Friday, January 13, 2006

All Runescape

Mind the title, I had nothing else better to come up with. But let's talk Runescape. My best friend, Craig, and his brother, Jimmy, are highly addicted to Runescape just like I was and somewhat am currently. Of course getting them addicted was my fault because I shot words at Craig about the MMORPG a long time ago at school and online, getting him to join and play the game, and then his brother being the fool he is copies Craig's actions and also joins. Craig gets a membership and all is well. His brother; we laugh at his pity because he is a free-to-play (f2p) player while Craig and I are members, pay-to-play (p2p) players. Why I am telling you all of this I do not know. I just wanted an introduction to fit the title of the entry.

Anyway, I have a couple of topics to discuss that I was thinking about last night after I turned my laptop off.

First off, Google Earth. I downloaded the Google Pack, a new feature that Google recently released to the public, Sunday night and Google Earth was a part of it. While talking to DrakeGTA that night he infomed me that Google Earth was out for a pretty long time now but of course I hardly look around the net enough to notice anything like it. I like the program a lot. Entertains you for a while until you run out of cities to see a satellite image of. The most amazing feature that I came across (and I didn't play with it enough to find anything more amazing) was that you can locate local restaurants, stores, bars, etc. and even bars over in San Francisco or Oak Island, North Carolina. I'm amused by simple things. I'll probably actually go fly across the globe with the program after I finish typing this...

It appears that Adams Cable, my cable provider of the Carbondale, Pennsylvania area, changed their channels yet again. Just one though that I noticed, and many little kids out there such as my nephew may be quite dissapointed. Toon Disney, the channel that took the division of the Disney Channel that it became famous for, cartoons, and broke it off from all of the shows directed more toward teenagers, came off of the air and Court TV took it's place. Holy shit. What I find funny is that all of the "cartoon channels" were grouped together, being channel 44, 45, and 46. Channel 44 is the Disney Channel, 45 was Toon Disney, and 46 is Nickolodeian. Now when you're switching from channel 44 to channel 46, you're greeted by the verdicts of the jury during a court trial. I bet kids will love that channel and grow up to be lawyers when they're older. Maybe that's a good thing because this newer generation is rather, I don't want to be too offending, but stupid and dumb witted. I might just watch a trial later on so that I can fall asleep tonight.

I also learned recently that my laptop reboots itself if the RAM is being worked up too much. This means simply running AIM, Google Talk, and a Blink-182 DVD. My computer went off when this occured, came immediantly back on, and restarted everything from fresh. This happened twice so I get rather pissed about it. Now laptops don't have the greatest RAM, or at least mine doesn't, but I'm still in that trance from big, powerful tower of a desktop computer to a small, portable and wireless laptop with monitor, "tower", keyboard, and "mouse pad", all on one small foldable piece of machinery. Now I could be intelligent and close all other applications before running a DVD disc, but why the hell would I want to use the common sense way of things when I can have my computer restart itself from being overwork and have a cursing storm. I think it's rather fun and it raises my blood pressure. Actually those last lines were filled with 100% sarcasism and I will indeed close all opened windows and programs from now on. Point being, lesson learned.

This weekend, even though I have a day off on Monday, will be no after-Christmas break. I have my major mid-terms coming up Tuesday to Thursday. And will I not just be studying for those but I have to write two huge ass essays for my English mid-term about Romeo and Juliet, and two critical thinking pre chem essays about DNA blood samples in a court case, I don't know...didn't look at the paper yet. I should watch Court TV, maybe it'll help me. And on the civics mid-term too it would help. And to add onto that fun, I'm going to a hunting and fishing dinner event tomorrow night and then I'm sleeping over my sister's house where I'll do some intense gaming with my brother-in-law. He got the new True Crime game that takes place in New York City so I'll probably play that. He stated it was amazing. What a challenging weekend...

And Yahoo ads isn't really showing any ads related to the content on my site like Google used to. I mean, once in a while it does, like before there were ads for crossword puzzle makers which I sort of mentioned in the previous entry, but I normally just see ads for mortage rates, steaks, and phone bills. Did I ever mention those before?...I don't recall... Well, I just did mention them so now I'll get a lot more ads concerning them. Yahoo ads is meant to display ads relating to the content of a page like Google but so far, they're letting me down in a way. But it's only the beta version so let's hope for the best. This is just information for anybody who's thinking of joining the beta version of the service. So far I don't think it's better than Google but it sure does get the job done.

Well, have a good one.

EDIT a second after posting: I forgot to add these 13 or so Runescape pictures in I took and uploaded to Imageshack today. Maybe that's why I picked the name for the title of this entry. I just took these picture of the usual conversations and environments of the member worlds in Runescape. You'll see East Ardounage, Seers Village, and Caterby in these pictures. A somewhat pleasure to non-members. Enjoy:









My combat level is currently 63 as you could see in the first couple of pictures. I'm finally getting up there. Nothing too exciting but I felt in the picture taking mood. Actually I took tons and tons of pictures of the in-game gameply of Runescape but never got to uploading them because they're outdated and people might think the wrong thing. Like, "Look at this n00b with the iron armour! He's a member!?!1 OMG!" I might upload them sooner or later though...

Have a good night.





No comments: