Monday, June 26, 2006

Update On #Foote_Chat

[UPDATE with Runescape Hangman, brought to you by Buddy Foote]:

Big news for anybody willing to try out Runescape hangman on #Foote_Chat (on server irc.swiftirc.net) without any ops (besides Helper_Ent) in the room. Anybody can now start their own game of hangman! All you have to is type in !hang begin if there is no game in progress and a new game will begin. However only ops (operators) can stop a game. As always if it's your first time at the channel and you never played hangman there, type in !hang help for more information. I have edited the text in the !hang help command so that everybody will understand how to play because I have been getting some people who did not enter letters correctly or said the whole word if they knew it -- to which you are not supposed to do! Now if Helper_Ent is in the room and no other op, you can start a game.

But if you read my previous post, you may be wondering how you'll stop a game if you came across one of those unsolveable words. Well, I edited the word list like I said I was going to and took out apstrophes and hypens, but I will shortly take a look at the list again and make sure I didn't miss anything.

For more information on Runescape hangman, #Foote_Chat, and other IRC-related reading, refer to the last two posts that you'll find in this blog, this being a post by Caitlin and a post from me.

Also, here are two pictures I took of the IRC chat in action. One picture is taken from the SwiftSwitch client and the other from mIRC.



Have a good day!

No comments: