Monday, July 03, 2006

Runescape and Driving

Budding Runescape Addict. I think that can describe me very well at this moment. (: I have been playing Runescape the most I ever have this week, and it has been wonderful! It's a really awesome game, and I like it even more than I thought I would! I mentioned last time that I was slowly starting to login more and stood around and tried to become familiar with the different pictures and just that real newbie stuff, but lately I have been actually playing (besides the few times I did my first 2 quests with Buddy Foote which was really fun but I never went in it by myself until now) so I am all excited over this. I made my username months ago and had not played very much.

Now onto the good stuff! Let me tell you everything I did. I stayed near the bank in Draynor but once I got used to successfully walking past the jail without getting harmed, I became a lot more comfortable and less nervous so ventured into the woods following the edited map Buddy Foote made for me which is so helpful. I always had it open so I can stay somewhat within the circles he drew. I tend to hang around by this well that is a bit past the jail so I claim that to be my spot. It's nice there.. and a pretty unicorn comes by sometimes (which Buddy Foote killed yesterday!! :P :P) but I am pretty sure it will come back to life haha -wink- :D I killed a lot of Goblin things.. a whole bunch of them (The spiders small&large seemed really pointless). At first the goblins would do some damage to me and I'd chop trees while waiting to regain back some lost HP before I'd kill more. They would always leave bones and usually some other neat stuff. I buried all the bones, and even picked up lots of extra bones people simply didn't care for. My woodcutting level is the highest out of all the things I can do.. I forget what it's called... skills maybe? Anyways I chopped lots of trees, but didn't start carrying my tinderbox until just yesterday because I was worried if I died out in the woods or by the jail I'd lose it or something and I didn't want too.. because I only have 1 =/ I like carrying it now, because I got my firemaking up. The firemaking and woodcutting skills raise levels really fast for me it seems. The rest, especially prayer, are slow like snaiLs!

I had a lot of fun logging in each day for hours these past few nights working on killing goblins, chopping trees, burying bones, and now firemaking. That's all I have been doing so far.. I am too scared to start fishing because of all the things I have to look out for. Now I will list my current levels in everything that I am so proud of! :D Ah I am having so much fun, I mean yesterday I ran back into the computer room here so fast to resume playing that I ripped a whole chunk of skin off of my toe which resulted in more bleeding than I thought and like.. yeah it was painful enough I had to mention it :P (Sorry if it grossed you out.. -meep-)

Combat Level- 13
Attack, Strength and Defence- 10
14/14 Hitpoints .. I gained some which was good ^^
Prayer- 8 (Due to burying those bones!) :)
Woodcutting- 21 (I can chop oak trees now)
Firemaking- 15 (So I can burn the oak logs now yay yay!)

.. and that's all I raised :D Yay!! It's fun! And as you can tell I am excited over it. (: It is even more fun when Buddy Foote and friends come and join me by the well. I liked that a lot.. I had company! Yay, lol, it was so much fun =D I can't wait to find time to play again.. I may get to tonight.. but tomorrow I think I am going with Abby and maybe others (?) to a lake for the 4th of July the whole day .. hm I need to call her. But anyways I will mention what I was up to today. Wow oh wow oh wow! Just guess.. no don't. You won't ever figure it out. Well maybe.. O.o

I went out around town to a park and for a walk this afternoon.. and then we were halfway home when my dad turned the car around and we headed to my school. I got scared because I knew this day would come (haha!) No.. but really we barely pulled in the lot, and he stopped, got out, and goes "Caitlin, come here and sit in the driver's seat." Poor little me.. -gulps- I was like "Umm...um um.." and I reluctantly climb in and sat there. My father started explaining a lot of stuff to me today about driving. He was telling me for a while he wanted to teach me a few things. I keep flip-flopping opinions in my head about driving. Sometimes I am really scared & even sad because I don't want to drive.. I mean it's this huge deal and it was always to me some 'grown up' thing I wanted nothing of.. I don't want to grow up and drive. Some kids in my grade are counting down the days until they get their permits, but I try not to think of it. As I was sitting in the driver's seat today and learning things I realized it's not sooooooo bad.. but it still seems like a lot to learn. My father had me drive a little bit. But I was driving for the first time ever around and around the parking lot roughly 5 full times. I got familiar with switching gears from parked to drive, and even reverse which was the scariest. He had me hit the gas pedal (extremely lightly keep in mind hehe!!) .. I was a bit scared because my leg was shaking! =O And we moved forward really slowly. Then I had to switch my foot between the brakes and gas and he said I did that really well.. saying some people can't even get that part down and if your foot misses you can hit a wrong pedal hard =/ I liked holding the steering wheel though. Then each time I turned (I didn't hit the curb yay yay yay!!) I had to turn the blinkers on and I am smiling now because it actually was a lot of fun. I, Caitlin, was literally driving! We went went around in a square so I had to brake, look both ways, turn the blinker on, and steer and turn this big truck and I did well. I liked it.. it wasn't so bad... I felt pretty spiffy sitting up there in the front driving seat making a vehicle MoVe!! =O It was quite an experience though. I don't like the gas pedal lol.. when I put the truck in drive it slowly moved itself so I didn't really have to use that pedal (thank goodness!) just the brakes...but then my dad made me try it and it feels .. 'odd' and you can feel the truck thrust forward...the fastest I let it go was barely 5 mph. It was fun.. and really really interesting :D

Wow.. what a day. (: I am not done yet! I am ending with a special section just about Buddy Foote and his Runescape accomplishment! (I didn't forget about it at all [; )

Buddy Foote purchased his whip yesterday in Runescape for over 2mil yet I don't remember exactly how much.. but it was a lot to me. This mean he accomplished step 2 of his Runescape goals! Yay I am really happy he got his whip.. I saw it too and it looks really cool! Congrats to Buddy Foote! :D

Now he is on to Step 3: Get 52 Prayer

I'm sure he'll have that done in no time too.. ^_^ Good job! Now I was just forced to try some steak on our new grill.. yummy.. so I have to go and eat now .. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July too! :)

1 comment:

Latona said...

Whoah :P

Long post - save some for your next entry. It is good to see more runescape bloggers :P