Wednesday, January 18, 2006

An Essay A Day

At the beginning of the school year this year, I liked 9th grade. It seemed more care-free than previous years even though many rumors previously stated that 9th grade is the hardest grade. I just don't see that. Now, today, I have seen this year turn into a hellhold. A major plot change has occured in the midst of a masterpiece that was great until that point in time. A burden was brought down upon us, the students of Lakeland High, that'll, in the outcome, turn into a tragedy. I say a revolution is coming, and not for the better either. This is a Revolutionary War, in which the Americans lost in the end.

There's a new "program" running on at our school that'll occur until the end of this year, directed to us by our new principal, Mr. Dumbass Hanni. It's called "At The Bell" or something similar to that. In this "program", you have to either write an essay or answer multiple choice questions about the subject you're currently in. This takes place three days in a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. And we have to write an essay (or do the multiple choice) in each one of our classes, probably all besides gym. This is supposed to prepare us for the PSSA's, although the seniors of us school even have to take it and they'll never see the PSSA's again in their life. This is supposed to improve our test scores, but trying to write a good essay in ten minutes may not make our grades go up so well. I think our brains may melt, that's what will happen. And you know what's going to happen? Another walk-out, maybe a teacher strike, protests, etc. because our "quiet little country" school is rebellious like that. We had a little walk-out once just because our principal while I was in 7th grade was fired. That's nothing compared to what's going on now.

Now in some cases this may not be a big concern, however, our shitface of a principal also enforced other rules that bogus to a school like Lakeland. Where's the Kevin and King combo!?

I could go on forever about this but I'm downstairs where I can't think because my nephew is here and it's time to go to bed. My last two mid-terms are tomorrow. Night.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I like your humor.



Take Care
Michael