can't believe it" sort of stuff, and life after it. Going to grade school and whatnot with these people our age who we see every single day are family in an odd-related way. If you think hard about it, the memories of funny teachers, scary teachers, tough assignments, goofy recesses, world events, and pointless secrets are shared among everyone. We all share the same memories, and very different ones at the same time. We went through things together, grew up together. It's just going to be different when it's all gone. Especially if after high school you're moving out of state to another school on your own. Those people have to make new friends from scratch, it's like a new life. I'm excited for the future but sad at the same time.

NYC, baby.Anyway, by the time we finished our conversation it was time to watch the ball drop. I like watching the ball drop. I want to go to NYC and see it in person some year. That is one of my life goals. That and also going to NYC for one of those Macy's parades, because I love parades. I've only been to New York once, so I'd really like to go again. :P After those festivities, my friends and I went downstairs to Abby's sister's room until it was time to leave for the paper route [oh yeah, we went alright!] Her sister is a Psych major in college, so she was quizzing Nicole and I [psych class takers] on Psych. I think I got a little too excited when I started answering questions and stuff. I mean, it had been over a week since school and classes, and I loved remembering Psych stuff at 1am on New Years day. =) hehe.

Papa rootin.Paper Routing was a blaaaaast! As always. This time, since it was my second, I got to deliver papers like the rest instead of just fold. It's fun and you have to pay good attention to directions/commands like "On the rungs! Between the doors! On the stoop! In the tube!" :P And it's good exercise for 2-4 in the morning when you're jumping in and out of a car every block. xD Haha, wow, love it. We stopped at the gas station again too, as routine. When we walked in Abby showed me the High School Musical display they had there with Zac and other things all over. [yeah, but it was sorta expensive:P] It was like 3 bucks for Zac's face on a pin, and I wasn't sure if his face was worth that much, because it's worth much more actually. :P They had book sox, locker poster stickers, and folders too. I bought a High School Musical folder and I loveee it! It's light purple with drawings all over/scribbles and stars, and on the inner pockets it has the cast names. I had money thanks to the very generous payment I receive for paper routing. I feel it's unneccessary and very kind, yet we really get paid. :o

Office castI slept maybe 4 hours that night and not enough the next for I had school to wake up early too. It wasn't bad though. :) I have a Spanish Skit due Tuesday, a scene in a restaurant. I think it will be fun. I have to memorize my lines though. Yesterday I went to my friend Nicole's house and spent the night. It was last minute and fantastic! =) Hehe, love her. I had a lot of fun. She got Guitar Hero for Christmas, so I got to try that out. Once I got the hang of it I was really getting into it. It's so fun! :) Then we sang karaoke, and Nicole has a beautiful voice, so when I sing with her I feel more confident and just went for it and sang. I didn't do horrible like you'd think. xD It was incredibly fun. I mean, reallly fun. =) We then watched some of the show "The Office" because Nicole got season 3 on DVD for Christmas too and that show is really funny if you've never seen it. It can have some, I don't know, inappropiate humor sometimes, but it's so random, so in my city, and so like my friends. :P We watched a couple episodes since they're short. Haha, but pretty funny. :) My English teacher raves about that show a lot and one day she made us do the chant from the show and dance. It was embarrassing, but hilarious. xD I'm guessing this entry can be about over now. Hopefully I can write again real soon. Have a good one. :)


"On account of my transgression..Will you welcome this confession?"

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Sounds like your New Year's was amazing!!! The first half of mine was great but the second half -- AFTER midnight hit -- sucked. Bad. But everything's been mended since so there's really no point in mentioning it :P

Haha LOVE the new mini-profile. I love bows but they never look right on me. Zefron. I'll take a slice. How are you liking The Lovely Bones? Read it a year or so ago but I think it's one of those books I need to read again when I'm older.

I really agree with your talk of missing school. Even the kids who say they hate it, I do believe they'll miss it. It's the little things too, you know? (I'm pretty sure you found out by now I'm homeschooled but in case not, well, now you know lol!) Like, I had never thought of what I would be missing out on besides football games, dances, graduation, etc. But one of my friends pointed out how I wouldn't be there for the random laugh-out-loud moments. That one was the worst for some reason...

Ew. Vanessa Hudgens. On the TV. I really don't like her. And it's not just because of her connection to Zefron.

Okay before I go on a major ranting spree about someone I don't even know, I better wrap this up. Can't wait to see the new layout you mentioned on your site!!

Anonymous said...

It is so true. Even if you do not like school, you know you are going to miss it when you graduate. When I graduated from elementary school, I missed some of the classes I never took that much in High School.

It would be nice to see the ball drop in NYC. I can't remember the last time I was there.