Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Angels & Airwaves

Tom Delonge. My idol. Even though I do not play the guitar and the only instruments I have in my house is a acoustic guitar with a broken string, an unassembled drum set, and a harmonica (maybe those cheap, plastic flutes from elementary school could be classifed as an instrument), this man is a great man. Even though many people hate him and say he sucks at the guitar, well, they're crazy. But not everybody met Blink-182 in person like I did (although I didn't get to interview them like my cousin and friend did) and have their autograph -- and sat backstage during the show. Blink-182 was broken up for a while now though. From what I heard, Mark Hoppus wanted to go emo and Tom was getting political and didn't want to get into that emo shit, so therefore the punk rock band broke up. Mark and Travis Barker went into their own band (oh damn, I forgot the name) and Tom went into his own, which is Angels and Airwaves.

My cousin (the one who interviewed Blink) on the bus last week let me listen to a burnt CD he must've made with an Angels and Airwaves song on there, called "The Adventure". He thought the song was amazing and it made me tear a bit hearing a fresh song with Tom's voice in it besides listening to my old Blink-182 songs to hear him at all. It sort of reminded me of Boxcar Racer a bit, an old side-project from Blink-182 that had Travis and Tom in it. Travis is being passed around from the two like a can of beer. Anyway, just the other day I had a debate with myself to download Limewire and iTunes to my laptop. I was afraid to because of the little hard drive space I have on this thing and the RAM is horrible at times where the computer will just move little by little for minutes. I need to upgrade badly already. Well, I downloaded the both of them anyway. And with downloading them, I downloaded "The Adventure" and I'm listening to it right now on loop. I need to memorize the lyrics.

What a week so far! Three tests/quizzes tomorrow, test Friday, a speech that I should've done today (but I'll get back to you on that), and a large amount of writing assignments. Actually only one writing assignment. About the speech though. Well, we walked into the libaray where we normally have our speech class when the substitute teacher there for the libarian told us, after two minutes of sitting there at the table, to go to the audatorium. So we venture over there and find our speech teacher there, in her wonderful mood as always. Let me back up a second. This was a demonstration speech we had to do (as in a process showing how to do something, also called a "How-To" speech) and I was doing a speech on how to prepare a fishing pole and line to fish. So I brought a small, jigging fishing pole to school with bait, hook, sinker, and bobber. Just wanted to add that in there because I'll forget later on. Well, turns out that the teacher wanted everybody who had a recipie to go first so that the food won't spoil and if they ran out of time that day that they wouldn't have to carry the food around with them all day or remake/rebake them. And is a fishing pole a recipe? No. Turns out more than half of the class did a recipe so time ran out, bell rang, and now my speech is due for Thursday.

This is good though because I have more time to practice my speech now. I've been having a hard time on the third step for tying a trilean knot for the hook on because you have to wrap the line that you just pulled out of the eye of the hook to create the loop around the "main" line three to five times. Well, I can't wrap shit around anything. Plus it's hard because I'm horrible at handling line because I'm always dropping what I'm working on for some odd reason. And I only had two days to practice a bit prior to today. Did I practice today? Only tying the hook on, and without vocals. Tomorrow I'll throw some practice in there in front of others. Sunday and yesterday I practiced twice doing my speech on the Blog Explosion chat room. And yesterday I also practiced once with my father, mother, and grandmother being in a group and then later on around ten I just had my grandmother watch. I was a bit ready for today. We have to use a microphone though which worries me because I talk loud in my speech...

Plus just to quickly add, my friend, Joey, is doing his speech on how to play a Nintendo DS. So he made me bring my DS to school today to help him demonstrate how the wi-fi connection works. Well, he ended up not doing his speech either today. But during home ec. and lunch, we had some pretty interesting conversations on Pictochat. Even during lunch, my friend Andy got his DS into the craze. I might bring it on a daily basis now. No matter what, Thursday I have to bring it. And we're supposed to get an ice storm Thursday morning too...interesting how this'll all turn out.

I have a math test on reflections, translations, glide reflections, and rotations, an English quiz on characters from the Odyssey, and a pre chemistry quiz on equations we got from our labs all tomorrow so I have to go study just a little bit because it's ten already and carry soup downstairs for my mother. Have a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear things are runnin smmoth up there buddy, Things here are cool too.

Anonymous said...

Weird, It says I havent left a comment, How are ya buddy?