Friday, June 30, 2006

Rain, Runescape, & Raisins

Hiya. It is me Caitlin.. (I feel weird announcing that everytime) :P Anyways I am in the mood to type and have a feeling this could be a long entry. It had been raining for a couple days in a row (Buddy Foote wrote all about that in the previous entry).. and when I say raining I mean
heavy downpours. It rained so heavy at times it was very loud and quite frightening. I don't think I've ever lived through so much rain, or scary flooding in our area before. I feel very lucky where I am located because right now the sun is shining and the only reminder of the heavy rain is the noise of the stream and the soaked grass. It's not bad at all where I am *knocks on wood*. My basement got some water in it, but it always does.

I have a stream that runs through my backyard, that acts like a property divider I think. It ends up in the South Branch of the Tunkhannock.. and that leads to the Main Branch.. which ends up in the Susquehanna (I can't spell these tough Indian river names!! xD ) Plus there is a pond located down in my backyard too. Yesterday morning I went down to check things out. Since my yard was soaked and extremely moist since the ground can't drink all that water, I went barefoot (rather than destroy another pair of shoes) ! It was a lot of fun. At first I thought it was crazy gross, but it turned out cool. I was jumping all through puddles and stuff, running in some mud, and wet grass as tall as my knees in some spots, so as you can tell I enjoyed that. ^_^ The stream wasn't that bad, it looked very large, muddy, and fast as I expected but not as bad as it was when the nearby town of Jermyn got flooded that one day years ago. That stream had went over its banks big time that day. So really this wasn't anything to affect it, thankfully. Overall, I think the worst part is over for the flooding in our area for this storm. It was really bad in spots, and I feel bad for all those people. I think, and hope, the situation is improving now.

I had originally planned on typing up a blog entry now 2 days ago, but then I became very busy! Tuesday I spent the day at my friend Nicole's house which is one of the things I wanted to write about. We made plans to get together because at her sleepover party two weeks ago, I had all this money which was her father's, and she forgot to give me the 'Goodie Bag' from the party. I bet you're wondering why I had her father's money?! :P See, we went to the movies, and they have an arcade room. Before we went in her father gave Nicole a dozen quarters. Nicole couldn't hold them all in her hand so I was the only one with a purse and was given them to keep hold of. Unfortunately, they were all forgotten about and I left with all the money mwahaha ! ( hahah! just kidding! really, j/k :P ) Then Nicole wanted me to stay so that was fun. It was on one of the rainiest days though..so we mostly watched movies. We started by watching Napoleaon (sp?) Dynamite. I always was really curious to see it since I had heard much about it. Well, my opinion on it was that it was really weird. Period. I don't think it was one of those 'good' movies.. I mean it's not like it had any story or point to it whatsoever. It is just some guy going to school each day being soo dumb I guess it's funny. Hahahaha yes it was really funny though!! Just so weird sometimes, like hahahahaha yeaaahh xD We couldn't take anymore of it, so turned it off and went outside later. It was really wet but we played on the swing that I mentioned from her party. I like that swing even more now. It is so much fun! Nicole and I got really muddy though. She had flipflops on! Her feet were like black, lolol and when we'd push each other she'd come back and her feet would hit my legs so yeah mud got everywhere so it was really funny haha =) Good time ^^ Joe Snedeker (a guy who does our weather on the local news) came by riding his bike, and I waved to him. He lives right there near Nicole by the lake so she sees him like everyday. Ha I recognized him right away, and I was pushing Nicole on the swing when I yelled "Hey some guy!!" And she got so scared it was a "bad" guy that the rest of the time she acted all weak and shaky. That doesn't make much sense but it was hilarious. xP I only put this in here because Buddy Foote will know who I am talking about..and just thought it was weird. LoL :P Once back inside we watched another movie,"The Johnson Family Vacation" and I enjoyed that movie too. Bow Wow was in it (I mentioned before Nicole likes him).. and it was funny at parts. Haha it was good though. I never watched so many movies before in a month.. I rarely watch movies because unless they really interest me, or I feel like sitting on a couch for 2 hours straight, I can't stand sitting through them.. I don't know.. I guess it bores me? :P Lately it hasn't though ^^

Yesterday my goal was to play Runescape for 12 hours straight. -cough cough- =) Sadly, I never even played for an hour =/ This week I went in Runescape a few times and looked around, then I felt like actually doing some playing and was/still am really excited. In fact, after this entry I plan on playing. This is what I accomplished though. I talked to some in-game lady character. She scared me because she seemed so depressed :P Then yesterday I played for an exact half hour. Buddy Foote being the incredibly nice person that he is, helps me soo much in Runescape. I even told him, like honestly, not all new players are this lucky. I am the luckiest! :D He made some circles on a map acting as a guide and gave it to me for where I can go to do some real RS playing. I went to the one area past a jail. A jail guard (or something similiar) did attack me in some way because I lost 4HP and then I ran from him. I didn't panic that time which was a surprise.. I wanted to laugh really, it was weird. I am paranoid though, constantly, when playing xD I killed maybe 10 goblins and 2 giant spiders or something close to that. I went up in HP, from 10/10 to 11/11 which was nice =) I chopped down a few trees and went up one woodcutting level. Ow, I am making so many typos which you won't see because I try to proofread but I had just put in "woodbutting" rather than "woodcutting" like ?!?! Hahahahah it was funny though LoL xD

The reason I didn't play much yesterday, nor talk to Steve that night about my RS accomplishments which I planned on doing (I'm sorry Stephen) was because my best friend Heather called asking if Chase (my brother) and I could come up and spend the day swimming since I won't be joining her this year on the 4th of July like usual. She had been soo upset over this, and so was I. I had this huge dilemma, and had to choose between friends (which are not friends with one another -sighs-) it was a disaster. I mean, either way I would hurt a friend. I was this close to not going anywhere and staying home to sulk that day if it was gonna be such a mess. Eventually Heather being the bestest friend ever who I love to pieces and I want her to know that, said I should just go to Abby's cottage at the lake since it is a bit different & a one time event probably and I'd have more fun. I was a mess though, I did want to go with Abby this year because this is the first summer they have invited me to do some new stuff with them and I am enjoying it and having lots of fun. I had spent most of the 4ths going to Heather's, and it was just a bad situation making people cry! Luckily, it seems to have been resolved now. I was so happy when Heather called me yesterday and invited me over because it showed me she'd be okay with it all. Chase, Heather, and I had fun swimming and feeding the animals at the barn. Then it was decided that we'll make it up because Heather and I might go to this fair together and do stuff. I think, hope, and know things will be fine =)

This weekend is going to be hot so I will probably get to go swimming. I now need to eat lunch.. and I have so much to do it seems but I want to play Runescape since I got jipped of it yesterday! xP Okay I wrote so much my "fings are fallin' off" and this entry had nothing to do with raisins.. except I was thinking of them because I can't remember the last time I ate a raisin.. hmm (: BByyee *!

No comments: