Saturday, February 18, 2006

Runescape Report

The following is the layout of my day today:
  • 12:00 -- Mother yells at me to get up because one of our recycable bins blew across main street. With my eyes practically closed, I cross the street, almost getting hit by a car, and slipping on newly fallen snow.
  • Around 1:00 -- I turn Runescape on, being on my desktop computer.
  • Around 5 or 6:00 -- Supper.
  • After Supper: I turn on Runescape, being on my laptop computer.
  • 11:50 -- I get off of Runescape, tired as all hell and eyes bloodshot.
I had a lot in mind today. One was going over Craig's house, getting him, and coming back to play catch with a football. Well, I didn't watch the weather in a while (even though I had the Weather Channel on for an hour last night) and it happened to snow during last night. That destroyed plans for a bike ride or playing catch, unless we wanted to kill ourselves on ice. Second, I was supposed to go to some home show in Wilkes-Barre with my father. I don't know why but he took my grandfather instead. Third, I was going to take some pictures of birds outside today. Yesterday and the day before I saw groups of birds flying around but was too busy playing Runescape to get my digital camera and go outside. Today, all I saw was a barren artic wasteland with an inch of snow on the ground and no birds to be found anywhere when I woke up this morning. Also I didn't see any birds when I ran across the street to retrieve the recycable bin but of course my eyes were closed so there might've been a damn bird right in front of me. So when all my plans fail, I turn my computer on and play Runescape. And that's exactly what I did. Now if there was a power outage, my plan would be to live it like my grandparents did.

A lot happened today in Runescape. I don't remember where I started the day at. Way too much happened. I think I began my Runescapean day in the Ardounage Zoo with my rune halbred on me fighting the jogres and cyclomps. (I think I actually spelt cyclomps right.) Last night (I was on until two in the morning again) after getting my theiving to 38 for the purpose of getting better seeds by pickpocketing master farmers, I went to the Ardounage Zoo with high hopes of getting my combat level up. I soon then signed off. Today, I was only in the Ardounage Zoo for a little while when Craig PMed me asking if I wanted to do the Sheild of Arrav quest with him, being that he was a free-to-play player at the time because he lost members for a while and wanted to get a requirement for the Hero's Quest while he was in that horrible state. I refused to at first saying that I was busying getting my combat up, but after arguing with him, I gave up and walked over to Varrock. I thought it would be better for myself too if I got the quest over with besides waiting for a stranger to help me with it. We flew through the quest, got the single quest point, and seperated our ways. Craig went to Karjamia Island to get his cooking and fishing up (other requirements for the Hero's Quest) and I went to Barbearien Village on a free-to-play world to get my cooking up. We decided to do Hero's Quest together also and he wants to do it ASAP and I have a ton of requirements to get for it. After getting feathers and a fly-fishing rod from Port Sarim and the farm south of Varrock, I went to the village's fishing spot to fish, with my rune axe and tinderbox on me to start fires.

I must say the free-to-play community is a funny bunch. I felt some pride seeing all the green names of players walking around me with the few red and orange ones (or forest green) around also. After catching salmon and trout and cooking them, I would just give them away for free or if nobody traded with me, I'd just drop them. It's quite humorous when people stand in a crowd around a normal tree shouting, "Need fire!" I felt like their savor with my tinderbox and axe. I had my rune halbred on me (a member-only object) to see what comments I would get. (Just a quick note: Craig has members again.) I got comments like "Awesome weapon!", "How much for hally?", "Nice hally", etc. I just got a weird kick out of doing that. What really got me mad was how immature some people were. I started a fire right at a fishing spot where others were fishing to cook my fish. I swear, if I heard one more "I'm on fire! Aahhhh!", "Yes! Burn them!" or "Toasty" that I was going to go crazy. But then I set fires there from then on on purpose just for the joy of hearing their screams so I can't say that I'm not immature in that department of hardware.

A lot more happened inbetween, but I can't remember the order. Anyway, I then traveled to Draynor Village the long way (going across the bridge from Barbearian Village, going into Varrock, going south through the farm, and then through the forest behind Lumbridge) because I thought I'd find a master farmer on the way (but there were only normal farmers) so that I could get some good seeds.I think I was on a pay-to-play/member server by now. I wanted to go to Encrtea Island (I can't spell so please bear with it) so that I could invest my income into the herblore shop there. I had to go to Draynor to strip myself of any weapons and armour. I went, got the items I wanted, and came back. Before going and after going, I was pickpocketing the master farmers in Dranor Village for their seeds, and I got some fairly good seeds. I then traveled through Falador, over White Wolf Mountain, and into Caterby to resume cooking. But first I wanted to have crops growing at the full farm behind Caterby at the same time. This system took me a while to set in, but I got my cabbage and marentill seeds out of the bank and planted them. Then I went down and fished a bit, catching mackeral and cod, and went back every once in a while to water my cabbage. My cabbage never got a disease because I had a mature rosemary flower sitting around in the flower patch. I then switched to a harpoon to catch tuna and swordfish with after my cooking reached the requirement to cook swordfish, burning half the fish I caught.

I then got some herblore going on too. I found some unids (unidentified herbs) in my bank that were guam leaves. (Hear this first. I thought that there were guam leaves growing behind Gertude's house outside of Varrock earlier today when in fact I was wrong and they were doogle leaves which are only used to spice up a cat's meal.) I got them, my vials I bought earlier, and the eyes of newt I bought earlier, and made some attack potions. At this point, my herblore level was high enough to make anti-posion potions. So, I grabbed the marentill herbs I grew yesterday and some I grew today and made the potions, killing the nearby unicorns for their horns. It's strange how this weird, little system worked out for me. Even before all of this when I first got to Caterby, I was discussing with Craig how he got his guam leaves when I passed the Caterby bank and found a single guam leaf lying on the ground. Well, at this point, I was frying my fish black way too much and after looking at the skill calculators on RuneHQ, I figured this would take the remainder of my holiday vacation. So, I finished up farming, get my last batch of marentill herbs which only got me four herbs (I was pissed about this because I received six and seven herbs prior to that batch) and teleported to Varrock. Earlier today, I got my magic up to be able to teleport to Varrock and at the Caterby bank, some guy was selling three law runes, three death runes, and four unids for 900 gp so I took them. Also I had bought the fire, earth, and water staffs today at Varrock after finishing the quest with Craig. And before I turned the game off, I found out I already had seven law runes in the bank. I figured that I would get my cooking up faster in the Cooking Guild because it had a jar and grape respawn point there, which when water and grapes combine and sit for a while, you get a jar of wine. A jar of wine, when made, gives you 200 cooking exp. More than the exp a swordfish or tuna gave you, in which I burnt half of those. But story short, half of my wines went bad and the spawning of the two items took too long so I should've stuck with fishing.

Like I said before, tons more happened inbetween but that's just the low-down of the major events. You're probably wondering why I wrote a novel here to tell you this. Well, because if you never played Runescape, reading this will cause your brain to hurt and make you feel like you're on some drugs possibly, unless you're into midevil kind of stories. Or if you play Runescape, you might enjoy the tales I tell. In my searches, there aren't too many Runescape-related blogs out there, so I hope this blog can gain some dignity because of that. Also when I reach combat level 123 and all my skills besides some combat-related ones are all 99, you'll be able to see how that all unfolded. Yea...I wish my combat and skill levels were that high. Even in two years they wouldn't reach that point.

Here's my plan:
  • Tomorrow: Finish getting cooking to required level for Hero's Quest. Get mining to required level (only two levels away). Do the Merlin's Crystal quest, a required quest. Maximun that I'd do tomorrow: Get herblore-related items to raise the level in the skill. Get magic up.
  • Monday: Do the Lost City quest. Hopefully...
  • During the school week: Train on giants, moss giants, or ogres with my dragon long if and only if I do the Lost City quest on Monday. Get herblore to required level. Maximum that I'd do during the business week: Get money by chopping yews.
I have many problems with this plan. First, it'll never happen. I planned on getting my cooking to the requirement today but I only got half-way there. Craig beat me to it. However I do plan on getting the Merlin's Crystal quest done tomorrow for sure. Actually...tomorrow is today at this current point in time...but oh well, I'm still saying tomorrow. Also I plan on getting my mining to meet the requirements because it's only two levels off. I'll power mine the iron in the Ardounage Mine and drop it, so if you want free iron, come to World 83 (only if it's not too full) to get some. (By the way, my offical free-to-play world is World 87.) Anyway, whatever happens will happen. I'm rushing because Craig, like I said, wants to do the quest ASAP, otherwise I'd take my good ol' time getting my skills up. But Craig is doing a good thing for me. Not only will I be able to get through the Hero's Quest with somebody I know and trust, but my skills will get higher now, and level up faster, besides them just sitting around at low levels. My only skills below ten currently is range and smithing. Thank you Craig.

Well, I'm off to bed. I probably forgot to say a lot of things but it's 1:11 AM on Sunday morning and I'm pooped. Time to proofread what I wrote so that I won't make more of a fool out of myself than I already did in many parts of this post. Here's two Runescape pictures. Have a good one.

Runescape Pictures taken on February 18th, 2005:


1 comment:

Callen Damornen said...

Sounds fun! I have an addiction to Civilization. Hard to stop the game once I get started.

Cellular Phone Place
Travel Peaks