Friday, June 09, 2006

School's Closed, Zoo's Open

Hola mi amigos =) 'Tis I, Senorita Caitlin ... ^.^ Before I say anything else though, I must stand up from this old, rickety computer seat and stomp my foot hard onto this maroon-colored carpeted room!! Want to know why? Rain, rain go away, come again another day! Can the start of my summer vacation be any more miserable? I don't think the rain has let up for 5 mintues since I exited my good ol' high school. It's just making me quite sad, depressed, cold, and bored even if we probably can use some rain! I need to feel the summer sun's rays on my skin, run around outside in freshly cut grass, and swim all afternoon long at any place I go to that has a pool! I can't take being stuck inside all day long a moment longer.. I went out shopping the other day though but still, it's been quite boring.... =/ -sighs- I resorted to almost, almost, creating a Neopets guild even, and when that happens, something is seriously wrong or I am bored out-of-my-mind! Hah. I spent a good chunk of time working on this blog's layout though, but after so long Blogger was acting up on me and kept saying "Error in loading" and I didn't want to chance losing my saved codes since it wasn't saving nor republishing the blog so I couldn't view anything. Other than that, I feel like progress was made which is always a good thing. =) I am taking my time unlike any other layout request ever with this one. I never knew I had this much patience for a layout, but I really hope it comes out fantastic because Buddy Foote himself & his blog greatly deserve the best I can do.

Well, my freshman year of high school has officially ended. I always feel like the years fly by fast, and it makes me a bit sad because I like school for the most part, and will miss it. Don't get me wrong though, a summer break is exactly what I want and need! [; I also really hope my report card comes in the mail soon... This was a great school year, way too many "firsts" occured that if I even tried to list them I'd get very emotional at how much I miss those moments =P Thankfully, I pulled good grades again, and am really proud of myself for that. Buddy Foote beat me out of the water though, so mucho props to him =D

If only the rain would stop, then I'd feel like summer has really begun. I think I am in that kind of "mood" again where I want to be outside all day long doing whatever I find to do that keeps me occupied. For example, all my summers when I was years younger I would stay outside from the time I woke up until the outdoor light came on at night. I spent my time trying really hard to catch butterflies, moths, grasshoppers, snails, worms, salamanders, baby fish, frogs, newts, caterpillars, and sometimes I'd get lucky and pick up a turtle! =D I would care for my collection of creatures all summer long by feeding them and learning about them [sometimes even disecting them] and pretending I was the owner of a pet store or a zoo. I had all these nifty jars, aquariums, boxes and the sort that I kept outside under this side panel roof thing and it was great. I made them beds from the cut grass clippings and tree bark, and gave everyone a name. I even took my creatures on rides and exercise because I loved them and animals so much. Really want to know more? Hahaha yes caterpillars need excerise from the jar and what salamander doesn't enjoy attending a swim class in a bird bath bin! I had an old baby carriage so I would have all my "friends" in their specific jar homes and set them in there while I pushed it around. I loved all those little guys, and was so depressed when I had to set them free in autumn. I was so sad one year I didn't let them go and chose my favorites to sneak inside the house. Here's a helpful hint to you all: Don't try this yourself! I brought frogs and salamanders inside, all hidden so I wouldn't get in trouble, and well let's just say they ended up dead before it hit December and my house smelled like a dead fish farm. [Is there even such a thing as a dead fish farm? O.o Eh.. probably not!]

I thought of myself as a tomboy back then, but today I think I've changed. Anyways, that's what I kept myself & my buzzing young imagination busy with in the past summers. xD Don't worry though, I have grown past that stage, haha, and don't plan on "opening my zoo" this summertime! I apologize to everyone who read the title there.. haha it sounded good so I left it =) Instead, I'll be hitting the beach! I am so excited already. I love going to the beach once a year. We plan to go in the beginning of August because the water is warmer and it's soo gorgeous =) Unfortunately, last year we didn't go because we were occupied with the sickness & later death of our first dog, Cutter. :'( May he R.i.P. We'll be going for a week, as usual, even though I keep being told we'll go for two weeks one year to come or maybe even the entire summer.. or at least a month but that hasn't happened yet =P I can't think of much else to write, but I have some news! Now that school is out I will have more time to go online... if I choose to that is. I also have the option to write here about every 2 days if I wish, rather than my one time of the week! That means you could be expecting some more of my writing to appear here. This makes me really excited :D I'm off to work some more on the layout now before I try to go to bed early tonight since I went to bed at 1AM last night and awoke at noon today! :o That wasn't the best thing because then half my day is already over... Ah wait! This song I like just came on the radio, again! "They see me rollin' They hatin' Patrollin And tryin to catch me ridin dirrtyyy." Ahahaha .. it's really catchy and constantly gets stuck in my head. -shrugs- =P Maybe you've heard that song before by some guy named "Chamillionaire" ? Anyways, i'm off like a firecracker during the Fourth of July!

*Wow* .. that was kind of scary .. lolol Cya!

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I know what you mean about the rain....it really stinks..... Rain makes me very sad & depressed too...but don't worry it will be gettin nice soon enough :)