Monday, February 12, 2007

In Other News...

I'm feeling in the mood this fine winter night to write a nice and little blog entry. To whether I can achieve such a task such as keeping the entry short is beyond me though. Whatever that I can type before my brain goes dry is whatever you'll get out of this blog entry. Expect a little bit of random, a dash of pointlessness, and a quarter cup of Buddy Foote.

Yesterday I was playing Runescape in the morning and I figured that I would take a small break from my woodcutting goal of level 99 and go to free-to-play for a little while. Actually I didn't really think it out at all. I kept on refreshing the world select page because my current home world, World 6, was full for a few minutes, and then World 1 popped up and was open, so I figured that I would hop onto this world for about an hour to fool around. Let me tell you this: Free players have a mind of their own. This is not a generalization and many free players are 100% better than me in levels and in wealth (even though I find personality to be my first priority), but for the general population, free players are like monkeys that have escaped from a zoo. If you're out in the middle of nowhere, you'll have a crowd around you in less than five minutes. Dante was in free-to-play the other day and he was wearing full dragon. Wow, if I thought my situations were bad, he must've had it a lot worse. I actually wasn't begged for anything really on my latest visit. A funny event did happen though. Actually two. The first was when I was walking around Varrock looking for something interesting that was going on. Primarily rule breakers so I could send in a few reports to Jagex to cope with my deep down hope of someday becoming a player moderator. I spotted a line of people following an individual and the phrase "drop party" being shouted into the air, so for entertainment I followed the line, hoping to catch a few guys spamming the chat screen or scamming. Instead, this guy led us into the cellar of the one inns in Varrock and I guess he either never dropped or he logged out. So I'm standing down there, hanging out and minding my own business, when one guy runs over to me and says, "lvl 100 drop sumting!" So now I have about ten people following me yelling at me to drop things. Like what the hell! I tried to lose them, but after running and having them finding me, I tried to explain to them, "I have nothing to drop. It wasn't my drop party in the first place." Well, a lot of people said "reported!" and ran off, and then the two who couldn't get the message had a little cat-and-mouse chase with me through the essence mine and even from Lumbridge to Draynor Village. The second event was funny too. I went upstairs of the general store in Varrock and grabbed a spade. I then started walking around Varrock and digging with my spade. There was another drop party in the same cellar (how ironic) and I was digging all over the place. People were asking me what I was doing and I said, "I'm looking for treasure!" in that whole crazy Don Quixote style of things. Then later some other guy was following me and we were both digging together around Varrock. Man, free-to-play is fun. I probably won't be making long visits there again until I get 99 woodcutting and firemaking. Then I plan on staying there for three days straight.

I spent most of Saturday working on #Foote_Chat and improving the community. It's still a slow setup as many of our members aren't too active (sadly enough) besides a few (you know who you are) and I wish we had more members (I'd be so happy). I added 54 new smilies, a new cuarter reward contest, and some other things. You'll have to check it out for yourself by clicking here. Users may activate their own account again, opposed to admins having to do it as they did when spam bots were plentiful. We'll soon be seeing great future MODs, such as the store, bank, arcade, and gallery mods, so please show some interest in the forum and register and post today! It would be even better if you could refer some friends to it! Now I'm just getting a bit cocky...

I'm not sure if his decision is final or not, but Craig, aka Alaskanwolf7, has told me in school today that he has quit Runescape. It's indeed a sad lost to the community, and if that's his true and official word, we'll miss you on Runescape, Craig. Hopefully we'll see you on #Foote_Chat still. Last night Craig gave away items to four of his friends, which pretty much states that he's quitting as he lost more than four million gp in the process. Many of you ignorant and wealthy fools in Runescape may not think that's a lot, but to Craig and I, money that much was always dreamed about when we were younger Runescapers and for me, I still cherish 100 gp that I may find lying on the ground. Craig had a great Runescape character, and I hate to see him give up on it like that. However, life has to go on, and in most cases reality is more important than an internet community. Thankfully, I can have time for both, or I'd be an insane man by now. I have yet to know more about the reasons why he quit, but for whatever reasons they may be, they're probably good reasons and I support him on them.

[EDITED on February 16th, 2007 at 6:11 P.M.] I finally found the time to post this correction: Craig did not quit Runescape. I thought he told me he did before this blog entry was posted, so I jumped to conclusions and wrote the above paragraph saying that he quit. He did give away almost all of his bank, but he did so so that he's not tempted to buy items anymore. Sorry about this mistake to any friends of Craig and to Craig himself. [EDIT over]

The Northeastern Pennsylvania area is expected to get a pretty nice snow storm for Wednesday. The snow is expected to start later tomorrow and go all through Wednesday and maybe even a tad bit on Thursday. We're expected to get around a foot of snow. This storm is already guaranteeing a snow day for Wednesday, yet only time will tell us if we should expect any school delays or closings for Thursday. This snow storm will be the first true snowfall we'll get all season. I think the net worth of snow fallen is around 7.8 inches this season (that number is stuck in my head after looking at a weather map, so it may not be correct), and that's not enough snow to satisfy me. I just hope we don't get hammered like some parts of New York currently are. Wow, it's pretty bad up there. I was watching TV and they had to actually get the snow off their roofs so that the roof wouldn't cave in. That would be a pretty bad situation. I hope we have a six day weekend (we will have Friday and next Monday off). That would be 'teh ownage'. Why? Because we have an expected Spanish essay test Wednesday on Cervantes and his story and character, Don Quixote. We actually have the first part of the test tomorrow, which will be filled with fill-ins and other formats I presume. She never really told us much about the test. That essay section of it is going to stink. This certain essay is expected to be more than a page, and that's one essay out of the many we have to write in a class period. I did do a mock essay of the question that has to be answered, and thankfully I was able to write a lot more than a page. I'm ready for this test. I hope.

Okay, so it wasn't a little entry, but hopefully for some it was nice.

Picture of the Day



Have a good one.

No comments: