Saturday, July 01, 2006

It'll Come...

Okay, my house was not swept away by the flood, burn down, or any of the things I have said that would have to happen for me to not post. It is just that I'm strongly addicted to Runescape like always, feeling tired or sick, or I'm doing something that is far away from the computer. For example I had to sit in my plastic surgeons' office for more than an hour today due to the amount of patients he had just for him to look at my birthmark and schedule something for six months from today. But anyway, about the June flooding of '06. Hey...it's July now. Anyway, the river levels went back down the last couple days and the final dangers of the Susquehanna cresting is done. However many parts of the river won't go below flood stage until later on today. Back here in Lackawanna County...Well, Jermyn, PA...There was no bad flooding like I said there may be if the river and creek in town increased in height. Actually, Wednesday the Lackawanna River and Rushbrook Creek went down quite a bit. However, Aylesworth Creek Lake (the Aylesworth Dam) was a different story. The lake rose so high that it went up several feet on the wall of the dam and the parking lot was underwater. It was just about to empty into the spillway but the lake still wasn't that high. I took pictures of this but still haven't uploaded them to Imageshack. The damage of this flooding in the widespread area still exists, however, and will for maybe a month or more -- and for the replacement of bridges, years. PennDot is just putting pipes in to replace washed out bridges for now, paving a road over the pipe. Still, this flood was one of the worst anybody ever had and made people have memories of the flooding caused by Hurricane Agnes in 1972. The other day the whole Wyoming Valley was evacuated as a precaution just in case the dikes/levees of the river did not sustain the water, causing another New Orleans-like tragedy. But I will get those pictures of Aylesworth Dam up. I thought they were amazing, showcasing truly how high the lake is. Recall that one picture of Aylesworth with the black barrel in it? Well, I have another picture from Wednesday taken from the top of the wall of the dam that shows probably that same barrel floating around in the parking lot. Amazing...Truly is...

Also, those pictures of the hunting cabin will be up sooner or later. And the blog entries I wrote in a tablet that Monday.

News on IRC chat #Foote_Chat on SwiftIRC: I said I would update the Hangman list every Friday but I didn't today because I only had one visitor in the chat besides Caitlin and I to ever play the game, and I'm not going to make the list bigger if nobody enjoyed version one of it first. So, go to #Foote_Chat on irc.swiftirc.net today to play Runescape hangman!

My Runescape life: I did a lot in my Runescape life before I last spoke about the game. I have my 1k+ yew longbows all strung. I got the matching amount of pure essence. I did the Plague City quest. I did Heroes' Quest (I was bored). And now I have about 850+ nature runes, about 600 of those crafted by me. To craft natures, I wear my nature tiara, boots of lightness (I went and got those by the way), and gnome amulet. I wield a water staff. And I carry laws and about 1k gold. I can make 26 natures a trip. Watch out for those jungle spiders. Anyway, today Caitlin was playing for a few hours, killing gnomes, giant spiders, and chopping trees. Her combat level as of now is 9. Craig came down too to hang out with her on World 43. As I was there with her, Craig told me that Zezima was on and had his private on. I quickly went to the Rimmington portal on a member world and went to his house, seeing Zezima for the second time in his house! He was wearing that infinity mage armour...I believe that's the right one. You know, the pink and rainbow colored one. He was fighting people in his combat ring and people kept on ganging up on him. He, yet again, kicked us out but this time we were teleported back outside of the portal in Rimmington, not on top of Trollheim. Then I went back to Caitlin and Craig on f2p. The end.

Have a good one.

No comments: