Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Fourth

Happy late 4th of July! [: ....You know what I just noticed? In the last entry I, Caitlin, wrote on Monday .. the 'Runescape and Driving' one, I did not really start that one by letting you know it was I who was writing. The reason I only do that is so people wouldn't get confused..I doubt anyone would.. but I do it anyways. Maybe I don't have too.. I don't even know but yeah I just noticed that. =P I keep staring down at my keyboard here because it looks so nice at the moment! It's a white colored one so it gets dirty a lot and I finally decided it was time to clean it so I spent about a half hour wiping each and every key. Now it looks brand new and I keep touching it lightly for fear I'll get it so dirty all over again haha xD

Anyways, yesterday was the 4th of July and I spent the whole day with my friends Abby and Nicole. I was told I could come over at 11:30 in the morning and stay until 10 at night. I woke up at 8AM yesterday (which is a big deal for me haha) and wasted so much time I got there a bit late like I did with Nicole this other day. I honestly don't know what is wrong with me that I can't seem to get anywhere at a specific time anymore ?! -shrugs- I had a lot of fun though so I will spend some time sharing the day with you.

I brought my Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 because it's Abby's favorite and she only has the Max version (I like my extreme version so much better because the songs are better). We played that in her room for a little bit. I just finished playing DDR 10 minutes ago too. Abby dances on the mat in a different way without coming back to the center after each step so I was trying to do it her way which is hard because I am so used to hopping back to the middle each time. It looks like you are really dancing around if you don't come back to the center, but if you do, it looks like you're hopping around like a kangaroo. ^_^ After that we walked up the street to Abby's grandmother's house to eat and to me it seemed like Abby's whole family was there.. and they must have been or at least a pretty good chunk of them and I had never met all of them before so that was interesting and funny. I have met her one well-known Uncle Joe before many times though.. I mean everyone knows who he is! =P He kind of scares me though.... O.o hahaha. After eating we got bored so wet a Bass Pro Shop tatoo and stuck it on Uncle Joe's arm, stared at some chickens, and I was excited to finally get to be shown the 'Decomp' which is this old camping trailer Abby and Nicole are trying to makeover but it was really cool, and smaller than I thought it'd be. This whole time Abby and I were thinking I might have the same trailer but the old one sitting & rotting away back down in my backyard is bigger (I miss it now too.. hm) Then Abby, Nicole and I decided to just walk on the road over to the lake carrying all of our things. We each brought water guns and Nicole's had some water in it already and as cars went by Abby tried to spray them with water :P We got to Abby's lake trailer/cottage thing whatever you want to call it and spent most of the time in there by ourseleves actually because Abby and Nicole were finishing this dance Abby made up to the song Miss Murder by AFI and it's really good! Later we went for a couple boat rides around the lake, ran around and got each other soaked with the water guns, bugged Boyd, took pictures, and had a cookout. It had been quite a while since I last ate hot dogs and marshmallows cooked over a real fire but it was lots o' fun. ^^ Nicole and I kept eating these chocolate doughnuts too because they were so good whether they were melting & dripping in the sun or not.. yummy (: We also played this game.. I don't know how it's spelt or what they said they called it but I played with Nicole, Abby & her family and it was fun and simple enough. :P There were 4 sets of 2 colored balls so 2 people on a color team (I was on the green team just to note xD ).. and then a smaller white ball that is thrown anywhere and the object is just to throw your ball as close as you can get it to the white ball. For when it seemed too close they even had a tape measurer to see which ball was closest. Haha it was fun though! :) More later on Abby's one uncle came with this beautiful Saint Benard dog named Brandy and she was sooo sweet and big and fluffy and I fell in love with her ^^ Once it got dark we played with sparklers (writing our name in the air) and then people started shooting off the fireworks so we went on the boat to the middle of the lake again and watched them and it was really nice. :) Abby's sister's boyfriend bought 3 fireworks of his own and he lit those and they were the best ones and beat anybody elses across the lake because they were really big and right above my head but it was cool :P No special fireworks show or anything.. and nothing will ever beat the fireworks down in Ocean City Maryland on the beach for the 4th of July. Oh my gosh do I miss those. The last time I went to Ocean City for the 4th of July (which is the most crowded weekend to go there EVER) was I think in 2002.. or something. I mean it is the best fireworks I ever saw! :D I hope to see those again.. because the lake's were like sparks compared hehe :) Buddy Foote mentioned he went to see the fireworks in Honesdale and I saw those a couple times a few years ago and they are really awesome so I agree with him.. hm I wish I could have gone to see those xP

Starting next week I guess I have no choice and must begin reading the summer reading books for school. I have 3 to read: 'The Pearl' ... 'Animal Farm' ...& 'Fahrenheit 451' . I don't have a problem with reading them.. I read over the summer regardless because I can be a 'lil bookworm. The only thing that makes me upset is once I start reading these I won't read any books I want to read for leisure purposes because then I will get mixed up and it's important I understand these books since we get tested on them when we go back to school. In a way it is really having homework over the summer. I keep putting them off because I wanted to read just one more teen novel :P I guess that's all I have to say for now...except if I mention Runescape and the fact I haven't played since Buddy Foote told me he was hacked -points to previous post- and that made me really upset and angrier than I'd been in a long time because it is really really unfair. :( I don't want to think about it..but at least he says he won't quit. I'll try to write again in a few days or when something interesting happens because it's fun to be able to write here.

No comments: