Sunday, February 05, 2006

Superbowl Sunday

Oh God. I cannot wait until this game comes on later today. Steelers v. Seahawks in Detroit for Superbowl XL. The day that you devour all of the junk food that you bought while sitting back and watching an intense game of football, hoping for your team to win with an extremely high score so alas you can mock everybody in school who said your opponent would win. I don't even have to describe this feeling to anybody. You all should know it. Fellow workers in the office at work betting on one of the two teams to win... Speaking of betting, I've been getting into Texas Hold 'Em on AIM a lot lately but I'm getting off-topic here. I personally hope the Steelers win just because they're a PA team plus I watched them defeat the Colts in an amazing game and some of the Broncos game. I wanted Kansas City to get into the play-offs but of course that didn't happen. Strange that you have two PA teams going to two different bowls. In college football, you had Penn State go to the Orange Bowl, winning that game. Now you have the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL going to the Superbowl, hopefully winning that game. Of course even if the Steelers won, I'd feel bad for the Seahawks because this is the first Superbowl they ever went to so winning it would be great for them. But still, go Steelers.

It's been a week since I posted which is pretty bad in my book. This was due to school. And more school. And some more school. And going on the computer not in the mood to post. And some more school. And then going outside with a fear of school. Like I have mentioned in my previous post, I had an original poem to come up with by Wednesday so my schedule was full Monday and Tuesday in which on those days I was trying to come up with something. Thankfully I finished it and liked it, in which I don't like a lot of literature that I write. Then Wednesday and Thursday I had a lot of homework (or just one of those days...I don't really recall). Then I relaxed on Friday and went outside for a majority of the day yesterday. Well, maybe only four hours. Anyway, the week pretty much sucked...

On Friday (I think [dammit, I can never match a certain day to a certain event]) I went to Circuit City to buy an SD card for my Nikon 4800. I had $45 to spare that I just received that day from checks that my father cashed from Christmas and my birthday so I decided to pick up a 512 MB SD card for $44.20 (or something similar to that). So like I have once proposed to in the past, I stated that once I got an SD card that I'd start going around town taking pictures. Well, I didn't get to that point yet. I wanted to today but first I have to study for a speech test and then I could. I'm too lazy now to. However I went outside yesterday to Craig's friend's house and took my camera, making some short four minute movies and taking some pictures. Then we went to my house for a few and sat around, in which I resumed taking pictures. Espically the picture of half a pine tree in which it appears to be floating in the air. However my camera then froze up from the chilly weather. So, I have these pictures to share:








As you could also see from these pictures, there is currently no snow on the ground. We've been having weather lately with a temperature of fifty degrees and a lot of rain. However, it is cold out due to wind chill and the rain makes the moisture in the air pretty damn cold. Actually we were supposed to be hit by a massive snowstorm today into tomorrow however it's going to miss us. Every storm misses Northeastern Pennsylvania.

Also during the course of the school week, we received our report cards. Just to make it nice and simple, my average for the second quarter was 101.333 with my average for the year thusfar 101.066. This was not the highest grade however, in which my friend, Caitlin, got an even higher grade of about 101.733 for the second quarter. Congradulations. I find these scores to be quite amazing. I didn't know they could get that high for an average on a report card.

Have a good one and enjoy the Superbowl. Go steelers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Steve =] Thanks for mentioning me in your blog like that! Wow I didn't expect to be suddenly mentioned so it was a pleasant surprise! Yay thank you and Congrats to you as well! : )