Sunday, January 27, 2008



WoW Update

Right now there is a server shutdown on World of Warcraft for most realms, so I figured I would come on to type up an entry about the game itself. My inactivity at the blog is due to my heightened addiction toward WoW. I'm at the point in the game where I'm experiencing new things that I never encountered before, as the highest level I ever was prior to my current toon was 47. I'm entering zones I never set foot in before, fighting monsters that I never fought before, and doing quests that I never did before. I can't say much for instances, however. The first instance I did since Wailing Caverns (and not counting the time I soloed Shadowfang Keep when I was farming light leather from the worgens and beasts there) was the Sunken Temple, and that was just a run with the purpose of completing my level 50 hunter quest for my new beloved weapon -- the hunter spear. I'm not much of an instance kind-of-guy. I really don't like to group up, as I feel like I'm obligated to have to do whatever the group wants to do. In terms of instances, I feel like I can't leave the party and do something in real life as they'll be angry at me. But really, why should I care? They're strangers sitting at a computer in some section of the world that I never met before. Why should I care about their feelings and motives? Well, that's the problem with the world today. People don't care about that other human being present at a computer somewhere, and they bash each other verbally without fear of actual harm. Try saying half the things said in WoW or any other online game or community to somebody in real life and see how long it takes before getting punched in the face. Wow, I'm getting a little off-topic here.

My troll hunter, Eragoin, on the PvE server of Whisperwind is currently level 52. This is the only toon I'm working on because I'm eager to finally reach the current maximum level of 70. I want to actually experience the raids at 70 as well as instances before the game expands with "The Wrath of the Lich King". I should definitely reach 70 at the start of the summer, if not sooner. I'm giving myself a lot of time, however, because I'm unaware if school will keep me busy anytime soon. If I play the way I am nowadays, I may turn 70 in March. I really don't have an desire to start another toon. I love hunters, and I love trolls. I tried other classes in the past, such as mages, rogues, warriors, etc. and I just didn't like them. I would like to try a tauren druid, but that's only if I'm extremely bored on Eragoin.

I recently deleted my other toon, a level 47 dwarf hunter on Azgalor (Buddyfoote), because I decided that I wanted to be Horde-only. I do have a level 13 gnome mage on my home server of Whisperwind, but I'll only use him as a spy in terms to scout out cities to raid. I had too many flaws with my dwarf hunter, and I decided that he had to go. He was the wrong spec, had the wrong pet, had the wrong armor, etc. and I just became detached from him. The leading cause was because of the server type -- PVP, which I dreaded dearly. The fear of being attacked wherever I was caused way too much anxiety for me to handle. I could have whipped out twenty-five dollars and transferred Buddyfoote to Whisperwind, but like I said, I began to disdain the toon. Plus, I really like the community on the Horde. It's almost the same as the Alliance -- you have the dicks and you have the nicest people in the world, but I tend to run into the nice people more than the dicks on the Horde. The guild that I belong to, Gnome Squishing Inc., illustrates how nice my faction is on my server. It's a great mature family of friends. I love my guild as we have very intelligent conversations about this, that, and whatever. Kudos to you guys.

I would like to write more, especially since I'm in the mood, as well as post some WoW pictures that I took, however I'm being called upon by my mother. And you have to add the fact that I have school tomorrow and I need to get some sleep.

Have a good one.

No comments: