Monday, July 24, 2006

Blog's 1st Birthday

Well, what more can be said other than that today officially marks one full year since Buddy Foote's Blog v.2 began with it's first entry, posted by the one and only Buddy Foote. Happy Birthday to this good ol' blog! =) I, Caitlin, now have the great priviledge of posting the 'Birthday Blog Entry' for you all to read. Shall we start with a trip down memory lane, eh?

I have been a regular reader at this blog since day one. I even go as far back as to have been a reader (although not as loyal) to the first Buddy Foote's Blog. I took some time today to go back and re-read the first entry posted on Buddy Foote's Blog v.2 on July 24th, 2005 (one year ago
today, as I said). It was interesting to look at. Buddy Foote noted a few things in there and plans he had noted for this blog's future. Some do's and don'ts I guess you could call them. I thought it was really funny, for example, he had written this: "Also my new posts on my blog will never be long, and hardly as long as this one." Apparently, that was not entirely true because one year later there have been a number of long posts here much longer than that one, but I think that's one of the many things that makes his blog so wonderful and unique. If he had kept to that, and wrote many short, entries, I think they would have been boring without any detail or much effort whatsoever. The many long entries that can be found here are what I think makes the blog, well, the blog! It's very nice to come along and read. To find, look at, or read the very first blog entry yourself, you can find it by clicking here!

Later on I read and scanned around a bit more. The second post was about Buddy Foote's early Runescape levels. I thought it was so cool because most of them were close to my current levels as a new Runescape player today, and nowadays reading his Runescape entries (which are found aplenty throughout the blog), he is one of those top notch member players with high level stats carrying a spiffy whip =) So that was pretty neat, and made me think how much stuff can change over a year in everything, even something as simple as a blog. I think even Buddy Foote himself changed [; I am sure you noticed by now yet another thing that changed over this year. A brand new layout made specially for this blog! So long premade, hello original! I am really happy it is now up, and hope you all like it! It was made by myself and Buddy Foote. =) It gives the blog a whole new twist I think. I think it's nice how the new layout puts the side stuff for example on the left side rather than the right, and the banner up top looks really cool rather than the previous grey text. I took two screenshots below, one of the old layout (left) and one of the new (right) to compare them.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


As I said, I have pretty much always been a regular reader here. As the blog progressed over this year, I grew more and more loyal to it. Once 2006 rolled around I was checking the blog for new entries up to three times a day! I really looked forward to simply reading whatever Buddy
Foote had to say. I really like this blog, much more than I thought I ever would back when it began a year ago. Honestly, just taking the time to think about things as a whole, would I have ever imagined to be writing here today? Most likely not even a minor thought in my mind. It's really nice though, and I do enjoy writing here. =) Plus now I am not even the only one, my brother Chase has joined us as well. A year ago, I just never could imagine Buddy Foote would want anyone else writing and leaving their footprints on his own personal blog, so maybe that's why it feels extra special in that extra special kinda way ;-)

I am looking forward to see what is to come next with this blog. It's nice to see something was not given up on for one whole year. Good Job Buddy Foote! I know and hope this blog will only grow and became more popular as time goes on!

No comments: