Monday, January 23, 2006

An Unexpected Snow Day

Being that I was at my sister's house all weekend, I didn't have my weatherman of a father around to tell me what the weather was expected to be in the upcoming forecast. Sure, I could've watched the local news but I was having too much of a good time there to even consider it. Plus they don't have cable but they still get the local channels like Fox, ABC, CBS, etc. so that ruled out the Weather Channel. So when I heard yesterday that we were supposed to get a snowstorm, I was shocked. Here we are in 50 degree weather for the past couple weeks (referred to as the January Break I believe) and we're getting a snowstorm! And in the middle of January too! God I was shocked. Okay, I'm being sarcastic now. After watching the news after I came home yesterday from my sister's I found that the snow would start falling at the perfect time for a delay or a cancellation. And when I woke up exactly at 6:16 this morning, I ran downstairs on my desktop (which is always on in the morning due to my father) and went onto WNEP.com to see if my school schedule was affected at all. Surely enough, it was. "CLOSED" You surely already know this due to the title of this entry though.

I was sort of expecting a cancellation after hearing the news. Our school, since we got our new principal, seems to be closing a lot more and earlier than it would otherwise in previous years. Example: Last week we got out early on Tuesday because we were expected to get ice. We were one of the first on TV to announce the early dismissal. We never got ice. That right there shows you how brillant our school is. Although that early dismissal was a gift from God because I had two essays to write after I came home and never would've got them done after a full school day. I was up until ten writing them, starting to write them around two in the afternoon. This also goes to show why I hate that 21 essay a week program we have at our school. It took me eight hours just to write two essays, nevertheless writing an essay in ten minutes for a certain subject.

Anyway, today after I woke up at ten, I turned on NFL 2K2. Everytime I'm at school and the people around me are discussing Madden 06 or Madden 2005 or a college football videogame, I bring up NFL 2K2. Then they proclaim that I throw that away due to the fact that it's "out-dated" and get the more up-to-date versions such as theirs. But I never would. I just have a certain passion for the game that is unexplainable. Today I resumed my season. I was in Week 11 and my team was going undefeated. The Lakeland Flurries. A team I customized myself. Wearing their orange-yellow and white uniforms, they marched onto the turf that they were to play on, an opponent's field. Lakeland was away going up aganist the home team, the Philadelphia Eagles. The coin toss takes place. Lakeland picks tails, winning the coin toss and chooses to kick the ball so that therefore they'll get the ball first in the second half. The game takes place and finally ends hours later. The outcome: Lakeland wins, 312-14. Here's the proof. This was the biggest defeat I have won throughout the whole season, with the second biggest probably being around 260-21. There's a game in progress right now (computer vs. computer) so I can't check my season stats right now. Damn I love that game.

I also had to shovel the sidewalks so I decided (during half-time of my football game) to take my Nikon 4800 outside and finally take some outdoor shots. So here are the pictures I have taken:









That's practically all I have to post for now. This day will probably fly by and I'll be faced with school tomorrow, and the essays. They start this week. On Wednesday they were supposed to start but I guess they might be pushed back, or we'll just have them tomorrow. We have the damn program in math everyday in which we have to do 11th grade math problems in three to four minutes. Screw her! My math teacher is the one with Mr. Hanni who wanted this damn program. She's getting on my nerves already. 9th grade and doing 11th grade math...damn her to hell. I don't know if that's worse, though, than when I was in 7th grade and my China-loving teacher gave us 12th grade grammar, just because we were in advanced English. But seriously, our math teacher was pretty much jumping up and down when she was telling us about her plans for the program. Oh well...

Have a good day.

No comments: