Wednesday, January 11, 2006

GTA In School

While at school today in civics class, I expected to continue to watch the musical non-stage movie of 1776 but instead had to do an activity that we do every once in a while, maybe about once a week, called Current Events. In the Current Events magizine, we read an issue that is currently going on nationwide, some history of the topic or background information, and a weekly news debate, with some questions and a crossword to answer. Well, we were behind on our Current Events doings so that is why we did it today. Anyway, in the news debate, the topic was about the ban of selling violent video games to minors under seventeen (or eighteen if it's an AO game) and the new law that is being issued in California that took affect January 1st of this new year. And to welcome you into reading this topic in the upper-right corner of the news debate section is a picture of our own loving Carl Johnsom on a motorcycle shooting at something in the countryside at night with the caption reading something similar to "Carl 'CJ' Johnson is on another mission". So this told me that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was indeed mentioned in this article and I was just waiting for Jack Thompson or Hilary Clinton to be mentioned. They were not. And neither Hot Coffee. Only Arnold stitch-lip. Anyway, on the crossword puzzle there were two questions (I believe) about San Andreas. One, where is CJ's home turf? Answer: San Andreas. Two, who is the "hero" of GTA? Answer: Carl Johnson. Amazing...took me seconds to ponder.

The point being, playing violent video games gives you answers in school for an extra point crossword puzzle.

Anyway, I have to debate myself with the CJ turf question. His 'turf' isn't really San Andreas. I'd pinpoint his 'turf' to be Grove Street or Los Santos, not San Andreas as a state. But that's just coming from a gamer, not a rich man who creates crossword puzzles for a living. Actually they probably just use a free computer program.

Anyway, here's your update:

Mid-terms are over for this week only in which my major mid-terms are next week, with two on Tuedsay on one Wednesday. Our math wasn't really announced yet. But I have Monday off thankfully so that's an extra day dedicated to studying and an extra day for doing nothing (that being Sunday).

Also Yahoo finally accepted me into their publishing network services, thank the Lord.

Have a good one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha I knew you would mention that, yeah I take it you don't like that law in CA or I wanted to hear your "side"? But your such a fan or were one, or are, or always will be lol =P