Sunday, January 22, 2006

Vacation From Home

Well, plenty has occured since the last time I posted and even beyond that period in time. First, however, I'd like to announce that I joined BlogExplosion. This site is truely amazing and it's driving traffic to my blog like crazy. It really works. Also while browsing through other's sites to earn credits to gain the traffic, I came to realize how my blog is empty. Sure, it has an ample amount of writing and 120+ entries at the moment, but just all of the extras I have aren't really anything extra. I have ads, a few links, and a counter. Wow! Surfing through the sites made me realize how much mine sucks. So I plan on fooling around with my blog for a while and try to add some new things to it. I may actually risk it and put a tag board up, although past experiences tell me not to. Also I think today is the one-year anniversity of Buddy Foote's Blog. Not this blog but my old one, which isn't still running hence the name version two of this one. I'm not too fond of my old blog, it's practically garbage. But I still keep it up for shits and giggles. Also I plan on having a lot more pictures on this site from now on. I think I might get my father's digital camera out and take some pictures off of there being that I'm too lazy at the moment to get up and take pictures with mine. I only like taking pictures of the outdoors, and right now it's almost nine at night. So expect some changes to happen.

One of the main reasons that I didn't post this weekend was because I slept over my sister and brother-in-law's apartment over the whole course of this weekend. Went over Friday night and came home around five in the afternoon today. That's a vacation for me right there. If you listened to my last audio blog (which is horrible like everyone I ever do) you can see that I stayed at my sister's last weekend too. I'm starting to live there. I went over Friday night with my brother-in-law while my sister was working to hook up their DSL which just arrived. I had absoultely no experience with getting DSL to work but I had more sense than they did I guess. So we got it working and spent the time on the computer most of the weekend, my brother-in-law talking to his sister and neices while my sister explored MySpace for the first time. I was able to go on a lot but their keyboard, oh God, I don't even want to discuss the keyboard. I never had such a hard time typing before. I only type with one finger (the index on my left hand) so it was practically hurting afterwards. This was like a Windows 95 keyboard. Those old ones. With the backspace being the size of a regular letter key with a little arrow pointing to the left and a turbo key by the right shift, whatever the hell that did. Plus the cap lock kept on getting jammed on me. I wouldn't dare try typing up an entry on there.

Anyway I had a lot of fun. I was pretty depressed when I left. It was just one of those depressing moments. It's getting dark outside with overcast skys and you're watching a football game in a dark room with nobody around you besides Buster, the cat, and my sister on the computer in the guest room next room over. Waiting to be picked up to go home where you have to clean up your room underneath the bed because you're getting a new matress. But you find out the matress isn't coming until Friday. I started tearing while eating a vanilla yogurt with M&M's at the kitchen table when I got home because I realized I had school tomorrow and that the great weekend was over already. Plus with these essays and multiple choice questions we have to do everyday now, I really don't look forward to school tomorrow.

Yes, school. The last two mid-terms I had to take were pre chem and math. The math was hard as hell. It was open notebook and worksheet (we don't use the book) and it was even hard. Just the questions were confusing and didn't really specify what was being asked. I stuggled through it on Thursday skipping the whole back page and about six in-between. Thankfully she gave us fifteen minutes on Friday to finish up, which I did. And the pre chem mid-term was easy, besides the fact that my teacher thought I was cheating on it. The person sitting in front of me was turned a little bit like he normally sits, turned and all, and I was discussing a problem with myself. So then the teacher asks the person in front of me, his name is Matt and he's a good friend of mine, if he was talking to me, saying that was called cheating. I responded that I wasn't cheating then a large majority of the room started shouting, "Steve doesn't cheat!" I think that saved me from a zero. If I got a zero on a mid-term, I'd have to say good-bye to my future dreams of being a cool computer teacher.

I'm starting to get back into a regular reading habit. Sure I'm always reading, but it's stuff online I'm reading. I'm either reading Runescape news or blogs or rant sites, not paper books. So I dusted off an old book I bought once and never finished reading, called "A Catcher in the Rye", and started to reread it. I can relate to the main character in many ways, besides the fact that I'm not failing four out of five main subjects and being kicked out of an all-boys school. That's not really a spoiler because he pretty much says that from the beginning. A good read nevertheless. I thought that reading would help me write and writing having to do with these essays we have in school nowadays. I was never an avid reader due to school and the internet, but hopefully I'll become one.

And you know what's really been pissing me off lately? Commas. Yes, commas. "," I never know, in my writing, if I'm using them the right way or not. And it's starting to tick me off. Am I using too many commas? I think so. That could be a problem.

I would type a lot more (because I'm just in that mood) but my left arm is killing me from stretching over and typing on my laptop's keyboard. Those things can really make you achy. I plan on going to download some program that I read about at my sister's that can edit almost anything on a website. So I think I might go "play" with that. Have a good one.

EDIT right after posting: I just remembered I wanted to say something. Even though I'm a 15-year old in 9th grade at the moment, I plan to have this very blog running as long as possible, with me moving throughout the grades of high school and then college. This very blog is the life of a "youngster" (as some would say) so by reading this, you're practically experiencing what life is like through a high school student's eyes. I just felt like pointing this out. As long as Blogger's around, this blog will be around. Plus I actually plan on buying a .com domain in the future.

Now you can have a good one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, that's interesting to hear...you should definately keep this blog going..hmm I like that you said that, good for you, see how long you can keep it going.