Sunday, February 26, 2006

Still Away From Home

As the answering machine on the phone's charger nearby beeps every three seconds, I am sitting on my sister's computer once again typing up another blog entry. Yes, I'm still here. Like I said, you could practically call their house my house too. It's almost like they adopted me. Hell, they even straighted up their old bedroom which is the guest room now as my own room yesterday. It was a pretty convient transfer too because I used to always sleep on their couch in the living room everytime I slept over, even though on Friday night I accidentally fell asleep in their bed which is a double pillow-top matress. That bed is just too comfortable. It shakes like a water bed when you sit on it, but there's no water to be found anywhere in the depths of the bed. But their couch is comfortable and I didn't mind sleeping on it. Even though every single time in the morning I got up from sleeping on the couch I'd only have one sock on (with the reason why still unknown), it was a very comfortable sleeping environment. Actually any couch is more comfortable than my old matress was. If you pressed your pinky finger down upon that old matress you could feel the bars of my bed below. To be honest with you, I don't even know why I'm talking about matresses when I was orginally talking about my sister's apartment in general...

Anyhow, a lot happened here yesterday. A lot more than what happened Friday evening in which was a very tiring day for some odd reason. For one, my sister got her unemployment check in the mail from the state because my sister and her husband were laid off from work around last month and late December. There wasn't too much work so they didn't need them. That seems to be a regular pattern happening in Northeastern Pennsylvania nowadays. Anyway, back to the check. The funny part was that my brother-in-law was expecting his unemployment check and was axnious as all hell for the mail to come so he could see if he got it. He was on the phone at the time the mail carrier came around so my sister ran down the stairs to retrieve the mail. She came up saying that he didn't get any check -- but that she got one. Well, they both practically shit themselves because neither of them expected her to get an unemployment check. But with the check, my brother-in-law wanted to go shopping for a new keyboard so that they could get rid of their dinosaur one and maybe one of those clear, plastic mats that you place on top of a rug floor for a desk chair to roll around with ease. So we all got ready and went to go cash the check at a store in Dunmore and headed toward Circuit City located in the business district of Dickson City. I took my camera with me to take pictures which you'll see posted later on. My brother-in-law spotted a cheap $20 black keyboard that felt comfortable to them (they opened the box to feel the keys) and for that low price, they bought it. Now stopping at OfficeMax later on to look for a mouse pad and a clear, plastic mat (in which both of those were bought), they found the same keyboard in which the price was five dollars cheaper than what it was at Circuit City, so he was a little ticked about that. So after stopping at the car wash, we went back "home".

The plot then thickened from there on. My brother-in-law had to go to work and I was supposed to head home. However my sister and brother-in-law wanted me to stay for another night but my mother stated that my father needed me to help him with the garage door opener. She also stated that I could come back up after I helped him, but I knew that was a plan to convience me to go home without a fight. Now I'm a cunning mastermind when it comes to getting my demands met, and contacted right on the head of the nail. I left my web cam and $300 new digital Nikon 4800 with case and accesories here at my sister's. Plan was: if she said that I couldn't come back, my mother, then I would say I wanted to go outside to take a picture of a bird or something, because I would be "depressed" that I couldn't go back to my sister's. Upon looking into my plastic bag holding my belongings, I wouldn't find my camera anywhere and I would say that I must've left it at my sister's. I did that part of the plan later on when I went home (and my father didn't need me because he found a way to do the task by himself without me). Then my mother started freaking out at me and exclaiming how my father was going to have my head over this newly developed issue. Well, she wasn't going to push into the plan so I did the fake cry and depression that I'm just so good at. I have a hard time crying without actually being very emotional over something, so I just thought about my cat, Pumpkin, who recently died and the good times I had with him. That worked and I started tearing. Long story short, my demands were met and my sister found herself coming back down to my house to get me.

And to make another long story short (just because my brother-in-law wants to use the computer to check his mail and the whatnot), I went to my brother-in-law's job with my sister around six in the evening yesterday to get something to eat and just to say hello. Yet again, he works at a bar/restaurant in the kitchen as a cook, and damn is his cooking good. So my sister and I had some of his cooking and shot some pool. I never really shot pool before besides on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in which I learned how to play the game on there and how it worked with stripes and solids and everything, so it was a new and fun experience, and I got slightly addicted to it.

Well, I have to go write my own description of a cyclomps, study, and think about my speech that is due in two days (in which I didn't even start an aspect of it yet), so maker sure you have a good one. Here's your pictures:

Taken on 2/25/06 (yesterday) on the road to Circuit City and back:













EDIT on March 15th, 2006: Some of the thumbnails when clicked on to view the thumbnail as a larger picture would relocate the reader to Imageshack's home page besides the page for the picture that it's supposed to link you to. This has been fixed by uploading the pictures that had the problem again and changing the HTML a bit. Now all of the pictures should work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha that's cool.. I find it fun to recognize those pictures and places =P

Didn't start your speech yet? I think I'm doing mine wrong..
-shrugs-

Oh.. I wanted to tell you I probably won't neccessarily write my blog entries at blogger because..but I'm gonna keep it to comment..maybe you'll be online later this evening cuz I wanna ask if you'll be my affiliate..and something else maybe..hm this is a long comment..

i'll make it longer..

and longer

and LongerrrRrRrr

k =]

-bye

Jenifer said...

I am so glad that you are telling everyone about me and Bobby's financial status, but it's cool. I am also glad that you told the blogger community that I got a new keyboard and I don't have one from the stone age anymore :) , but we did have alot of fun that day and you took some interesting pics in our travels :) , well byes....